Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Yeah those food commercials like Carl Jrs where they seemingly try to gross you out makes me go huh :confused:

I mean, you want me to buy your product why are you trying to make me hurl.

Cherios has an ad out now(as does another cereal commerical) that has a guy eating his cereal very loud in my ear...even when I turn on the mute the caption reads "loud smacking"........

Another set of commercials I turn on my mute for is these drug commercials where the side effects are worse then the disease......"side effects may include blurred vision, vomiting, itchy skin, loss of bladder control, death, restlessness, and shortness of breath" ....notice how death is always slipped in there(and who wouldn't lose a little bladder control if they thought they were going to die).....but your toe nails will never look better

I like Sierra Mist commercials, especially the ones with the dog.

I like the new Disneyland Commercials with Dumbo, Herbie, Genie, and many others.

Jack and the Box commercials always make me grin.

I really miss the old 1980s Henry Weinhards Private Reserve beer commercials ......they were the best.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Man O Lantern

Ew! The talking baby freaks me OUT! Yech!!

The other one I don't like is for a mucus drug....some kind of drug to get the gross germs out of your lungs.....mucinex? There are gross cartoon germ guys being attacked by the drug. It's just gross!!

The other one I don't like is for toenail fungus. The ad literally makes my toenails hurt.

• Senior Minion

The Chili Dog ad is really bad!! Too real It's scarrrry!!

• Do I seem familiar?

I hate hate hate the Dentyne Fire commercial where the parents are meeting their daughter's boyfriend. She pops in a piece of Dentyne Fire into her mouth and immediately jumps on her boyfriend in front of her parents. Then her mom does the same with the dad. :shudder: I hate this commercial.

I'm currently working for a consultant in the advertising industry and have come across some really great examples and pure duds. It's weird the sort of things you learn about advertising from both the agency's point of view and the marketer. Makes me wonder about the marketers who say, "Yeah, that's a good way to advertise our product."

• -Going Retro-

I also put a vote in for the Verizon commercial. It cracked me up the first time I saw it and still does . My truly favorite commercials are for any type of prescription drugs. I crack up at the side effects. "So take this to remove your wart...side effects include: Vomiting, loss of appetite, skin rash, possible stroke and death has occurred" lol it just cracks me up! I'm sick, I know! :devil:

• Pucker Up, Sweetie!

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    Are there some TV commercials that you find yourself giggling at?

There's also a Verizon Wireless ad we like. The mom and dad are standing at the living room window watching their kids shovel snow....the dad tricked them into it, saying he'd let them have additional cell phone minutes. The part my husband likes is the dad....the mom says it looks cold out there and the dad says "Yeah, freezing. I ain't going out there." A minute later he burns his tongue on his coffee....and their kids are out shoveling snow. I think it's a glimpse into the future of the type of parents we'll be. :o

What about you?
    Just figures that you and Tina and I like the same commercial! Everytime I see this one, I laugh out loud like I've just seen it for the first time! Kills me!
    "Ow! I burned my lip!" Bwwwwwaaaahahahahaha! Our poor children are sooo in for it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12