Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Amy Adams get Disney's ENCHANTED

Amy Adams Gets Enchanted
    Source: Variety
    November 15, 2005

Amy Adams will play the princess in Enchanted, a Disney romantic fable that will mix live-action with CG animation, reports Variety. Kevin Lima (102 Dalmatians) is directing.

Originally written by Bill Kelly, Enchanted is about a princess-in-waiting who's banished by an evil queen from the cartoon world of Andalasia to the hardened world of present-day New York. The film turns to live action, and so does the princess. She attempts to navigate the city, find true love and save herself.

Adams, who most recently starred in Junebug and got her first big break with Catch Me If You Can, just wrapped the Adam McKay-directed untitled NASCAR project that stars Will Ferrell.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Re: Amy Adams get Disney's ENCHANTED

Great news about the very lovely and possibly quite talented James Marsden!

Marsden Joins Adams in Enchanted

December 7, 2005

James Marsden has signed to play the prince opposite Amy Adams' princess in the Kevin Lima-directed romantic fable Enchanted, which mixes live action and classic animation, reports Variety.

The Disney feature centers on a princess-in-waiting who is banished by an evil queen from the animation world of Andalasia to present-day New York City. Once there, the film turns to live action, and Adams' character attempts to navigate the city, finding true love in the process.

Marsden will play the prince who falls in love with Adams' character and follows her into the real world.

Barry Sonnenfeld and Barry Josephson are producing from a script currently written by Bill Kelly. Chris Chase and Sunil Perkash are executive producing.

Marsden next stars in X-Men 3 and Superman Returns.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

note: Amy Adams was voted Best Supporting Actress for "Junebug" in a tie with Michelle Williams for "Brokeback Mountain" at the 11th annual Critics Choice Awards.

Susan Sarandon Boards Enchanted

Oscar-winning actress Susan Sarandon will star as a wicked queen intent on destroying true love in Walt Disney Pictures' Enchanted, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Sarandon has signed on to play Queen Narissa opposite a star-crossed princess and prince (Amy Adams and James Marsden) in the Kevin Lima-directed fairy tale that will blend animation and live action.

The Bill Kelly script centers on a princess-in-waiting who is banished from a classical animation world by a vainglorious queen and dumped into a modern-day, live-action Manhattan.

Sarandon's role calls for her to demonstrate versatility in various media forms. Her transformations for traditional toon sequences are being created by Disney animator James Baxter, best known for his supervision of the character Belle in 1991's Beauty and the Beast.

Sarandon's likeness also is being re-envisioned by Oscar-winning makeup effects artist Rick Baker. The actress recently attended prosthetic modeling sessions at Baker's Cinovation Studios.

Enchanted production begins in April, with Sarandon expected to begin working in May.

Sarandon next appears in New Line Cinema's Mr. Woodcock and as heiress Doris Duke in Bob Balaban's upcoming Doris and Bernard opposite Ralph Fiennes.
    Last edited by ALIASd; 01-13-2006 at 08:26 AM.

• Circle of Ancients

Well, count me out then. I can't STAND Susan Sarandon.

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

"Junebug" was a terrific film and Amy Adams was quite wonderful in it. Thanks for the update..!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

This movie sounds great!!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Dempsey Boards Writers & Enchanted
    January 24, 2006

Grey's Anatomy star Patrick Dempsey has signed on for Paramount Pictures' Freedom Writers and is in talks to join the cast of Disney's Enchanted.

In the Richard LaGravenese-directed "Writers," Dempsey will play the husband of Hilary Swank's character in the story of a young teacher who inspires her class of at-risk students to pursue education beyond high school. Dempsey, who worked with Swank on HBO's Iron Jawed Angels, will film the role concurrently with his part on the hit ABC one-hour Grey's Anatomy.

Then, if scheduling conflicts can be worked out, he will take a role alongside Amy Adams, Susan sarandon, James Marsden and Idina Menzel in the Kevin Lima-directed Enchanted for Disney. He'd play a hard-working single father who meets Adams' character, who is banished by an evil queen from the animated world of Andalasia to present-day, live-action New York City.

• Banned User

patrick dempsey is sooo cute!! I just love him to death

• Happy Memories

I was reading a post on another site which said this film was a musical. It was the first I'd heard such information. According to this post, Alan Menken is doing the music and Idina Menzel was involved somehow. Can anyone confirm or deny this information?

As much as I like Menken and the lovely and talented Ms. Menzel, thinking about this film as a musical makes me less interested than I was when I thought it was just a cute family film.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

The article posted above from Variety mentions Menzel- maybe just the "animated" portion of it is a musical? That might be cute.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

StarTracks
    POP-UP PRINCESS
    Amy Adams plays peekaboo in a Times Square manhole Monday while filming her new Disney fairytale, Enchanted. The fantasy also stars Susan Sarandon and Dr. McDreamy himself, Patrick Dempsey.
    http://people.aol.com/people/galleri...563_12,00.html

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Photos of "Enchanted" stars Amy Adams and James Marsden
    at the Broadway opening of "Tarzan"
    http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryList...l=3a&PageNum=1

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

StarTracks
    POUF DADDY
    James Marsden – with his shoulders more padded than the cast of Dynasty's – manages to pull off an air of royalty Thursday on the New York set of Enchanted, about a fairytale gone awry. The X-Men star plays a prince in search of his true love in Manhattan.
    CREDIT: INFGOFF
    Published MONDAY MAY 22, 2006 10:00AM EST
    Updated MONDAY MAY 22, 2006 11:15AM EST
    http://people.aol.com/people/galleri...4540_9,00.html

• I Hug My Tapirs

Idina Menzel is definitely in it - that's a big part of the reason that I'm psyched for this one! She's interviewed about it here (but beware spoilers! Looks like they removed the huge ending spoiler it had before): http://movies.about.com/od/moviesinp...nted030906.htm
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Doctor McDreamy Gets 'Enchanted'

New York, NY :: 40-year-old actor Patrick Demspey (Dr. Derek Shepherd on Grey's Anatomy) films scenes with 30-year-old actress Amy Adams (her shoulder pads look much better than James Marsden's) on the set of their new movie Enchanted, directed by Kevin Lima.
    http://www.justjared.com/?page=5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast