Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Another Bus Crash at WDW

Disney bus crash: Disney bus crashes near Hollywood Studios - OrlandoSentinel.com

A Disney bus with 26 passengers and a PT Cruiser were involved in a crash near Disney's Hollywood Studios this afternoon.

The Florida Highway Patrol said there were no injuries, even though initial reports said there were. An FHP spokeswoman said the bus driver was not at fault.
    Details are still coming out regarding the accident, we will be updating this thread as news is released.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Another Bus Crash at WDW

Another one. Really.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

As long as the resort transportation and the guests use the same narrow and confusing roads, there will continue to be accidents. It is a real shame. I'm glad to hear that no one was injured.

At this rate, Disney will eventually be shamed into building more boats, monorails, or light rail to shuttle guests around. If Disney can't build a modern transportation system, who can???

Come on Disney. Step up to the challenge! You can do it!! And your guests will thank you for it!!!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Here we goooooo!

I have been driving the WDW roads for years: daytime, nightime, after partying, on the way to a park. They truly ARE confusing, even if you know your way around. Signs leave you guessing "do we turn NOW or at the NEXT turn". They are vague and the average tourist is probably very confused. It lends itself to a lot of heavy-brake-driving. People not sure when to turn, merge or stay in their lane. Yes, Disney CAN do it. What they need to do is take a bunch of teens who just passed their drivers ed course, and ride with them without saying a word....see if they know where to go by JUST following the signs. I bet they witness a lot of confusion. I often wondered...how does someone who's never been here feel about these roads?

• Banned User

Come on. It's time to retire most of those vehicles and build some boats and monorails. Dusty is right.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    As long as the resort transportation and the guests use the same narrow and confusing roads, there will continue to be accidents. It is a real shame. I'm glad to hear that no one was injured.

At this rate, Disney will eventually be shamed into building more boats, monorails, or light rail to shuttle guests around. If Disney can't build a modern transportation system, who can???

Come on Disney. Step up to the challenge! You can do it!! And your guests will thank you for it!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by disneylandtour View Post
    Come on. It's time to retire most of those vehicles and build some boats and monorails. Dusty is right.
    A light rail(or a mag-lev) train would work, so would a new monorail line; But I would be more leaning towards a PRT-like system for WDW.

Timekeeper

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post

Something very big would have to change in how those systems can move people around or the fuel they use. The biggest change that Disney is most likely to implement is dedicated bus lanes.

• Not here to help

Mooonnnnoooorrraaaiiiilllll
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Here we goooooo!

No. No more boats. Please.

According to the Reedy Creek Improvement District Comprehensive Plan, the Transportation Chapter projected that the resort would have about 100 more buses then they do now. That is about a 25% increase. If you had that many more buses, headways at the stops would be reduced and people would tend to use the transportation network instead of driving. That is how the property is planned.

I don't know why Disney does not provide the recommended vehicles. That type of detail is not outlined in the plan.

Sam
    SamLand's Disney Adventures

Back when the Destination Disney organization was in place, one of the key departments was creating a new transportation master plan. The plan was pretty much done and ready to be presented when it got yanked due to 9/11. Key to it was busing guests from the non-monorail hotels to transportation hubs to pickup monorails to the parks and Downtown Disney. Hotels not serviced by monorails would remain as such.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankieD View Post
    Back when the Destination Disney organization was in place, one of the key departments was creating a new transportation master plan. The plan was pretty much done and ready to be presented when it got yanked due to 9/11. Key to it was busing guests from the non-monorail hotels to transportation hubs to pickup monorails to the parks and Downtown Disney. Hotels not serviced by monorails would remain as such.
    And I might point out that Bus Transportation is safe when you look at the millions of miles driven by buses across the country each day. The issue isn't so much the buses as it is stupid people in cars not knowing what they're doing. Oh I'm not talking about the stupid people not knowing where they're going, I'm talking about the stupid people not knowing how to drive. For example, thinking that its absolutely perfectly find to cut across three lanes of traffic because they missed the exit under some misfounded belief that if they don't make that exit, they'll end up in some purgatory going around and around in circles never able to get to where they wanted to go.

• Banned User

Say it with me Disney, people moverrr

• Here we goooooo!

Talking Re: Another Bus Crash at WDW

Quote Originally Posted by FrankieD View Post
    And I might point out that Bus Transportation is safe when you look at the millions of miles driven by buses across the country each day. The issue isn't so much the buses as it is stupid people in cars not knowing what they're doing. Oh I'm not talking about the stupid people not knowing where they're going, I'm talking about the stupid people not knowing how to drive. For example, thinking that its absolutely perfectly find to cut across three lanes of traffic because they missed the exit under some misfounded belief that if they don't make that exit, they'll end up in some purgatory going around and around in circles never able to get to where they wanted to go.

The problem is (well,besides drivers not knowing how to drive)...is that there is a reality to the fear that if they miss their exit, they will drive around the 'world' forever. I've done it, and I'm a decent 3-lane shifter. Once you miss that exit, because the signs don't clearly say "THIS IS YOUR EXIT STUPID", you sometimes have to go OFF Disney property to turn around.....that's no lie. I've been frustrated more than once, ending up back on 92. And again, I'm a 'regular'. The danged signs are half the problem.

I DO agree with the comment on more people movers. Those are so darn fun. But then, wouldnt that be a monorail?

I am not an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by michael darling View Post
    The problem is (well,besides drivers not knowing how to drive)...is that there is a reality to the fear that if they miss their exit, they will drive around the 'world' forever. I've done it, and I'm a decent 3-lane shifter. Once you miss that exit, because the signs don't clearly say "THIS IS YOUR EXIT STUPID", you sometimes have to go OFF Disney property to turn around.....that's no lie. I've been frustrated more than once, ending up back on 92. And again, I'm a 'regular'. The danged signs are half the problem.

I DO agree with the comment on more people movers. Those are so darn fun. But then, wouldnt that be a monorail?

I am not an idiot.
    The point being that people don't take personal responsibility for their own safety and the safety of those around them. The put their time & convenience before both. So you have to go off of property to get back to where you're going, that's a hell of a lot safer than suddenly swerving across three lanes...and it always will be.

As far as the bus drivers, there's a whole hell of a lot training that goes on before the driver is ever behind the wheel and then a whole lot of driving in empty parking lots before the driver is allowed onto the road.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast