Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    22,687

    Another Bus Crash at WDW

    Disney bus crash: Disney bus crashes near Hollywood Studios - OrlandoSentinel.com

    A Disney bus with 26 passengers and a PT Cruiser were involved in a crash near Disney's Hollywood Studios this afternoon.

    The Florida Highway Patrol said there were no injuries, even though initial reports said there were. An FHP spokeswoman said the bus driver was not at fault.
    Details are still coming out regarding the accident, we will be updating this thread as news is released.

  2. #2

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,364

    Re: Another Bus Crash at WDW

    Another one. Really.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  3. #3

    • MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Temple of the Forbidden Eye
    Posts
    13,759
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Another Bus Crash at WDW

    As long as the resort transportation and the guests use the same narrow and confusing roads, there will continue to be accidents. It is a real shame. I'm glad to hear that no one was injured.

    At this rate, Disney will eventually be shamed into building more boats, monorails, or light rail to shuttle guests around. If Disney can't build a modern transportation system, who can???

    Come on Disney. Step up to the challenge! You can do it!! And your guests will thank you for it!!!
    Find us on Facebook:

    .

    How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,



  4. #4

    • Here we goooooo!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    53

    Re: Another Bus Crash at WDW

    I have been driving the WDW roads for years: daytime, nightime, after partying, on the way to a park. They truly ARE confusing, even if you know your way around. Signs leave you guessing "do we turn NOW or at the NEXT turn". They are vague and the average tourist is probably very confused. It lends itself to a lot of heavy-brake-driving. People not sure when to turn, merge or stay in their lane. Yes, Disney CAN do it. What they need to do is take a bunch of teens who just passed their drivers ed course, and ride with them without saying a word....see if they know where to go by JUST following the signs. I bet they witness a lot of confusion. I often wondered...how does someone who's never been here feel about these roads?

  5. #5

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    573

    Re: Another Bus Crash at WDW

    Come on. It's time to retire most of those vehicles and build some boats and monorails. Dusty is right.

  6. #6

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange
    Posts
    1,667

    Re: Another Bus Crash at WDW

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    As long as the resort transportation and the guests use the same narrow and confusing roads, there will continue to be accidents. It is a real shame. I'm glad to hear that no one was injured.

    At this rate, Disney will eventually be shamed into building more boats, monorails, or light rail to shuttle guests around. If Disney can't build a modern transportation system, who can???

    Come on Disney. Step up to the challenge! You can do it!! And your guests will thank you for it!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by disneylandtour View Post
    Come on. It's time to retire most of those vehicles and build some boats and monorails. Dusty is right.
    A light rail(or a mag-lev) train would work, so would a new monorail line; But I would be more leaning towards a PRT-like system for WDW.


    Timekeeper

  7. #7

    • враг народа
    • Online

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,059
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Another Bus Crash at WDW

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    As long as the resort transportation and the guests use the same narrow and confusing roads, there will continue to be accidents. It is a real shame. I'm glad to hear that no one was injured.

    At this rate, Disney will eventually be shamed into building more boats, monorails, or light rail to shuttle guests around. If Disney can't build a modern transportation system, who can???

    Come on Disney. Step up to the challenge! You can do it!! And your guests will thank you for it!!!
    Something very big would have to change in how those systems can move people around or the fuel they use. The biggest change that Disney is most likely to implement is dedicated bus lanes.

  8. #8

    • Not here to help
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,118

    Re: Another Bus Crash at WDW

    Mooonnnnoooorrraaaiiiilllll
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

  9. #9

    • Here we goooooo!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    53

    Re: Another Bus Crash at WDW

    No. No more boats. Please.

  10. #10

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    267

    Re: Another Bus Crash at WDW

    According to the Reedy Creek Improvement District Comprehensive Plan, the Transportation Chapter projected that the resort would have about 100 more buses then they do now. That is about a 25% increase. If you had that many more buses, headways at the stops would be reduced and people would tend to use the transportation network instead of driving. That is how the property is planned.

    I don't know why Disney does not provide the recommended vehicles. That type of detail is not outlined in the plan.

    Sam
    SamLand's Disney Adventures

  11. #11

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    48

    Re: Another Bus Crash at WDW

    Back when the Destination Disney organization was in place, one of the key departments was creating a new transportation master plan. The plan was pretty much done and ready to be presented when it got yanked due to 9/11. Key to it was busing guests from the non-monorail hotels to transportation hubs to pickup monorails to the parks and Downtown Disney. Hotels not serviced by monorails would remain as such.

  12. #12

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    48

    Re: Another Bus Crash at WDW

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieD View Post
    Back when the Destination Disney organization was in place, one of the key departments was creating a new transportation master plan. The plan was pretty much done and ready to be presented when it got yanked due to 9/11. Key to it was busing guests from the non-monorail hotels to transportation hubs to pickup monorails to the parks and Downtown Disney. Hotels not serviced by monorails would remain as such.
    And I might point out that Bus Transportation is safe when you look at the millions of miles driven by buses across the country each day. The issue isn't so much the buses as it is stupid people in cars not knowing what they're doing. Oh I'm not talking about the stupid people not knowing where they're going, I'm talking about the stupid people not knowing how to drive. For example, thinking that its absolutely perfectly find to cut across three lanes of traffic because they missed the exit under some misfounded belief that if they don't make that exit, they'll end up in some purgatory going around and around in circles never able to get to where they wanted to go.

  13. #13

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Another Bus Crash at WDW

    Say it with me Disney, people moverrr

  14. #14

    • Here we goooooo!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    53

    Talking Re: Another Bus Crash at WDW

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieD View Post
    And I might point out that Bus Transportation is safe when you look at the millions of miles driven by buses across the country each day. The issue isn't so much the buses as it is stupid people in cars not knowing what they're doing. Oh I'm not talking about the stupid people not knowing where they're going, I'm talking about the stupid people not knowing how to drive. For example, thinking that its absolutely perfectly find to cut across three lanes of traffic because they missed the exit under some misfounded belief that if they don't make that exit, they'll end up in some purgatory going around and around in circles never able to get to where they wanted to go.

    The problem is (well,besides drivers not knowing how to drive)...is that there is a reality to the fear that if they miss their exit, they will drive around the 'world' forever. I've done it, and I'm a decent 3-lane shifter. Once you miss that exit, because the signs don't clearly say "THIS IS YOUR EXIT STUPID", you sometimes have to go OFF Disney property to turn around.....that's no lie. I've been frustrated more than once, ending up back on 92. And again, I'm a 'regular'. The danged signs are half the problem.

    I DO agree with the comment on more people movers. Those are so darn fun. But then, wouldnt that be a monorail?

    I am not an idiot.

  15. #15

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    48

    Re: Another Bus Crash at WDW

    Quote Originally Posted by michael darling View Post
    The problem is (well,besides drivers not knowing how to drive)...is that there is a reality to the fear that if they miss their exit, they will drive around the 'world' forever. I've done it, and I'm a decent 3-lane shifter. Once you miss that exit, because the signs don't clearly say "THIS IS YOUR EXIT STUPID", you sometimes have to go OFF Disney property to turn around.....that's no lie. I've been frustrated more than once, ending up back on 92. And again, I'm a 'regular'. The danged signs are half the problem.

    I DO agree with the comment on more people movers. Those are so darn fun. But then, wouldnt that be a monorail?

    I am not an idiot.
    The point being that people don't take personal responsibility for their own safety and the safety of those around them. The put their time & convenience before both. So you have to go off of property to get back to where you're going, that's a hell of a lot safer than suddenly swerving across three lanes...and it always will be.

    As far as the bus drivers, there's a whole hell of a lot training that goes on before the driver is ever behind the wheel and then a whole lot of driving in empty parking lots before the driver is allowed onto the road.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bus crash at WDW
    By OogieBoogie in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 08:13 PM
  2. IE Crash
    By composerboy in forum The Forums
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 11:11 PM
  3. Are we going to crash again?
    By FantasyWatersDude in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 08:44 PM
  4. Crash
    By pinkCHICLETT in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-31-2006, 04:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •