Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I was deleted.

Disney Store Outlets

Since The Children's Place purchased the stores in mid-November they are already to oepn their first outlet store later this month. The store will be the first of more to come and be located outside of New York City.

Do you think that Disney should have done this before to help the stores succeed? There are Disney Catalog outlets, but what about store outlets? Will you shop at one? Do you think this will have any impact on the Disney Store brand/Disney name? I'm curious to know what you think.

• Practically Perfect

Once a year one comes to the mall by my house (although I don't think it's technically an Disney STORE outlet, more stuff from the parks and stuff). I love shoping there, I can actually afford stuff that I'm not able to get unless I go to the parks!

• Zapp's Minion :D

I've been lucky. There have been 3 Disney Outlets in NorCal in the last few months.
    One in Hayward,Ca & Woodland,Ca both where in town from late October - early Jan.

And now there is another in Citrus Heights,CA.

Up 80% off the orignal prices!!!

• Doing it with a flair

I'm going to the one in Sacramento tonight with my 10% coupon (thanks MalibuMinion!)
    Eglantine, Eglantine, oh how you shine!
    I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...
    ...and if you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice...

Quote Originally Posted by Emelius_Browne
    I'm going to the one in Sacramento tonight with my 10% coupon (thanks MalibuMinion!)
    Your welcome, just sign up on the mailing list and the next time they come to town they will send you 2 coupons

• Doing it with a flair

Quote Originally Posted by Malibu Minion
    Your welcome, just sign up on the mailing list and the next time they come to town they will send you 2 coupons
    Back from the store. We (Retlaw and I) ended up spending about thirty bucks and we decided we are going back in a few weeks when they get the next shipment in.
    We bought:Postcards (for my sister's scrapbooking), Hollywood Tower ashtrays that we are going to use as coasters, a few shotglasses (haunted mansion and a general disneyland one with the old sign)
    I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

When I lived in Texas many years ago I got a really groovy Cheshire Cat watch at the outlet in San Marcos. The second hand was his face (really a clear round disc, kind of like a cel with his face painted on it) and every 60 seconds it would hit properly on his head. Very cool.

Now you have me wondering... where is that watch now?

• Santa Barbara, CA

It's all such CHEESE. To think of something as special and high quality as Disney being "outlet" oriented makes it so "who cares". They have made the company such a commodity anyway. Steve Jobs won't sell Apple T Shirts because it cheapens his brand. They avoid sales by having "price drops". So classy. but Apple is sooo special, even in the way they wrap their goods in hot packages. Disney is so manufactured "magic by the palette". "Magic at 40% off".

Wait ..40% is alot, wheres the outlet!!!
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Back from the store. We (Retlaw and I) ended up spending about thirty bucks and we decided we are going back in a few weeks when they get the next shipment in.
    We bought:Postcards (for my sister's scrapbooking), Hollywood Tower ashtrays that we are going to use as coasters, a few shotglasses (haunted mansion and a general disneyland one with the old sign)

Hey would you guys mind letting me know when they get their next shipment?? I'd appreciate it

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Doing it with a flair

Sure I'll give them a call in a week or so and let you know

• Practically Perfect

It's all such CHEESE. To think of something as special and high quality as Disney being "outlet" oriented makes it so "who cares". They have made the company such a commodity anyway. Steve Jobs won't sell Apple T Shirts because it cheapens his brand. They avoid sales by having "price drops". So classy. but Apple is sooo special, even in the way they wrap their goods in hot packages. Disney is so manufactured "magic by the palette". "Magic at 40% off".
    But mice LIKE cheese! I can kind of see where you're coming from, and I respect that, but I think that there's nothing worng with Disney outlet stores. Not all Disney fans are made of money, and if we can find something we love for a price we can handle, why not? But like I said, I understand where you're coming from. And I think I just confused myself...

• Doing it with a flair

Quote Originally Posted by quasimodo1384
    But mice LIKE cheese! I can kind of see where you're coming from, and I respect that, but I think that there's nothing worng with Disney outlet stores. Not all Disney fans are made of money, and if we can find something we love for a price we can handle, why not? But like I said, I understand where you're coming from. And I think I just confused myself...
    Personally, I just don't like OVERPRICED magic

Sure I'll give them a call in a week or so and let you know
    Do you know when that store is closing?

• Doing it with a flair

Quote Originally Posted by Malibu Minion
    Do you know when that store is closing?
    I think april 24th but I'm not 100% sure

Thanks-
    I'm gonna stop by there on Monday, when I get back from DL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast