Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'Alice' makeover for 'Snow White' too...

Since yesterday, “Snow White and the Huntsman,” a new take on the classic fairy tale from scribe Evan Daugherty, director Rupert Sanders and producer Joe Roth has been making the rounds at the studios.

The only studio sitting out of the visual presentation roadshow by Sanders and company is Disney, which already has its own Snow White project, “Snow and the Seven.”

The project already has a couple of offers but no one is being invited into the castle until the process is done, which should be by Wednesday.

As evidenced by the title, the new take sees an expanded role for the Huntsman - in the fairy tale, he is ordered to take Snow White into the woods and kill her, but instead lets her go - and according to sources the two are chained together for part of the movie as they make their escape.

The Huntsman is not a love interest (fear not, the prince is still in the story) but acts more as a mentor, teaching the teen girl to fight and survive.

The billion-dollar success of Disney’s “Alice in Wonderland” (which Roth produced) has sent studios and production companies scouring the public-domain tales of yore.

Disney is developing retellings of both Sleeping Beauty, via an Angelina Jolie-Tim Burton project called “Maleficent,” and Cinderella. Warners is putting on a new coat on Little Red Riding Hood .
    New take on Snow White hits the town (exclusive)
    Last edited by ALIASd; 09-29-2010 at 02:35 PM.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Re: 'Alice' makeover for 'Snow White' too...

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

• Nutty about Disney parks

^ Same. Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland was kinda dull. Let's not repeat this mistake again.

• Infinitized!

What I thought was wierd about Alice was the whole concept that it was kind of supposed to be a sequel to the animated movie, and yet recycled stuff from the animated movie - it just didn't work. I don't know why Tim Burton didn't adapt the books.

"The Huntsman is not a love interest but acts more as a mentor, teaching the teen girl to fight and survive."

Just what we need. "Rambo" White...

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    What I thought was wierd about Alice was the whole concept that it was kind of supposed to be a sequel to the animated movie, and yet recycled stuff from the animated movie - it just didn't work. I don't know why Tim Burton didn't adapt the books.
    I never objected to Burton doing it as a "sequel" because the books themselves are unfilmable. There have been several decent attempts, most notably Disney's animated version and the 1933 live action version, but nothing that constitutes a classic. Both the literary "Wonderland" and "Looking Glass" are episodic tales with thin narratives. The satire is biting, though, and the wordplay inspired, but these are not elements that translate well to the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by FredSimmons View Post
    "The Huntsman is not a love interest but acts more as a mentor, teaching the teen girl to fight and survive."

Just what we need. "Rambo" White...

And here is my biggest gripe (among many) about Burton's "Alice." The sword and sorcery, coming of age aspect of his movie was glommed right off of "Harry Potter" and "Lord of the Rings," and poorly executed at that. I cringe to think that filmmakers are going to go down that road with Snow White.

I actually LOVED Alice... and I was the minority on that with my friends. I'm more excited about Malificent, but those are both Burton and I'm a fan of his. Not sure how I feel about this.

• Goofy

no thanks.

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Do they not understand just because a movie got a bunch of money, doesn't mean it's that good?

The only studio sitting out of the visual presentation roadshow by Sanders and company is Disney, which already has its own Snow White project, Snow and the Seven.

Wow. Edgy.

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

^ hahaha my thoughts exactly.

imagine if it was "Alice in Wonder"
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• will-o-the-whip

Quote Originally Posted by dmtnt55 View Post
    Do they not understand just because a movie got a bunch of money, doesn't mean it's that good?
    Their primary concern is that it made a lot of money so they go back to the well where they already found gold and hope to find more...

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Lets ruin Peter Pan net, maybe Pinocchio, I know we'll go with Bambi. Snow White is a CLASSIC if not one of the best movies EVER, to remake it in is a waste of time. Now what they are doing with Sleeping Beauty makes sense (and lets be honest its not the best Disney movie out there) But Disney does not EVER need to remake many of the classic's and new classics (such as Lion King, Aladdin, the Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast)

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Hmm.. the chance to see the dwarves doing a even stranger version of the futterwacken?

No thanks.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast