• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Serenity Dvd 12/20

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com)- Joss Whedon's short-lived FOX drama "Firefly" found its greatest success on DVD and it looks like Universal is hoping the same will be true of Whedon's feature "Serenity."
    After 38 days in release, "Serenity" has grossed just over $25 million domestically and it'll make its transition onto DVD on December 20, a theater-to-home window of well under three months, an extra fast turnaround.
    Now you know what to get as a stocking stuffer for that Browncoat in your life.

A WORLD OF EXTRAS

Exclusive bonus features on the DVD offer viewers a deeper look into the brilliantly constructed universe of Serenity.
    - Deleted Scenes - Outtakes - Special Introduction by Joss Whedon -- The Oscar® and Emmy-nominated writer/director of Serenity. - Re-lighting the Firefly - What's in a Firefly? - Feature Commentary with Joss Whedon, creator of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Angel" and "Firefly."
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Re: Serenity Dvd 12/20

I sent the bat signal to DQ about this last week. Noticed it on Amazon. I've preordered it in case I can't find it here!

Can't wait! and boy was that a fast turn-around.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

I am so glad to hear its not going to be bare bones!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

wow, check out what Australia is getting next year:

Serenity (EXCLUSIVE Collector's Tin) (784707)
    Coming Soon! Pre-Order Now - Available Wednesday, 08 February 2006
    $AU32.83 (inc GST) Currency Converter International Price

This DVD is formatted for playback on PAL enabled systems (Australian Standard).

Pre-order this item and we'll include Free Delivery via Australia Post Surface Mail (Australia Only) We do not charge your card until your order is ready to ship.

EXCLUSIVE to EzyDVD, this Limited Edition Embossed Collector's Tin includes the new movie from director Joss Whedon, Serenity! Order now at this HOT price while stocks last! Click here for a complete list of exclusive collectible items:

Collectible Items EXCLUSIVE to EzyDVD!

Attention International Customers
    This title will incur a $9.50 shipping charge in addition to the international price.
    To display the international price please click on the currency converter link above.

They aim to misbehave...

Serenity is the feature-length adaptation of Joss Whedon’s cult TV show, Firefly, about a band of galactic outcasts 500 years in the future.

The story centres on Captain Malcolm “Mal” Reynolds (Nathan Fillion), a hardened veteran (on the losing side) of a galactic civil war, who now ekes out a living pulling off small crimes and transport-for-hire aboard his ship, Serenity. He leads a small, eclectic crew who are the closest thing he has left to family – squabbling, insubordinate and undyingly loyal.

When Mal takes on two new passengers – a young doctor and his unstable telepathic sister – he gets much more than he bargained for. The pair are fugitives from the coalition dominating the universe who will stop at nothing to reclaim the girl.

The crew that was once used to skimming the outskirts of the galaxy unnoticed find themselves caught between the unstoppable military force of the Universal Alliance and the horrific cannibalistic fury of the Reavers, savages who roam the very edge of space.

Hunted by vastly different enemies, they begin to discover the greatest danger to them may be on board Serenity herself.
    Special Features:
    • A Filmmakers Journey - Journey with Joss from Script to Screen (exclusive to Australian DVD)
    • Joss Whedon Q&A Session - Filmed at Fox Studios in Sydney (exclusive to Australian DVD)
    • Extended Scenes (exclusive to Australian DVD)
    • Take a Walk on Serenity - Cast and Crew take us on a special tour of the Serenity ship (exclusive to Australian DVD)
    • The Green Clan - Expose on Cinematographer Jack Green and his team (exclusive to Australian DVD)
    • Deleted Scenes
    • Outtakes
    • Future History - The Story of Earth That Was
    • What's In A Firefly
    • Re-lighting The Firefly
    • Joss Whedon Introduction
    • Feature Commentary
    • Easter Egg - We'll Have A Fruity Oaty Good Time

Actors:Adam Baldwin Alan Tudyk Gina Torres Jewel Staite Morena Baccarin Nathan Fillion Sean Maher Summer Glau Director:Joss Whedon Audioolby Digital 5.1Aspect Ratio:16:9 EnhancedTransfer Format:WidescreenCategory:Science Fiction/Fantasy Region:4FormatVDYear:2005Distributor:EzyDVD Rating:TBCLanguages:English Running Time:119 mins
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Adios, 'Firefly'... Joss Whedon lets ''Firefly'' go -- The ''Serenity'' director may turn to ''Buff the Vampire Slayer'' for his next big-screen project by Jeff Jensen

var mainImgWidth="";When Buffy the Vampire Slayer creator Joss Whedon looks back on 2005, he can take comfort in knowing that his film-directing debut, the sci-fi Western Serenity, resurrected his canceled-too-soon cult classic TV series Firefly, and was also one of the year's best-reviewed movies. ''I should say I'm above reading reviews,'' he says. ''But I would be lying.''

Alas, Whedon's fond memories are also tainted by Serenity's status as a franchise nonstarter; despite Universal's best marketing efforts, the film only mustered $25 million. ''In the end, it was what it was: a tough sell,'' says Whedon, adding that it appears the Firefly saga has reached its conclusion. He has no regrets — and he's moving on. He's currently penning a Wonder Woman flick for Warner Bros., and has the thriller Goners set up at Universal; he'll direct whichever gets a green light first.

Buffy's papa has more Slayerstuff in the pipeline as well: an ongoing comic book (''the eighth season we never made''), and possibly a series of DVD flicks focusing on characters like platinum bloodsucker Spike. As for Serenity, ''I have closure,'' he says. ''And now, I can have it in my home — which means that finally I can actually stop working on it.''

Serenity was great. I'll get the DVD for sure.
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.