Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Re: Batman 3 - The Dark Knight Rises

Love that rejiggered poster. Very cool!
    Check out the Mousterpiece Cinema podcast on iTunes, on Twitter, on Facebook, or on the show's blog!

• Banned User

Closer observation...
    The first voice you hear in the teaser belongs to Liam Neeson, with dialogue from the opening sequence of "Batman Begins" (and also the trailer for that first movie). Neeson's character, Ra's al Ghul, told Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) when he was locked in a foreign prison, "If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal... then you become something else entirely. A legend."
    A shot from 'Batman Begins'

This is played over shots from "Batman Begins," which not only ties this movie back to the first, but also lends credence to Variety's report that Neeson will be back as Ra's al Ghul in the next movie. But whether he will appear in flashbacks or if he somehow cheated death is still unknown.
    The trailer then shows a clip from the final shot of "The Dark Knight," with Batman speeding off on the Batpod. The second movie, of course, ended with him on the run from the police after he took the blame for Harvey "Two-Face" Dent's crimes to protect his late friend's reputation.
    The final scene of 'The Dark Knight'

Then we get into new footage. Commissioner Gordon, played again by Gary Oldman, is in a hospital bed with an oxygen mask he's pulled down to speak. We're looking over Bruce Wayne's shoulder, and we don't see his face but we do hear him speak. Gordon says, "We were in this together, and then you were gone."
    Commissioner Gordon (Gary Oldman)

As Gordon says, "And now this evil, rising," we see a figure scaling the well Bruce Wayne fell down when he was a child that first instilled him with the fear of bats. The well later led Bruce down to where he set up his Batcave.
    Climbing up the well

Gordon tells Bruce, "The Batman has to come back," to which he responds, "What if he doesn't exist anymore?" Then we get a quick, shaky shot of a bearded, shirtless man doing push-ups in what looks to be a jail cell. You can't really make out his face, but it looks like it might be Tom Hardy, who plays the movie's villain, Bane. In the comics, Bane was raised in prison and subjected to an experimental drug called Venom which gave him incredible strength.
    Push-ups in prison

Gordon tells Bruce that Batman must come back, and we get a clear reveal of Bane, who wears a creepy mask that may be supplying him with Venom. Hardy previously worked with director Christopher Nolan in last year's "Inception" where he played Eames, the "forger" who could appear to be other people in dreams. But with his shaved head, bulky physique, and intimidating mask, Hardy is completely unrecognizable.
    Bane (Tom Hardy) is revealed

And speaking of unrecognizable, we're left with the final shot of the trailer with Batman facing off with Bane and that mysterious person in the back. Batman looks damp, out of breath, and a little unsteady on his feet as Bane comes lumbering at him. Behind him, an out-of-focus figure stands on a catwalk ("Cat"-walk? Could that be a clue?) From that distance, it's hard to make out if it's a man or a woman. While Anne Hathaway is notably excluded from the footage of the trailer, so are other new cast additions Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Marion Cotillard (who were also in "Inception"). Might one of them be observing the big brawl? At this point, it's just too early to say.
    Batman takes on Bane as someone watches (look in the background)

Obviously, speculation about this and most every other aspect of the movie will run rampant over the next year. But as Christopher Nolan has proven over the past several years, he's very particular about what details get out about his movies. For now, we'll just have to wait. "The Dark Knight Rises" will swoop into theaters on July 20, 2012.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

The 'Dark Knight' descends on Pittsburgh

There's no more hiding Gotham City in Pittsburgh.

Filmmakers on Thursday finally threw off the transparent veil of "Magnus Rex" -- the code name they used for prep work on the latest Batman movie -- and announced they would begin filming for "The Dark Knight Rises" today.

Gov. Tom Corbett, Mayor Luke Ravenstahl and Allegheny County Executive Dan Onorato, all clad in suits, welcomed the filmmakers, including director Christopher Nolan and the Dark Knight himself, Christian Bale.

Bale, dressed in blue Addidas sneakers, a blue shirt with sunglasses folded around the neck and a track jacket, spoke for less than a minute at the 20-minute news conference.

He said he'd be fighting in the streets during filming but added he and filmmakers will "try to stay out of your hair as much as possible."

He and Nolan took no questions during the news conference.

"I've never been to Pittsburgh before, (but I've) had friends who filmed here before, and all had good experiences," Bale told the Tribune-Review later. "Hopefully, we'll leave the city as we found it."

That would be after a month of filming that a schedule warns will include explosions, gunfire and fake snow.

Shooting is set for Downtown, in Oakland near Carnegie Mellon University and in Heinz Field. Filmmakers plan to blast pyrotechnics, cover streets with snow and hire police to staff barricades and control traffic.

"This film is a global phenomenon, and for the next month, the spotlight is going to be shining on us," said Dawn Keezer, director of the Pittsburgh Film Office.

Batman fans will likely have to wait until the movie hits the silver screen to catch most of the action, because the set is closed to the public.

Nolan apologized in advance for the disruptions filming will cause, including closing streets, rerouting bus traffic and displacing residents of Carlyle Condominiums, Downtown. He said such disruptions will be necessary to make the movie's action credible on screen.

"The people of Pittsburgh should be proud today as we celebrate another film production that will once again shine the spotlight on our most livable city," Ravenstahl said.

Nolan noted cooperation he encountered in the city, businesses and the community. He named the beautiful architecture among the reasons the city was chosen as a backdrop for the film.

"The vibrancy of the city, the positive feeling that you have when you come here ... it's incredibly impressive, and it is very exciting to me to be filming here, to be filming in the streets of downtown Pittsburgh for the next month," Nolan said.

Elected officials were glad the filmmakers are bringing jobs and revenue to restaurants, hotels and other small businesses.

Onorato and Corbett discussed the importance of the state's controversial film tax credit in bringing movie production to the region. "The Dark Knight Rises" will not get the tax credit because it will not spend the required 60 percent of a film's total production budget in the state.

Filming also was set for India, the U.K. and cities such as New York and Los Angeles.

Though there is no estimate available for how much "The Dark Knight Rises" will bring to Pittsburgh, the Film Office says it has brought more than $560 million to Southwestern Pennsylvania since 1990. This is the 103rd film the office has supported in that time.
    photos & video at:
    The 'Dark Knight' descends on Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

---------- Post added 07-29-2011 at 01:37 PM ----------

Batman's on-campus orientation top-secret

It's no secret that the caped crusader is going off to college with scenes from the new Batman flick, "The Dark Knight Rises," being shot at Carnegie Mellon University beginning Saturday.

What is being kept under wraps are any other details about his crash course in on-location moviemaking.
    The question I posed to CMU and Warner Bros. officials this week was simple: Is Batman properly prepared for the collegiate lifestyle?

CMU referred comment to the studio, which politely declined to address the issue. "Really sorry, but I can't comment on anything regarding the filming or otherwise," publicist Claudia Kalindjian wrote in an e-mail.

Why the Kremlin-like revulsion of disclosure?

I believe the answer can be found in the orientation booklet prepared for CMU's 1,435 incoming freshmen. Not a single paragraph in its 42 pages covers superhero-specific matters.

That's not good, because a famous superhero's arrival on campus is imminent.

I believe that at this very moment, CMU officials are working frantically on an orientation communique to be dispatched to the Dark Knight before his arrival tomorrow. It probably will be similar to the following:

Read more: Batman's on-campus orientation top-secret - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review Batman's on-campus orientation top-secret - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
    Last edited by ALIASd; 07-29-2011 at 12:39 PM.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Banned User

For Batman fans

So, not only do I have that electrician friend working on the movie, but it turns out one of my buddies from elementary school has a part in the movie! All I know is he's playing some equipment manager in whatever scene is being shot at Heinz Field (and he doesn't know if he has a speaking part or not), but he's already been fitted for his costume. This is unreal.
    Check out the Mousterpiece Cinema podcast on iTunes, on Twitter, on Facebook, or on the show's blog!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mousterpiece View Post
    So, not only do I have that electrician friend working on the movie, but it turns out one of my buddies from elementary school has a part in the movie! All I know is he's playing some equipment manager in whatever scene is being shot at Heinz Field (and he doesn't know if he has a speaking part or not), but he's already been fitted for his costume. This is unreal.
    1 of my favorite actors from stargate sg1 announced on his twitter that he is in the movie, Christopher Judge
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Banned User

3 Tumblers were spotted on the streets of Pittsburgh during the filming of The Dark Knight Rises. They are powered by Chevy V8 engines.

More footage of other vehicles spotted...

Bane, played by hunky Tom Hardy, was spotted in full costume during filming what considered a key sequence. Look! Did he capture the Tumbler after breaking Batman's back?

Here's Wayne's new wheels...

people are still on the look out for Catwoman, still no signs of the cat but details of the costume have been known. What would it look like? The look will be very much like Darwyn Cooke's Catwoman design from Ed Brubaker's "Trail of the Catwoman" mini-series.

So we’ve already seen how Tom Hardy would look like as Bane, but what about Anne Hathaway as Catwoman? Curious on how she’s going to look? Well, according to sources, the actresses costume is going to look fairly similar to the current costume design (hint: look at the picture above)
    Continue for details…

According to HollywoodLife.com, Hathaway's new costume is going to look fairly similair to Darwyn Cooke's Catwoman design when he was doing the art for Ed Brubaker's "Trail of the Catwoman" mini-series. This is what was said about the costume:
    “Anne’s outfit is more tactical, like the comic book, than the previous Batman movies. She will definitely be wearing the goggles and it’s going to be less sexy than Halle Berry and Michelle Pfeiffer’s Catwoman costumes. She’s going to look more like a robber.”
    Good, because Catwoman IS a robber. And personally, I love this version of Catwoman's outfit. Pfeiffer's costume was nice and sexy, but it wasn't too practical. Halle Berry's costume... well, I didn't like that at all. If Christopher Nolan plans on keeping this somewhat realistic, this approach to Catwoman is definitely one to take.
    “Fan boys shouldn’t be worried. This costume is going to be form-fitting enough to make Anne look smoking hot. Everything from the looks in her eyes, her head movements, her body–everything is so feline. The role is taking her to new places.”
    The Dark Knight Rises will be out in theaters July 20, 2012.
    Sources: http://www.critiques4geeks.com/2011/...woman-costume/ & http://batman-news.com/
    Last edited by JMora; 07-30-2011 at 04:54 PM.

My electrician buddy texted me today. Apparently, they're shooting a scene at City Hall that's a fight between Batman and Bane (possibly what leads to Bane being on top of the Bat-Tumbler?). So cool.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Photo by: Jared Wickerham/Getty Images

great gallery of shots at:
    'The Dark Knight Rises' First Look: On the Set Gallery - The Hollywood Reporter
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Anne Hathaway on set.

Apparently, even though they're not filming the entire movie in Pittsburgh, they're filming the most important parts. The guy I know who's working as an electrician on the film texted me today: "I know how the Batman trilogy ends." They filmed the ending yesterday/today. So...yeah, I'm even more jealous of the guy than I was before.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post

Photo by: Jared Wickerham/Getty Images

great gallery of shots at:
    'The Dark Knight Rises' First Look: On the Set Gallery - The Hollywood Reporter

1st W.B. production photo of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman

• Circle of Ancients

Not going to judge the catwoman outfit until I see the entire thing ... but so far I like that they took it in a different direction.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post

1st W.B. production photo of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman
    She's just look's like an ordinary biker, and I guess she's dating Batman since she allowed to ride his ride (no pun intended).

This is said to be a stunt double...
    Name:  catwomanl.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  239.9 KB
    Last edited by JMora; 08-05-2011 at 12:23 PM.

From these pix I'm really not to impressed with the way she looks. Just looks like leather and some goggles. Nothing to it. I'm not going to fully judge until the final product.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast