Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Hobbit

• Banned User

Re: The Hobbit

It's official, Elijah Wood will return to the role of Frodo Baggins, and this is how this will be possible.
    As readers of “The Hobbit” know, the tale of “The Downfall of The Lord of the Rings” and “The Hobbit or There and Back Again,” are contained in the fictional “Red Book of Westmarch.” In Peter Jackson’s LOTR films, the books are shown on screen and written in by Bilbo and Frodo and handed off to Sam Gamgee. (Not explained on film are Sam’s progeny later having the book and being Wardens of the Westmarch — hence the book’s title.) The fictional book, and either the telling from it or the reading of it, will establish Frodo in the films experiencing Bilbo’s story. Viewers to learn the tale of ‘The Hobbit’ with a familiar Frodo getting the tale as well.
    Source: Elijah Wood Reportedly Returning To Middle-Earth For ‘The Hobbit’ Cameo MTV Movies Blog

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

......we will see how the Hobbit turns out....rather not have characters who are not in the book in the film but Jackson wants to give more money to his friends so he'll stick them in there when ever he can (plus its good for toy sales to have more characters)

• Banned User

Related:

That was easy.

• I'm not really here

Sir Ian McKellen has been cast as Gandalf [link] and Sir Christopher Lee will also be returning as Sauruman [link].
    In rumor news, David Tennant of Dr. Who fame is rumored to be in consideration for Thranduil [link].
    Elijah Wood and Andy Serkis are also back [link].

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

Now you can follow the filming (production has officially started) of the Hobbit on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Peter-...n/141884481557

• I'm not really here

So very excited for these films. My life will now be divided between MC and tORN. I wonder if they'll do something like they did with Kong with the Production/Post-Production Diaries. I loved watching those. It was a brilliant way to bring people into the making of a movie without giving too much away.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    So very excited for these films. My life will now be divided between MC and tORN. I wonder if they'll do something like they did with Kong with the Production/Post-Production Diaries.
    The KongisKing.net was my fav as well, and for this production (updates), the answer is yes...
    The Hobbit Blog | The official blog of THE HOBBIT movies

and of course by the fans (TheOneRing.Net)

• Banned User

With XBox Kinect's motion-tracking capabilities coupled with a Pufferfish globe-projection system, some cool geeks were able to produce a real Eye of Sauron that follows you around the room.

• I'm not really here

New from the set from Sir Peter himself:
    Peter Jackson on Shooting The Hobbit at 48 fps - ComingSoon.net

Even a cool mention of Star Tours.

• I'm not really here

The first official production diary has been posted by Sir Peter Jackson. It really is happening...
    First Video From the Set of The Hobbit! - ComingSoon.net

• Banned User

The first set production video blog...

• I'm not really here

Nice, there was no YouTube link when I posted it. Much nicer having it on YouTube.

• Banned User

first stills of The Hobbit

=)

• Banned User

Gollum sings "I Will Survive," I knew he was a Disco Queen, LOL...

• Banned User

Your looking at the three brother dwarves Nori (Jed Brophy), Ori (Adam Brown) and Dori (Mark Hadlow) as they’ll look in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.

Source: http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00041927.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast