Thread: The Fountain

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

The Fountain

Teaser for The Fountain Flows Online

Source: Warner Bros. Pictures
    November 10, 2005

An Internet-only trailer for director Darren Aronofsky's The Fountain, starring Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz, is now online. You can watch clip in various QuickTime formats via this link.

In the film, a quest for immortality - via a "tree of life" found in Central America - is attempted in three different centuries, the ultimate lesson being that death, as part of the process of rebirth, is to be embraced, not feared.

Opening in 2006, the Warner Bros. release also stars Ellen Burstyn, Sean Gullette, Sean Patrick Thomas and Donna Murphy.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Re: The Fountain

I am SO excited for this film. I have read many on-set reports and earlier reviews of the script. It looks to be a real mind bender!
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: The Fountain

Me too! Remember when this looked to be right around the corner and Brad had the beard going...?!

September 13, 2002 - The rumors are true. According to an official statement from the folks at Warner Bros., Brad Pitt has officially ditched Darren Aronofsky's post-modern sci-fi flick, The Fountain, a move that will delay the picture indefinitely. Instead, according to the studio, he'll star in Wolfgang Petersen's Trojan War epic, Troy. Pitt will play the lead role of Achilles.

Jeff Robinov, President of Production at Warner Bros. Pictures said, "We are very pleased that Brad will be teaming with Wolfgang Petersen and joining the cast of Troy. He will make the perfect Achilles. ... Although we are disappointed not to be moving forward with The Fountain right now, we remain committed to working with the film's director, Darren Aronofsky, a filmmaker with unique vision and exceptional taste."
    For his part, Pitt added, "Given my friendship and respect for Darren and the year and a half we've dedicated to working on this project, I too am disappointed. Still, I remain encouraged that The Fountain will yet have its day."
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006