Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

• Infinitized!

Re: Batman 3 - The Dark Knight Rises

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Why Christopher Nolan Is Shooting

'Dark Knight Rises' in Pittsburgh

"We have been able to find everything we were looking for here,” says director Christopher Nolan.
    Baloney! It's because Michael Bay blew-up Chicago while filming Transformers 3.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Josh Pence, who played opposite Armie Hammer as Tyler Winklevoss in The Social Network (where Hammer's face was superimposed on his), has been cast as a young Ra's Al Ghul in Dark Knight Rises, Christopher Nolan's new Batman movie.

The movie's casting has been ultra-secret, although Christian Bale, Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman are returning to lead a caped crusading cast, which includes Anne Hathaway, Tom Hardy, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Marion Cotillard.

The story line has also been kept locked up in the Batcave but Pence's casting throws more than a few crumbs to follow. Ra's Al Ghul was played by Liam Neeson in Batman Begins, thus paving the way for a possible return of the supposedly dead character.

Also, while the studio never confirmed Cotillard's character, it has been rumored to be that of Talia Al Ghul, the daughter of Batman's mentor-turned-enemy.

Sources say Pence will appear in scenes that take place 30 years prior to the present story.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/social-network-actor-lands-role-176577
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Sock Puppet

so thats a really. interesting!

so do you think theres flashback in movie?

(I'm sorry before its read that the english isnt best)

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^could be the start up scene...The Dark Knight started with the Joker not Batman so it might start as a flashback and then say 30 years later..and show Batman kicking some butt.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

All of this news about villains has me very concerned. It seems to be history repeating itself where, after two good superhero films the third becomes this mess of marketing where they try to throw in way too many villains that prevent a good, solid, strong story from developing. But, that all said, it could also be that The Dark Knight Rises is a take on the famous Bane story and Batman being assaulted by the whole rogues gallery is in that story.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Nestor Carbonell looks to be returning to Gotham City. Variety reports that the actor is set to reprise his role as the city's Mayor Garcia in the conclusion to Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy.

The Dark Knight Rises will begin production shortly in Pittsburgh and is set to feature the return of Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, and Morgan Freeman as well, along with roles for Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Juno Temple, Josh Pence, Daniel Sunjata, Diego Klattenhoff and Burn Gorman. It is set for release on July 20, 2012.

Read more: Nestor Carbonell Joins The Dark Knight Rises - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=76513#ixzz1JizgaQn5
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    All of this news about villains has me very concerned. It seems to be history repeating itself where, after two good superhero films the third becomes this mess of marketing where they try to throw in way too many villains that prevent a good, solid, strong story from developing. But, that all said, it could also be that The Dark Knight Rises is a take on the famous Bane story and Batman being assaulted by the whole rogues gallery is in that story.
    Point taken. But I think, fortunately, there's a clear difference in this case. While Sony and perhaps Marvel, for example, strongly influenced Sam Raimi's choices of villains for Spider-Man 3, I strongly believe that Warner Bros is giving Christopher Nolan a "hands off" policy, meaning with the box office returns he's generated for WB from Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and Inception, WB has given him the keys to the Batmobile and let him be the auteur he wants to be. It is…"interesting" I'll say to see many comic book villains being named among the casting, but as a big fan on his take of The Batman, I willing to give Nolan the benefit of any doubts and see what he brings to the table come Summer 2012. I guess it's a glass half full point of view.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    It all depends on how he uses them really.....I am kinda like you thinking they're are WAY too many characters in this movie but as long as the story is good then I'm sure it will be a fun ride.....I just expect this one to be as good as the first two.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Marion Cotillard and Joseph Gordon-Levitt Confirmed for 'Dark Knight Rises'

The two have been in various stages of negotiations
    for months.

Warner Bros confirmed today that Marion Cotillard and Joseph Gordon-Levitt have joined the cast of The Dark Knight Rises, which is being billed as the “conclusion of the Dark Knight legend,” meaning the end of Christopher Nolan’s run on the Batman movies.

The two have been in various stages of negotiations for months, with much speculation on who the two are playing.

The studio said Cotillard will play as Miranda Tate, a Wayne Enterprises board member eager to help a still-grieving Bruce Wayne resume his father’s philanthropic endeavors for Gotham.

Gordon-Levitt will play John Blake, a Gotham City beat cop assigned to special duty under the command of Commissioner Gordon.

Both worked with Nolan on Inception.

“When you collaborate with people as talented as Marion and Joe, it comes as no surprise that you would want to repeat the experience. I immediately thought of them for the roles of Miranda and Blake, and I am looking forward to working with both of them again,” Nolan said in a statement.
    Marion Cotillard and Joseph Gordon-Levitt Confirmed for 'Dark Knight Rises' - The Hollywood Reporter

• Is a crazeh cat

CMON GUYS!!! LETS GET EXCITED!!!

Filming officially started in India on May 6th with Christian Bale and Josh Pence seen on set and there was a hole in the ground filled with green screen material which is being rumoured to be the 'Lazarus Pit' which fits in with the Ra's Al Ghul storyline.

Also helicopters were seen flying around with Imax Camera's rigged (probably for wide aerial shots). Also a bald headed boy was seen being filmed (Possibly a young Bane??).

That's awesome! I'm so excited. This is the movie I'm most looking forward to!
    [SIZE="4"]Save the Disneyland Hotel Waterfalls

• Banned User

Batman 3 set in India...

An oval-ish structure with a greenscreen that fans have been speculating may be the Lazarus Pit.

from far away...

The Lazarus Pit as describe in the comics:

The Lazarus Pit is mythical vats of arcane chemicals in the DC comics universe. The most common user of the pit is Ra’s al Ghul. Ra’s al Ghul accidentally discovered the first Lazarus Pit as a cure for the dying son of a sultan he worked for. The Pit had a terrible side effect, however; it turned the Prince temporarily insane, leading to him killing the doctor’s wife. After being blamed for the murder, the man who would become Ra’s Al Ghul was buried in the desert. He was rescued by a tribe and a boy named Huew. After this he used the Lazarus Pit to save himself, and vowed to avenge his wife. The doctor gave himself the title Ra’s al Ghul – The Demon’s Head.
    Source:http://www.metro.co.uk/film/862732-t...-leaked-online

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

PRODUCTION BEGINS ON
    "THE DARK KNIGHT RISES"

Filming will take place on three continents, with an all-star cast working under the direction of Christopher Nolan.

BURBANK, CA, May 19, 2011 – Principal photography has begun on Warner Bros. Pictures' and Legendary Pictures' "The Dark Knight Rises," the epic conclusion to filmmaker Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy.

Leading an all-star international cast, Oscar® winner Christian Bale ("The Fighter") again plays the dual role of Bruce Wayne/Batman.

The film also stars Anne Hathaway, as Selina Kyle; Tom Hardy, as Bane; Oscar® winner Marion Cotillard ("La Vie en Rose"), as Miranda Tate; and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, as John Blake.

Returning to the main cast, Oscar® winner Michael Caine ("The Cider House Rules") plays Alfred; Gary Oldman is Commissioner Gordon; and Oscar® winner Morgan Freeman ("Million Dollar Baby") reprises the role of Lucius Fox.

In helming "The Dark Knight Rises," Christopher Nolan is utilizing IMAX® cameras even more extensively than he did on "The Dark Knight," which had marked the first time ever that a major feature film was partially shot with IMAX® cameras. The results were so spectacular that the director wanted to expand the use of the large-format cameras for this film.

The screenplay for "The Dark Knight Rises" is written by Christopher Nolan and Jonathan Nolan, story by Christopher Nolan & David S. Goyer. The film is being produced by Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Charles Roven, who previously teamed on "Batman Begins" and the record-breaking blockbuster "The Dark Knight." The executive producers are Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan, Kevin De La Noy and Thomas Tull, with Jordan Goldberg serving as co-producer. "The Dark Knight" is based upon characters appearing in comic books published by DC Comics. Batman was created by Bob Kane.

Behind the scenes, "The Dark Knight Rises" reunites the director with several of his longtime collaborators, all of whom worked together on the "The Dark Knight." The creative team includes director of photography Wally Pfister, who recently won an Oscar® for his work on Nolan's "Inception"; production designer Nathan Crowley; editor Lee Smith; and Oscar®-winning costume designer Lindy Hemming ("Topsy-Turvy"). In addition, Paul Franklin and Chris Corbould, who both won Oscars® for the effects in "Inception," will supervise the visual and special effects, respectively. The music will be composed by Oscar® winner Hans Zimmer ("The Lion King").

The locations for "The Dark Knight Rises" span three continents and include the American cities of Pittsburgh, New York and Los Angeles, as well as sites in India, England and Scotland.

"The Dark Knight Rises" is a presentation of Warner Bros. Pictures, in association with Legendary Pictures. Slated for release on July 20, 2012, the film will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

• Greetings, Program!

I have faith. This will kick as much ayss as the last flick. Chris Nolan will bring it.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Infinitized!

First official photo...

Guess who?

BANE!

I wanna know what fitness regime Tom Hardy's been on, but actors have it easy. They get paid to go the gym.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast