• Banned User

Just got this DVD

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...y/walt_dvd.jpg

I'll watch it tonight and give a review.

• Banned User

I give this video a *****(5 star) rating.

It was VERY well done. I learned alot about him that I did not know.

The only thing I didn't like was the fact they left out anything about his dreams and plans about WDW. They talked about EPCOT, but nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by monorail rider
    The only thing I didn't like was the fact they left out anything about his dreams and plans about WDW. They talked about EPCOT, but nothing more.
    The way I understand it, Walt had nothing to do with WDW as it is today. His dreams and plans were about EPCOT, something that never actually came to be. While he did want another park and he was glad to have the over abundant land to build it on, he didn't plan "Walt Disney World" as we know it.

After Walt died, it was the company who used the land they'd bought and then came up with WDW, rather than actually building EPCOT. While they did come up with something they called "Epcot", it was in no way the same as the Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow that Walt had envisioned.
    Last edited by NWRREngineer; 03-08-2005 at 08:27 AM. Reason: added a little bit more info
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by NWRREngineer
    The way I understand it, Walt had nothing to do with WDW as it is today. His dreams and plans were about EPCOT, something that never actually came to be. While he did want another park and he was glad to have the over abundant land to build it on, he didn't plan "Walt Disney World" as we know it.

After Walt died, it was the company who used the land they'd bought and then came up with WDW, rather than actually building EPCOT. While they did come up with something they called "Epcot", it was in no way the same as the Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow that Walt had envisioned.

From what I rember hearing, Walt Had draems to have a "Disney World" within EPCOT. Your right in that EPCOT was suposed to be the main focus, but he did have a vision of another park. He had said once that after building Disneyland he was disapointed in it's location due to the growth around it. That is yet another ereason for buying up so much land in FL, that way no other company could come in and build up all around them.

Sadly, Walt's dreams for his FL project never came close to reality.