Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Batman 3 - The Dark Knight Rises

Still don't get why he chose not to have the Riddler as the main villain. Black Mask and Penguin and Killer Croc are pretty boring villains compared to the Joker or Riddler. Catwoman would be a good villain but I guess to me its kinda boring since the next Batman Video Game will feature Catwoman and have no clue how Nolan will really make her that much more interesting than she has been in other movies or video games

• Banned User

According to Dark Horizons | Movie Trailers, TV Guide, Movie Reviews, Celebrity Interviews, Entertainment News...
    Two big stories on "The Dark Knight" in the past week, and neither of them have proven to hold any weight - well, not yet anyway.

The first and most solid came from Deadline which says there are two major female roles in the film and the likes of Rachel Weisz, Naomi Watts, Blake Lively, Natalie Portman, Anne Hathaway and Keira Knightley have all been considered.

However like much of online entertainment news in the past few months, stories about actual deals have given way to stories about 'candidates', 'meetings' and 'offers' in order to score hits. None of these names are anywhere close to being in serious talks for a role, and there's no guarantee further names won't be added to the list or could come up later. We'll come back to this when there's something more concrete.

The second was a report that first emerged over at Collider. A source for the site claimed that the film is rumoured to be the first to employ a new type of smaller and quieter IMAX camera which would allow for the entire film to be shot in the jumbo screen format.

At last report, 'Rises' was to be shot like "The Dark Knight" was - namely only certain select sequences are being shot in IMAX with the rest on regular film. The main reasons for not shooting entirely in IMAX that had been previously stated by Nolan and Pfister included the cost, the camera size and the noise, the latter two make filming scenes (especially dialogue) in confined spaces impractical and limiting.

Nolan’s regular cinematographer Wally Pfister, who admittedly hasn't officially been hired for 'Rises' yet, has essentially denied the claim over the weekend. In an interview The Wrap (via Batman News) he re-iterated that the film will NOT be shot entirely in IMAX though they would love to shoot as much as possible in the format. He also added that despite press reports, the film likely won't be shooting in New Orleans.

• Shifting cargo

As for the possible leading ladies, I would prefer either Rachel Weis, Natalie Portman, or maybe even Naomi Watts. Blake Lively is not a very strong actress and her performance would taint Batman 3. Anne Hathaway in my opinion is not a very great actress either and since they're more mainstream actresses, I don't feel they'd fit.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Christian Bale recently disclosed that heís approaching his third Batman film, The Dark Knight Rises, as if it will be his last time playing the caped crusader on the big screen ó and the filmís director, Christopher Nolan, is taking the same view.

In an interview with EW, Nolan called The Dark Knight Rises ďthe last chapter of our Batman saga.Ē When the helmer was asked if any part of him wished he was tackling another original script instead of another Batman sequel in the wake of Inceptionís blockbuster grosses (over $820 million worldwide) and Oscar buzz, Nolan replied: ďNo, itís exactly the opposite. I feel very glad that Iím doing another Batman film. I think it would have been daunting to sit down and write an original script after Inception. I love working within the realm and rules of our Batman world. Itís kind of nice to have someplace to go that Iím super-excited about.Ē

He added that Inceptionís success allows him to tackle another Batman without any sense of needing to prove himself: ďI must say that Iím glad ó Iím very, very glad ó to be embarking on the last chapter of our Batman saga without any sense of obligation or duty to the studio. They did very well with Inception. So Iím able to go into finishing our story in a very enthusiastic way.Ē
    Christopher Nolan on his 'last' Batman movie, an 'Inception' videogame, and that spinning top | Inside Movies | EW.com
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Heath Ledger will not appear in The Dark Knight Rises. And we heard it from director Christopher Nolan himself.

At an awards season party last night for Inception, we asked the filmmaker about a report on a New Zealand website saying that Nolan and Warner Bros. were thinking of inserting unused footage of Ledger as the Joker into the movie. As with anything connected to Batman and Nolan, the rumor quickly spread around the globe.

But Nolan and his wife/producing partner Emma Thomas both swatted down the rumor to Heat Vision in a chat last night.

“I heard the rumor,” said Thomas. “We’re not doing that.”

Nolan also denied that Ledger would show up in the new film. The script isn’t even completed yet, he said, and Nolan believes that Ledger’s performance as the Joker should be contained to the 2008 movie.

Heath Ledger Will Not Appear in 'Dark Knight Rises' - Heat Vision
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by RedHandedJill View Post
    As for the possible leading ladies, I would prefer either Rachel Weis, Natalie Portman, or maybe even Naomi Watts. Blake Lively is not a very strong actress and her performance would taint Batman 3. Anne Hathaway in my opinion is not a very great actress either and since they're more mainstream actresses, I don't feel they'd fit.
    Depending on the part, Rebecca Hall was terrific opposite Bale in Nolan's' 'The Prestige'. Would love to see them re-teamed.

• Also cute and fluffy!

Quote Originally Posted by Slashfilm
    'The Dark Knight Rises' Story Revealed? Could it Use the 'Prey' Storyline?

Nothing like a good Batman rumor on a Saturday afternoon. This rumor, however, is one weíve been hearing for a while. In November, we ran a story speculating that Tom Hardy would be playing Dr. Hugo Strange, ďa genius, mad scientist who becomes obsessed with Batman, learns his secret identity and ends up dressing up like him,Ē in Christopher Nolanís The Dark Knight Rises. One of Strangeís most famous roles is in the Batman: Prey storyline, written by Doug Moench and drawn by Paul Gulacy and Terry Austin from late 1990 to early 1991. It begins with a task force, headed by Commissioner Gordon, assigned to hunt Batman and devolves into Dr. Strange dressing up as, and psychologically toying with, Batman and Bruce Wayne once he figures out his identity. Interesting. Doesnít Batman become a fugitive to be ďhuntedĒ at the end of The Dark Knight? Sounds like a good place to start.

Ainít It Cool News is the latest place to report the rumor that Prey is the story inspiration for The Dark Knight Rises but sites like Collider, Entertainment Weekly, and Total Film either ran a similar rumor, or just took a wild stab at it, weeks ago. (It seems like it originated over at a site called Scriptflags.)

However, some people have commented that itís almost too easy to just grab Prey and say itís The Dark Knight Rises and that ďitís not a particularly cinematic story,Ē according to Devin Faraci at Badass Digest. That might be true and the most recent AICN piece addresses that:

Iím fairly positive that this team is putting their own particular spin on it Ė but how many of you want to see a crazy ****ing Tom Hardy dressing up like Batman? I know I do.
    And thatís how Christopher and Jonathan Nolan, as well as David Goyer, have went with the last two Batman films. Neither have been straight adaptations of classic Batman stories. Each has picked and chosen from several classics like Year One, The Killing Joke and The Long Halloween, so the simple fact that Prey begins in a place that fits in perfectly with where The Dark Knight ends means itís a very safe bet to have some, even if itís not total, influence on the story. Plus, it does feature Catwoman in a minor capacity, which would lend itself to the casting rumors that Nolan is looking for another female lead.

Wikipedia has a pretty extensive and awesome rundown of Batman: Prey that you can check out and the Amazon page (where you can buy a copy of the out of print graphic novel for a cool $600 dollars) has a few as well. After reading them, all aspects of the story fit so well into Nolanís realistic universe that it almost feels like you are reading an official plot description.
    Source

Interesting news
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    Walt Disney

Thanks for everything, Walt!

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

Follow me on twitter! - pj_campbell

•   
    • Minion

I would love to see Harley Quinn with Killer Croc as her B villian.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Disney's Princess Mia, former Oscar nominee & upcoming Oscar co-host Anne Hathaway will now attempt to fill Michelle Pfeiffer's boots:

Anne Hathaway
    Cast as Catwoman in
    'Dark Knight Rises'

She will star opposite Christian Bale.

January

Anne Hathaway has nabbed the coveted female lead opposite Christian Bale in The Dark Knight Rises.

Warners made the announcement Wednesday morning.

The studio also revealed which character Tom Hardy, who joined the cast last fall, will play: Bane.

“I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies,” Nolan said in a statement.

Hathaway was on the the list of actresses which tested for the role in recent weeks, along with Jessica Biel and Keira Knightley, as revealed by Heat Vision.
    The test involved Christian Bale, who had to leave his National Board of Review in New York dinner early so he could catch a flight back to LA. to conduct.

The announcement didn’t actually name Hathaway’s character as Catwoman, which keeps in line with Nolan’s more grounded approach to the movie series.

Michelle Pfeiffer starred as Kyle/Catwoman in Tim Burton’s Batman Returns.
    The character, as interpreted by Burton, was a meek secretary who becomes empowered after she is almost killed and left for dead.

Pfeiffer played her with a mix of repression and sensuality, with the character breaking out as a symbol of female empowerment and becoming a pop culture sensation.

In his interpretation, Nolan has been giving his characters a deeper and darker psychological edge.

Nolan an his team of writers (he wrote the screenplay with his brother Jonathan Nolan, from a story by Nolan and David S. Goyer) have taken some inspiration for their take on Batman from the classic Batman: Year One storyline by Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli, by way of asking, “What if the story continued?”

The Catwoman in Year One was a prostitute-dominatrix who helps Batman even as he inadvertently inspires her to don a costume and embark on a life of crime.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/heat-vision/anne-hathaway-cast-catwoman-dark-73418

• Circle of Ancients

Anne Hathaway ... Me Likey!!!!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Multiple villains always worry me. It is just not done well all that often, but Nolan has pulled it off twice in a row now, so I hope he can do it again.

• Disneyland PAP

This casting news makes me think about what Christopher Nolan's doing with Catwoman and Bane. He (along with David Goyer) have already re-interpreted Ra's al Ghul from how we'd previously known him in the comic books to fit the needs of his story, and comic fans accepted it. And then, he's knocked two grand slams with his versions of The Joker and Two-Face. So now that he's confirmed two new characters for Rises, I'm wondering now how will he change them to fit into his very concise Batman universe. For example, will Selina Kyle even become Catwoman? And if she does, will it be a Catwoman we've ever seen before, or more subtle, i.e. no skintight catsuit? For you fellow comic book readers, remember how Tim Burton's re-design of Catwoman influenced her character in the comics afterwards? I see a potential for the same thing to happen here with whatever scheming Nolan's clever brain comes up with for her character.

And Bane. Are non-comic book fans, and us regular comic readers too for that matter, really gonna believe a man can go through a Hulk-like transformation in Christopher Nolan's Batman world? I honestly don't think so. Again, I think he's gonna change that character's origin, motives and appearance significantly and frankly, I'm excited about that possibility.

• King of Los Angeles

Ever heard of HGH? Bane is a pretty real scientific possibility. He's got a chemical addiction and mass. That wouldn't be too hard to pull of in Nolan's bat-world.

• Rrrrreecite!

I'm really excited to see Nolan's real world take on Selina's character. Same with Bane- Fearless, Jacked up on drugs, Criminal crazy! If Anne channels some of her "Rachel Getting Married" performance and really gets dirty with it...she should be phenomenal (again if Nolan and Goyer take the character in that direction). Tom Hardy will do an amazing job.

• MC State Comptroller

I am happy with the casting of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman. I think she can bring out the realism of the character to suit the needs of Nolan's Batman Universe.

I like Tom Hardy, but have a difficult time seeing him as Bane. In the comics Bane is a huge, roided strong man. Hardy can very easily play the characters smarts and strategic mind, but unless they are going to abandon the "Venom" part of Bane, he just doesn't have the size to portray Bane.

I am a little upset because there has not been a Penguin villain. People constantly minimize the Penguin as a villain but where the Joker and Riddler were psycho's, the Penguin was a criminal mastermind (not denying the importance and brilliance of the Joker or Riddler) who Batman could easily beat the tar out of, but always had difficulty outwitting. Penguin was a master tactician (at least in the comics) and could manipulate even the Joker to do what needed to be done. I would've loved to seen Nolan's take on the Penguin as an arms dealer who grew up in the same circles as Bruce Wayne.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast