View Poll Results: Do you think that POTC needs to be updated with the new effects Al Lutz mentioned?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • POTC needs the new updates Al mentioned in his last entry.

6 18.18%
  • POTC does not need the new updates

8 24.24%
  • Now matter what changes or doesn't change, I will still be a fan of the ride.

19 57.58%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Change is good for Disney!

Okay there are so many people debating about POTC and Chicken Little that I can not believe it. It seems that most fans view everything Disney is doing with a negative perspective! Why? Disney needs to change things all the time. Change is good. The POTC stuff never happened yet and people are acting like it is the end of the world! People were negative about Chicken Little and it became #1 on it opening weekend. So why all the negativity towards disney? I support the company a whole lot right now because they are starting to realize that somethings need to be updated and changed to keep theme as a healthy competitor.

Does anyone agree or disagree with me?

For the last poll entry it is suppost to say "No" matter what changes or doesn't change, I will still be a fan of the ride.
    Last edited by Disney Wrassler; 11-10-2005 at 09:37 AM.

• Official Mice Chat person

Re: Change is good for Disney!

I agree with you, change is good for every company.

• keep moving forward...

if your going to make a change to the parks... i say to make a new ride, not try to bring pop-culture into a classic ride... it would be ok with me if they werent doing it to both parks but they are, and they are takeing walts creations and saying that they arent good enough as is to entertain and that it needs connections to preasent day, i will be all for this under one condition...

Mr.sparrow only appears a couple of times during the ride doesnt steal the show, and doesnt change the original ride to the point of it being a repeat of "hey... this rides old... lets add iago and zazu!!!"

(ok... actually thats three conditions)

if they keep this up then who knows... the possibilites are endless, heck... for all we know they can add eddie murphy and jenniffer tilly to the mansion because of the "success" of that movie, next the jungle cruise will be re-done to fit the jungle cruise movie... the movies were based off of the rides and the rides were never meant to have movies in the first place (even if it is really cool) but takeing those movies and makeing them a part of the wonderful rides that inspired them isnt right... im sure what walt meant by saying disneyland will never be completed was that they should always add exiting new things based off of new ideas and fresh concepts, and to leave the movie makeovers to fantasyland as that part of the park was originally intended, adding jack sparrow and whoever the heck else is in that movie is like torturing walt from the grave without him having a say in it... this would turn out great if they dont have jack steal the show and change walts creation... and if you guys doubt my opinion... may i direct you to the enchanted tiki room... under new management (plays horror film music)

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

change is always good. Look at the HM. I dont mind that they are going to change POTC because it will go back to it's original set up anyways

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ksejr1
    change is always good. Look at the HM. I dont mind that they are going to change POTC because it will go back to it's original set up anyways
    Thats the best part about it too, it won't be PC anymore.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Thats the best part about it too, it won't be PC anymore.
    Yeah, I really had a problem with a certain group of people who thought it was sexist for the pirate to be chasing the woman in circles. I mean COME ON does anyone know a little called reality? Hmmmm....guess not!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    Yeah, I really had a problem with a certain group of people who thought it was sexist for the pirate to be chasing the woman in circles. I mean COME ON does anyone know a little called reality? Hmmmm....guess not!
    Did Floridas version also become PC?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Did Floridas version also become PC?
    Sadly yes. The guys don't chase the girls anymore, I always thought that was funny. Originally they had 3 chase scenes, two with women being chased and one with a *ahem* large woman chasing a gentleman with a broom. Well the broom lady is still there but they switched the other 2.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    Sadly yes. The guys don't chase the girls anymore, I always thought that was funny. Originally they had 3 chase scenes, two with women being chased and one with a *ahem* large woman chasing a gentleman with a broom. Well the broom lady is still there but they switched the other 2.
    Ah! so they are probably implying that it is okay for women to chase men, but not for men to chase women. Perhaps we men should complain LOL.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Ah! so they are probably implying that it is okay for women to chase men, but not for men to chase women. Perhaps we men should complain LOL.
    LOL Sometimes women like to be chased....hellllllo. *lol* That would be like me saying Why is the fat girl chasing the other guy with a broom, what us fabulously sexy fluffy girls don't get to be chased?

Whatever, people need to stop being so anal.

• Circle of Ancients

It will still be awesome either way.

And with recent going's on at the park I have the utmost confidence in the current higher ups at Disneyland.

Now, if this was 3 or 4 years ago ... different story.

• Rock Star Minion

According to your poll, there aren't that many posters who think it's the end of the world.
    (It's possible that their world ended before they could vote.)
    it's just a few very high-frequency posters doing most of the complaining. It is your choice either to ignore or to patronize them.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

I dont agree with the general statement, "Change is good."
    "Good change is (by definition) good."
    "Bad change is (by definition) bad."
    I alone will decide.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• UH..LIKE DUH..

Change yes. Change for the better. Yes. Radical change, absolutely. Band aid solutions and overlays with poor exceution at the expense of a classic? ...No thank you. I'm still waiting for disney to wow us like they did when the ride first opened.

• Sex Panther made by Odeon

They proablly should try it at Walt Disney World first, and see how well guests like it, if its a hit, then I would say convert it over to Disneyland. But I am kinda excited for Captin' Jack Sparrow!
    Great Odin's raven!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast