Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Batman 3 - The Dark Knight Rises

I just think the villains are the main problem with the film.......Bane is cool and all but..........Riddler is MUCH more liked and we ave seen Catwoman in another film, (and a crappy spin off) and the ne Batman Arkym City has her too, really rather had seen him use Riddler and Bane instead (Brain and the Muscle)

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I just saw the teaser trailer yesterday with Harry Potter and I am really looking forward to this! I hope that they stay true to the Catwoman's real origins as a "working girl" turned femme-fatale for Batman. And Bane looks awesome!

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by JMora View Post
    The bootleg version is officially online on youtube!
    Gotta link? I can't seem to find it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Gotta link? I can't seem to find it.
    You have a private message =)

• Banned User

Another Dark Knight Rises trailer debuts TOMORROW online, with footage of Catwoman?
    The Dark Knight Rises Trailer Coming Monday

July 16, 2011

Warner Bros. has opted to let The Dark Knight Rises trailer remain a theatrical exclusive in front of the final Harry Potter through the weekend. The official high definition version of the trailer will appear sometime on Monday, July 18.

The date has been reported by multiple outlets who were contact by Warner Bros. legal team to remove a bootlegged version of The Dark Knight Rises trailer that began circulating online several days ago. Lawyers have been scrambling since it first appeared to remove all mirrored instances, and continue to scramble through the weekend to complete a task comparable to stopping a spreading virus.

Many people have seen The Dark Knight Rises trailer in front of Harry Potter already with mixed reactions. It's a "teaser" in the true sense of the word with very few new images. Anne Hathaway as Catwoman is absent, though previously revealed Bane is given a couple split-seconds of face time.

The biggest gripe amongst fans is the trailer's voiceover by a wounded Commissioner Gordon (Gary Oldman). I've read multiple comments attacking the dialogue as being "too simplistic" to have come from Christopher Nolan. This point was one of the main reasons many thought the first descriptive leak of the trailer was false.

As far as Nolan Batman trailers go this will prove to be one of, if not the most unmemorable. I suspect the next trailer will deliver the goods fans were impatiently and unrealistically expecting this early one to.

For more on The Dark Knight Rises, check out our story about filming at Heinz Field and photos of the Tumbler showing up on the streets of Pittsburgh.

• Infinitized!

Did get to see one of the leaked copies of the trailer. Too dark on my screen, so I'll just wait until tomorrow to view a nice HD version of it before I express my opinion.

• Banned User

The Dark Knight Rises official TEASER trailer in true HD
    Last edited by JMora; 07-18-2011 at 02:29 PM.

• Banned User

Anyone live near Carnegie Mellon University; 5000 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA?
    Carnegie Mellon will once again play host to Hollywood, when several scenes for a major motion picture by Warner Brothers currently using the working title ‘Magnus Rex,’ are filmed outside of the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) in late July, and inside and outside of the Mellon Institute in early August. Carnegie Mellon is working closely with the production company to ensure that the university and its students, faculty and staff will benefit from the movie-making experience with minimal disruption to normal operations.

(MINOR SPOILER ALERT)
    Spoiler
    Magnus Rex” is the fake working title for the production of “The Dark Knight Rises.”
    The scenes will be filmed late July on Saturday and Sunday, July 30-31 at SEI and outside of Mellon Institute. Certain scenes inside of the Mellon Institute’s fourth-floor entrance lobby on Wednesday and Thursday, August 3-4.

The school also described the scenes taking place during the shooting as a warning for students and staff in the area. The locations at Carnegie Mellon the Software Engineering Institute.

For SEI, the building will be portrayed as a prison. The scene will include “an explosion, a prison break, precision stunt driving, gunfire, atmospheric smoke, and controlled pyrotechnic explosions.”

At the Mellon Institute, the school site’s described it as “a standoff between two rivals that escalates into a riot. One character drives a motorcycle through the fourth floor lobby, out the front doors and down the steps onto Fifth Avenue. Special effects include precision stunt driving, gunfire and atmospheric smoke.

Hollywood Comes to CMU

Carnegie Mellon will once again play host to Hollywood, when several scenes for a major motion picture by Warner Bros., currently using the working title “Magnus Rex,” are filmed outside of the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) in late July, and inside and outside of the Mellon Institute in early August. Carnegie Mellon is working closely with the production company to ensure that the university and its students, faculty and staff will benefit from the movie-making experience with minimal disruption to normal operations.

Here's the skinny on the filming dates, and parking and traffic restrictions.
    Where and When

Scenes will be filmed outside the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at the intersection of Dithridge and Henry streets from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, July 30-31.

Scenes will be filmed outside of the Mellon Institute on the Fifth Ave. side from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., Sunday, July 31, and inside of the Mellon Institute's fourth-floor entrance lobby on Wednesday and Thursday, Aug. 3-4.

Prep work for the filming will be taking place in both locations beginning July 11.

LOGISTICAL INFORMATION

SEI and Mellon Institute Operations

The SEI will be open during the filming on July 30-31, but few employees should be affected since it takes place on the weekend.

The Mellon Institute will be open for business during filming on Aug. 3-4 although some areas will be closed to employees and the public, including the fourth-floor entrance lobby off of Fifth Ave., fourth floor elevator lobby and library. There will be no access to the building from the Fifth Ave. entrance from July 29 - Aug. 8, and employees are asked to use another entrance on these days.

SEI loading dock deliveries will be suspended from Friday, July 29 through Monday, Aug. 1.

Other Buildings in Filming Area

Tenants in the following Carnegie Mellon buildings may also be affected by the filming activities in the area. Please see below for parking and street closure information.

• Shirly Apartments
    • Bristol Apartments
    • 319 Craig St. (Human Resources)
    • 300 Craig St. (University Police)
    • Technology Development Center

Dithridge Street Parking Garage

The Dithridge Street parking garage will be closed from the evening of Friday, July 29 through early morning Monday Aug. 1 only. Leaseholders will be able to access the garage on all other days regardless of traffic restrictions.

Traffic Restrictions

During set construction and filming, some area streets will be either closed to traffic or closed to traffic intermittently.

Street Closings:

• Henry St. from Dithridge St. to Utica Way from 5 a.m., Monday, July 11 through 10 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 9
    • Dithridge from Fifth Ave. to Winthrop St. from 5 a.m., Monday, July 25 through 10 p.m., Friday, Aug. 5.
    • Bigelow Blvd. from Fifth to Forbes avenues from 8 p.m., Thursday, July 28 through 10 p.m., Friday, Aug. 5.
    • Utica Way from Henry to Winthrop from 7 a.m., Friday, July 29 through 10 p.m., Sunday, July 31.
    • Henry St. from Utica Way to Craig St. from 5 a.m., Friday, July 29 through 5 a.m., Monday, Aug. 1.
    • Fifth Ave. from Bellefield St. to Craig from 5 a.m., Saturday, July 30 through 5 a.m., Monday, Aug. 1.
    • Dithridge from Bayard St. to Fifth (except for local access) from 5 a.m., Saturday, July 30 through 10 p.m., Sunday, July 31

Intermittent Delays:
    Saturday and Sunday, July 30-31

• Dithridge from Bayard to Forbes
    • Fillmore St. from Bellefield to Craig
    • Winthrop from Bellefield to Craig
    • The intersection of Fifth and Bellefield
    • The intersection of Forbes and Craig
    • The intersection of Fifth and Craig

Wednesday and Thursday, Aug. 3-4

• The intersection of Fifth and Bellefield
    • The intersection of Fifth and Dithridge

Source: Hollywood Comes to CMU - Carnegie Mellon University
    Last edited by JMora; 07-18-2011 at 02:27 PM.

I wish I lived near Pittsburgh, but all I have is a friend of mine who's an electrician who's worked on a fair few movies (Super 8, Love and Other Drugs, Last Three Days). He sent me a photo yesterday of the Bat-Tumbler in brighter colors, almost as it was in Batman Begins before it got the all-black paint job. He didn't officially confirm that he's working on the movie, but I have to assume he is (the Bat-Tumbler was clearly in a warehouse of some kind, based on the background). Very exciting times.
    Check out the Mousterpiece Cinema podcast on iTunes, on Twitter, on Facebook, or on the show's blog!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mousterpiece View Post
    I wish I lived near Pittsburgh, but all I have is a friend of mine who's an electrician who's worked on a fair few movies (Super 8, Love and Other Drugs, Last Three Days). He sent me a photo yesterday of the Bat-Tumbler in brighter colors, almost as it was in Batman Begins before it got the all-black paint job. He didn't officially confirm that he's working on the movie, but I have to assume he is (the Bat-Tumbler was clearly in a warehouse of some kind, based on the background). Very exciting times.
    This was just the other day...

While the return of the Batpod was hinted at in the recent Carnegie Mellon scene description, news that the Tumbler is more of a surprise – given the amount of damage inflicted on the vehicle in The Dark Knight, then again that's what repair shops are for, right? =}

Yeah, when I saw it, I was a bit confused. But then, he IS Bruce Wayne. He's got to have enough money to make more than one of those babies.
    Check out the Mousterpiece Cinema podcast on iTunes, on Twitter, on Facebook, or on the show's blog!

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by jmora View Post
    the dark knight rises official teaser trailer in true hd

yyyyyyyesssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Banned User

Here's the TEASER once again, the previous one had been pulled which makes no sense because it's still available on Facebook...

Why is Christian Bale's voice (he's the one sitting in the hospital, with his back towards us) already to start annoy me? LOL

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Just that little snippet of Gordon speaking gave me a few goosebumps. This is going to be EPIC!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Banned User

Batman related and on the LOL file, would you believe this is a real statue in Rome.

---------- Post added 07-19-2011 at 02:17 PM ----------

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast