• MiceChat Moderator
    • Future Disney CM and WDI

Magic Kingdom movie

I know this will be met with mixed thoughts.

I dont mind the idea. As a filmmaker and Disney fanatic, Id love to work on such a film -- Disney, please call me!

Disney's 'Magic' ride - Entertainment News, Film News, Media - Variety

Ronald Moore, behind the recent reboot of the "Battlestar Galactica" TV series, already penned a script based on his own pitch for the project that Marc Abraham and Eric Newman will produce through their Universal-based Strike Entertainment shingle. The initial plot took place inside Disneyland.
    But Disney and the producers are looking to develop "Magic Kingdom" further with a new scribe, who has yet to be hired.
    While executives say the project isn't a top priority, it is one they're keeping their eyes on as a potential platform that could showcase a number of high-profile Disney characters, including Mickey Mouse and friends. In other words, it would feature well-known Disney-owned icons rather than hint at them the way "Enchanted" did in 2007.

Some at the studio are referring to "Magic Kingdom" as Disney's own "Justice League" or "The Avengers" -- movies that need other films to rollout at the megaplex in order to introduce audiences -- especially younger moviegoers -- to a cast of characters or overall properties they may not be fully familiar with.

1. Disneyland 1997;
    2. Disneyland Resort 2008; 3. Hong Kong Disneyland 2009; 4. Disneyland Resort 2009; 5. Disneyland Resort 2010; 6. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2011; 7. Disney Cruise Lines 2011 - Disney Dream; 8. Disneyland Resort 2011; 9. Disneyland Resort 2012; 10. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2012; 11. Disney Cruise Lines 2012 - Disney Fantasy; ?. Tokyo Disney Resort; ?. Disneyland Paris

• The Study of Wumbo

Re: Magic Kingdom movie

Whoa... What the what?
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Re: Magic Kingdom movie

Sounds very awesome!

Reminds me of Kingdom Keepers.