Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Disneyland PAP

Re: Batman 3 - The Dark Knight Rises

I've never read Prey, but if I end up finding it at my comic shop on a future visit, I may bite.

I've never read any recent Hugo Strange stories. I've only read his first appearance and this collected set of stories from the late 70's. Both are great! I was just thumbing through my copy of Batman Archives, Volume 1, and remembered it's a great collection; the first 24 adventures of Batman from Detective Comics from 1939 and 1940, starting with his comic book debut with Commissioner Gordon and on into first appearances of The Joker, Hugo Strange, the Cat (later to become Catwoman), Robin the Boy Wonder and Clayface.

• Banned User

On the subject of Catwoman - I always thought Janet would make a good Catwoman.

Photos from the 20 Y.O. album photo session shot by Markus Klinko & Indrani
    Last edited by JMora; 01-30-2011 at 12:37 AM.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JMora View Post
    Ready for this?

Who's Hugo Strange?

fan-made poster
    3 Villains!!!! Dear god.....and does Mr Nolan not play video games...it seems to me this is going the same way as Arkham asylum 2.....Batman is being chased by the police with Hugo Stangers help, while Catwoman and Batman fight/team up and Bane fights Batman........just seems like he should have used other characters since we are going to see the same plot (but most likely better) on a video game a year earlier.

• Banned User

What we knew but he's up for Batman 4
    Christian Bale Talks Dark Knight Rises
    It's his farewell to the Bat...probably

21 January 2011 | Source: Exclusive

This may not come as a huge surprise but it does come straight from the horse's mouth: Christian Bale, talking to Empire last month, said that The Dark Knight Rises will be his last Batman movie...probably.

"All I know is the likelihood that this will be the last one," says the star. "Well, I wouldn't say definitely. If Chris goes, 'Hey, I've got another story I think could be interesting,' then yeah, great, I'd go do that. I always assumed it would be three, but I could be wrong. I don't know if there's something wrong with me, but I don't feel any pressure."

Nolan's on record as saying that the next film will be the last chapter in his Batman franchise, so we're going to assume that's it, but hey! It's nice that Bale isn't locking anything out.

It's clear throughout our interview that he and Christopher Nolan continue to enjoy a great relationship, and also that Bale's looking forward to the new members of the gang.
    "[Tom Hardy] seems like he's balls-out, doesn't he? Like he really goes for it. He looked like a guy that was happy to go to extremes, to really push it. Looks like he could go the distance..."

• Banned User

I think Hathaway is a HUUUUUGGGGEEEEE mistake. I'm sorry, but Catwoman is supposed to have some ounce of sexiness. She's a good actress. She's certainly turned her career around from the Princess movies she was doing, but she is NOT a Catwoman.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JMora View Post
    What we knew but he's up for Batman 4
    I mean if they do a new Batman after this next one...will it follow the same formula? Or will it change back into just another Super Hero movie.......
    though one day it would be cool to See Batman Beyond and make it more of a "super hero" type movie since he can fly, uses a power suit, etc.

• Infinitized!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Or another villain (rumored Riddler). Why do I get the feeling it might become a Spider-Man 3? =(

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^don't worry they'll make sure to add Batwoman and Robin to even out the Villains and Heroes

• Banned User

He fits the look...

As with most Dark Knight Rises stories, it’s necessary to repeat this up front: what follows is a rumor. Something fun to discuss and speculate about on the off chance it’s true. This rumor is particularly fishy because it comes from an “anonymous source” which could mean anything from “Christopher Nolan’s assistant” to “Batman fan living in Poughkeepsie, New York.”

The latest rumor is that Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who we know has been cast in the film, will be portraying Alberto Falcone, the son of former mob boss Carmine Falcone (Tom Wilkinson), a major villain in Batman Begins. This makes infinitely more sense than previous rumors that Gordon-Levitt would play The Riddler or Robin because it fits so well with Christopher Nolan‘s trilogy. Falcone is related to a character mentioned in the previous two films and he’s also rumored to be Holiday, the main villain in one of Nolan’s favorite and most referenced Batman stories: The Long Halloween.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I was hoping, myself, for Harley Quinn at least as a bit part, not to carry the picture, but give some closure to the Joker thing...show he had a bit of influence (and because her character would be more outright deranged and sexy, I'll admit) and get some of that chaos atmosphere into the 3rd film. I trust Nolan though, and even if am kind of meh on announced villains, think he must have very solid ideas and reasons for choosing the selected characters and actors.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Marion Cotillard 'in Discussions' to Join 'Dark Knight Rises'

Marion Cotillard may join the cast of The Dark Knight Rises.

A rep for the actress in Paris said that her involvement in the film is currently "in discussions, but nothing has been confirmed yet." WB France has yet to comment.

The actress, who is pregnant and due in the spring, is discussing scheduling issues.

The plan is for Cotillard to start shooting mid-June in London, film all summer in L.A. and Pittsburgh and wrap mid-November in New York.

The French actress' name has arisen before in connection with the Warner Bros. movie, which will be directed by her Inception helmer Christopher Nolan.

Nolan had been focusing on finding the romantic lead for Christian Bale in recent weeks, reading and meeting with several actresses, including Kate Winslet, Rachel Weisz and Naomi Watts, according to insiders.

While Anne Hathaway is cast as Catwoman, the other female role is suspected to be that of Thalia Al Ghul, the daughter of the villain played by Liam Neeson in Nolan's first movie, Batman Begins.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/marion-cotillard-discussions-join-dark-99242
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Until there is some actual production news...

There’s a rumor that a recent Oscar host is going to play Catwoman. Waiting by my phone for the call.

Doing a sit-up in preparation for my Catwoman role.

Preparing for Catwoman role by leaping off roof into shrub. On third try, I managed to hit the shrub.

Steve Martin (SteveMartinToGo) on Twitter
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Gordon-Levitt Confirmed,

Temple in Talks for Dark Knight Rises

Variety reports that Joseph Gordon-Levitt has been confirmed as Alberto Falcone in Christopher Nolan's THE DARK KNIGHT RISES. Gordon-Levitt's character is the son of the BATMAN BEGINS character Carmine Falcone, who was played by Tom Wilkinson. In the comics, Alberto is the chief suspect for the Holiday Killer murders, a series of murders that occur on holidays.

Additionally, Juno Temple (Paul W.S. Anderson's upcoming THE THREE MUSKETEERS) is in talks to play a street-smart Gotham girl. Let the speculation on who that could be begin.

Warner Bros. has set July 20, 2012 for the film's release.
    Gordon-Levitt Confirmed, Temple in Talks for Dark Knight Rises | AWN | Animation World Network

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Why Christopher Nolan Is Shooting
    'Dark Knight Rises' in Pittsburgh

"We have been able to find everything we were looking for here,” says director Christopher Nolan.

The Dark Knight Rises, the third installment in Christopher Nolan's Batman franchise starring Christian Bale, is shooting in Pittsburgh.

"Pittsburgh is a beautiful city," Nolan says in a statement. "We have been able to find everything we were looking for here, and I am excited to spend the summer in Pittsburgh with our final installment of Batman."

Nolan has already met with representatives of Mayor Luke Ravenstahl, who tells the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: “We are thrilled to be welcoming the Batman film to Pittsburgh, and eager for the economic impact that our city will experience. This is another example of the growing film industry in our community, and we will be rolling out the red carpet for them."

The Warner Bros. production could shoot in Pittsburgh for four to six weeks, shooting mostly downtown.

Said Dawn Keezer, the director of the Pittsburgh Film Office: "They're still nailing down actual locations but what they really fell in love with was the diversity of architecture and the gorgeous buildings that we still have in Downtown Pittsburgh and the surrounding areas."

Why Christopher Nolan Is Shooting 'Dark Knight Rises' in Pittsburgh - The Hollywood Reporter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast