Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Man O Lantern

Good Ads, Bad Ads

Are there some TV commercials that you find yourself giggling at?

Or some some heinously stupid that they guarantee that you will NOT be buying the product they are advertising?

My favorite current commercial is for Dr. Pepper. It's the one with the young couple in love....he's buying her tampons (price check at the store too), folding her panties at the Laundromat, going to yoga and Meatloaf's "I Would Do Anything For Love (But I won't do that)" is playing. We just crack up.....the thing he won't do is share his Dr. Pepper. It's just a cute ad.

There's also a Verizon Wireless ad we like. The mom and dad are standing at the living room window watching their kids shovel snow....the dad tricked them into it, saying he'd let them have additional cell phone minutes. The part my husband likes is the dad....the mom says it looks cold out there and the dad says "Yeah, freezing. I ain't going out there." A minute later he burns his tongue on his coffee....and their kids are out shoveling snow. I think it's a glimpse into the future of the type of parents we'll be. :o

Ads I don't like.....usually I can come up with a bunch, but I'm blanking right now. I used to hate the Carl's Jr. ones where everyone's making a mess while they eat. I hated those SO much. I'd actually change the channel.

What about you?

• Where's the Big Dipper?

Even though I don't have AOL, I love the guy in the commecial who says "I want my computer to sound like a Yeti". It makes me laugh EVERY time.

The Dr. Pepper one is funny too.

The first time I saw the DL celebration commercial... I was SO excited. They showed it so many times last week during Extreme Home Makeover... that I wasn't so excited anymore.

This is not to say.. that won't buy their product though!!
    She walks in beauty, like the night
    Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
    And all that's best of dark and bright
    Meet in her aspect and her eyes.....

--Lord Byron

• Gay Man

I don't watch much TV, but I was glad to see the "Fantastic Voyage" ad last night.

DootDoot DootDoot You said "We've got yo get back to the ship", Dr. "I did?"

I haven't a clue what the product is, but I love the commercial.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    The ones I am not so fond of right now are the ones that try to get people to eat more fast food. Weinserschnitzel started it with their "Chili Dog Diet" ad campaign. I know there is another fast food chain that has a similar ad concept running.Yeah, we need people to be eating chili dogs three times a day. Supersize Me anyone?
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by Not Afraid
    I don't watch much TV, but I was glad to see the "Fantastic Voyage" ad last night.

DootDoot DootDoot You said "We've got yo get back to the ship", Dr. "I did?"
    BAH! That's the commercial during which I thought to myself, "I need to start a thread about ads!" I loved that one! I knew there were three I was going to post about!

And I have no idea what it was for. I was trying to hold it in my head, so I could post about it, but it didn't work.

• Gay Man

I can see a logo........maybe it's SCB? Or, some bank. Something NOT fun. But, GREAT ad!

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by Not Afraid
    I can see a logo........maybe it's SCB? Or, some bank. Something NOT fun. But, GREAT ad!
    They were doctors....that much is coming to me. Dang. Figures.

• Gepetto 2

There is one that ranks on my ALL TIME most obnoxious...It ran ALL the time just before Christmas...

It's the one with the overacting wife in bed FAKING an orgasm over her freakin' coat.

"Wrap you arms around me...IIII WAAAAAANT TOOOO FEEEEEL Your WAAAARMTH"

And her moron husband is grinning because she's so happy.

PUKE! I never could hit the mute button fast enough.

I will never buy a Burlington coat...I will never buy ANY coat! All coats are evil! They make dorky women overact!

Oh wait...I live in San Diego...I don't need a coat...

never mind.

D

BTW: Wienershnitzle can do no wrong...except they should respell their name to weenershnitzle so I can write about them.
    http://SpookyBook.com
    'Scary Dark Rides' Now in Hard & Soft Cover!
    The ONLY Dark Ride Book.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    That Verizon one you are talking about Stink, that one 'bout killed me the first time I ever saw it! I was ROLLING!! That's my fave right now.

I like the DP one too, defitnely got a giggle out of that one.

Like LV I liked the 50th celebration commercial but after 100 times feh

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    That Verizon one you are talking about Stink, that one 'bout killed me the first time I ever saw it! I was ROLLING!! That's my fave right now.
    I think it says something about how we'll parent our children when they're teens. That dad just cracks us up.

Ack, I haven't had the displeasure of seeing that Burlington coat ad!!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    I think it says something about how we'll parent our children when they're teens. That dad just cracks us up.

Ack, I haven't had the displeasure of seeing that Burlington coat ad!!
    Oh I totally agree when he said "I'm not going out there it's too cold" I swear I cheered! CHEERED I TELL YOU!!

• Man O Lantern

I'm so glad it's not just us! My husband is always doubled over during the ad. He loves it so much!!!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    I'm so glad it's not just us! My husband is always doubled over during the ad. He loves it so much!!!
    No not just you, in fact I've entered that commerical into my mental rolodex under "ways to tortue my children when they reach the teen years" I figure they're going to torture us enough I have to plan ahead

• Waiting for the stork

My absolute favorite ad is the guy talking about everything he has, a 4 bedroom house, like my car it's new, I even belong to the golf club, how do I do it? I'm in debt up to my ears (grinning the whole time) someone please help me....
    I crack up everytime (can't remember what company the ad is for though.)

I love the Gieco ads ...hair club for men spoof...great! but I like all the spoof Gieko ads. (cockroaches, reality tv show, cleaning products...etc)

I Hate Quiznos ads...first the dead Hamsters what the H was that all about??????
    now they have some talking baby...he just scares me.......

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    Mu most dreaded ad is the one with Bob and the pills that make him.. whatever.

The funniest ad I ever saw was the one with Bob in the quasi Home Depot. He is in there learning how to handle his wood. Never saw it again but i will never forget it.

Best ad is the Car ballet. The one where the car is weaving its way through cars that are doing a slow spin. Like a beutiful ballet.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast