Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

• Infinitized!

Re: Batman 3 - The Dark Knight Rises

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Not going to judge the catwoman outfit until I see the entire thing ... but so far I like that they took it in a different direction.
    It just better be a tight costume like a Michelle Pfieffer's, otherwise fanboys (and myself) will be disapointed.

PS: I see they updated the board to handle IE9. Yay! Works good now. Glitches seem to be gone.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    It just better be a tight costume like a Michelle Pfieffer's, otherwise fanboys (and myself) will be disappointed.
    Don't hold your breath because the costume designer stated,
    wearing the goggles and it’s going to be less sexy than Halle Berry and Michelle Pfeiffer’s Catwoman costumes. She’s going to look more like a robber.
    As we see in the above photos, she's obvious not dressed like Selina Kyle but her other persona, Catwoman. It's pretty simple, but the question is, will she go through another costume change? Looking at both past previous Nolan's Batman films, the main good-guy & bad-guy hardly changed. Basically what I am saying is, what you is what you get of this Catwoman. ={

Truly a Bad Romance LOL

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Steelers pick up roles as
    Batman movie extras

Friday, August 05, 2011
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Batman, meet Big Ben.

The new labor agreement in the NFL banned teams from practicing twice a day but it says nothing about Ben Roethlisberger and his Steelers teammates practicing for good old "Gotham" on the set of the new Batman movie Saturday morning.

Roethlisberger and about a dozen of his veteran teammates will take part in the filming of Dark Knight Rises playing -- what else? -- football players at a familiar venue for them, Heinz Field. The production, which has been filming in Pittsburgh, moves Saturday morning to the Steelers home, where thousands of extras playing fans have been recruited. The Steelers will return to Saint Vincent College in Latrobe for a real football practice under the direction of coach Mike Tomlin Saturday afternoon.

The Steelers quarterback has become close with Thomas Tull, the film's executive producer who joined the Steelers ownership group two years ago. Tull helped influence the shooting of the movie in Pittsburgh and he's been trying to get the Steelers involved. Chrstopher Nolan is directing the third in his Batman trilogy. The movie stars Christian Bale as Batman and Anne Hathaway as Catwoman.

"I'm kind of getting everybody together," Roethlisberger told the Post-Gazette today. "I heard it's going to be a neat thing at the stadium. I don't think it will be a big part, it's not like we're chasing Batman down or anyting. It's something neat that in 10 years or 20 years we can tell our kids we were in a movie. Thomas does movies big and I'm sure it will be a big-time movie and something fun to be part of."

Among teammates expected to join him are Hines Ward, Willie Colon, Maurkice Pouncey, Mike Wallace, Heath Miller, Aaron Smith, Ryan Clark, Troy Polamalu, James Farrior and Casey Hampton.

There will be an early call for the football-playing actors -- they must be on the set, which is closed to the public, by 7 a.m. Saturday, and this after tonight's practice in Latrobe.

"From what I've heard, it's going to be like a pre-game, warming-up type thing,'' Roethlisberger said of the Steelers' roles. "I don't know the whole concept. There's a Gotham team, a football game. We'll be wearing uniforms. It will be fun."

Traffic restrictions around Heinz Field will be in place over the weekend. Art Rooney Avenue from W. General Robinson to Reedsdale Street will be closed Saturday and Sunday. The west side curb lane of Art Rooney Avenue from North Shore Drive to West General Robinson Street will be closed through Monday.

Read more: Steelers pick up roles as Batman movie extras

---------- Post added 08-06-2011 at 10:31 AM ----------

Game Day for Batman
    filming at Heinz Field

Steeler Nation went Rogue this morning, as extras cheering for the new hometown team, the Gotham Rogues, for a scene being filmed for "The Dark Knight Rises" at Heinz Field.

The Rogues are playing the Rapid City Monuments in a fictional game at the stadium.

Decked out in the Rogues' colors of black and gold, thousands of fans cheered as some Steelers, including Ben Roethlisberger and Hines Ward, appeared, playing members of the Rogues. Bill Cowher returned, prowling the sidelines in his first coaching gig since leaving the Steelers after the 2006 season. Kevin Colbert, the Steelers director of football operations, is reuniting with Cowher as an assistant coach for the Gotham Rogues.

Mayor Luke Ravenstahl is dusting off his college skills and playing a kicker for the Rapid City Monuments, the Rogues' rivals. That may have been one of the reasons he was booed when one of his practice kicks did not go well.

A 2003 graduate of Washington & Jefferson College, he was a kicker there during his student days.
    No Terrible Towels were in evidence, since they bear the distinctive Steelers logo which is banned for the day. Instead, fans were given gold hankies to wave and, in keeping with gridiron tradition, the national anthem was sung.

On the kickoff, Hines Ward received, blowing past the mayor as he returned the kick. That scene was repeated many times over about three hours, with the fans putting on coats they had been instructed to bring to simulate the cold during each take, then taking them off between to try to cool off in the muggy weather. Shortly after noon, the kickoff scene was done and setup began for a special effects scene.
    There are many homemade signs, including: "Rogue Rage," "Rogues Gallery," "Rogue Nation," Rogue, Rogue, Rogue Your Boat," and "You're in Rogue Country."

During a rain delay earlier, fans passed the time practicing the wave. Prizes were awarded to members of crowd, which included people of all ages, but seemed to have more 20 and 30-somethings than other age groups.

As expected, whole sections of extras are being moved between shots to allow the camera to make it appear that the stadium is packed. In the filmmaking equivalent of the miracle of the loaves and fishes, there are two ways to make 10,000 or so extras look like 60,000: Film them and reproduce them digitally to fill in empty seats or have them move so the background always appears robust and full.
    Read more: Game Day for Batman filming at Heinz Field

Read more: Game Day for Batman filming at Heinz Field
    Last edited by ALIASd; 08-06-2011 at 09:35 AM.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• My prices are INSANE!

If you are in the Los Angeles area this weekend Batman 3 - The Dark Knight Rises will be filming here in downtown Los Angeles starting yesterday.

Here's what the Downtown blog has to say.

Batman will be doing some serious Downtown work this Labor Day weekend.
    Filming for the Christopher Nolan-helmed feature "The Dark Knight Rises" will shut down the 3rd Street tunnel on Thursday evening, with shooting lasting until Monday morning.
    The description on the production's filming notice makes clear that this should be a fiery affair, including a "car explosion [and] afterburn, fireball [and] black powder."
    Shooting will also shut down the Flower Street ramps north of 3rd and the 4th Street ramp from Figueroa to Hope on Saturday and Sunday. Interior filming at 550 S. Hope will also take place those two days.
    The production moves to the other side of Downtown next weekend, filming underneath the 6th Street Viaduct from Thursday, September 8, to Sunday, September 11. The shoot will include a "platform on riverbed to bridge footing that resembles ice," as well as an explosion, fire ball and air mortars.
    Interior shots will move to the Historic Core two weeks later, as the production takes over 433 S. Spring from Wednesday, September 21, to Friday, September 23.
    The third street tunnel is not the more recognized 2nd street tunnel you see in every other car commercial.
    So if your in the area keep a weather eye open for Batman!

Here's a link to the article. http://blogdowntown.com/2011/09/6377...car-explosions
    Last edited by Crazy Larry; 09-02-2011 at 10:37 AM.
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• My prices are INSANE!

Maybe some of the plot holes brought up in this funny video might be answered in The Dark Knight Rises.
    Or maybe not. Either way enjoy.

Stop by my website

• My prices are INSANE!

The Dark Knight Rises has been filming in downtown Los Angeles since the Labor Day weekend.
    So eventually something would show up on You tube.

Here are some video's of the various locations were Dark Knight Rises has been filming.

First up is the Figueroa side of the Third street tunnel.

The next three videos show the shooting location around the Sixth street bridge.

This video shows the new batwing being prepped for the night shooting.

This is video of the batwing in action during the night shoot.

Finally a shot of one of the setups.

Cool stuff!

Stop by my website

• My prices are INSANE!

More location shooting for the Dark Knight Rises continues here in downtown Los Angeles.
    Lot's of night shooting will be taking place this weekend on Figueroa st. complete with low flying helicopters.
    Should be lot's of fun.

Here's some news coverage of it.
    http://www.onsetla.com/storage/post-images/batwing_36301.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=13169 12773417[/IMG]]Dark Knight's Busy September Continues with Figueroa Closures :: blogdowntown

Stop by my website

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Let's hear from director Christopher Nolan first, and see what he'll divulge about the film. "It's really all about finishing Batman and Bruce Wayne's story. We left him in a very precarious place. Perhaps surprisingly for some people, our story picks up quite a bit later, eight years after The Dark Knight. So he's an older Bruce Wayne; he's not in a great state.

"With Bane, we're looking to give Batman a challenge he hasn't had before. With our choice of villain and with our choice of story we're testing Batman both physically as well as mentally."

Speaking of physical challenges, what can Tom Hardy tell us about Bane? "He's brutal. Brutal. He's a big dude who's incredibly clinical, in the fact that he has a result-based and oriented fighting style. It's not about fighting. It's about carnage. The style is heavy-handed, heavy-footed, it's nasty. Anything from small-joint manipulation to crushing skulls, crushing rib cages, stamping on shins and knees and necks and collarbones and snapping heads off and tearing his fists through chests, ripping out spinal columns. He is a terrorist in mentality as well as brutal action."

Costume designer Lindy Hemming also lets drop a few clues to his backstory as she talks about Bane's look. On the mask, she says, "He was injured early in his story. He's suffering from pain and needs gas to survive. He can't survive the pain without the mask. The pipes from the mask go back along his jawline and feed into the thing at his back, where there are two cannisters."
    News On The Dark Knight Rises | Movie News | Empire
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Circle of Ancients

Wow, 8 years later. Hopefully this means we'll see the new and improved Wayne Manor/Bat Cave.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Yes! And what does this march ahead in time mean for Michael Caine's Alfred...?!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that the prologue from 'The Dark Knight Rises' will run before IMAX screenings in 32 cities across the U.S. of 'Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol', directed by Pixar's Brad Bird, beginning December 16th. Christopher Nolan is quoted as calling it, "The first six or seven minutes of the film that will serve introduction to Bane and a taste of the rest of the film."

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

MTV News is reporting that last night a special IMAX screening was held for media and fans at the Universal City Walk theatres with the surprise debut of 'The Dark Knight Rises' opening sequence and a couple of out-of-order bonus shots added at the end. A plane heist and Tom Hardy's Bane character were heavily featured in the shown footage.

Director Christopher Nolan was on hand to introduce the clips and spoke of his love for the IMAX technology, calling it "far and away the best imaging format created." He also added that he has just begun editing the film.

Media reaction included comments such as, 'grand in scope", "filled with lots of tension and dread", "a cross between a Bond movie and everything we've come to love about Nolan's Bat-verse", "a miniature thrill ride in and of itself" and cited stunning camera work not unlike Nolan's 'Inception'.
    Last edited by ALIASd; 12-09-2011 at 10:32 AM.

• Infinitized!

New trailer but not a great copy:
    Twitvid.com
    This is not the 6 minute long opening sequence, just a new trailer. Hopefully a better version shows up soon.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^ohh man....yeah if they dont work out Banes Voice....the movie is going to suffer..HARD

I dont know where he got the idea to make him speak like that since all the shows and movies he's appeared in he speaks with an accent but you can still tell what he's saying, to be honest it looks good through very dark for a third movie

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Key 'Dark Knight Rises' Scene Revealed

Actress Anne Hathaway, who takes center stage in the pivotal moment from Christopher Nolan's upcoming Batman film, also opens up about the inspiration for her Catwoman.

read it at:
    Key 'Dark Knight Rises' Scene Revealed - Hollywood Reporter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789