Thread: Top Gun 2...

• Banned User

Top Gun 2...

Tom Cruise may be busy with filming a new Mission: Impossible film in Prague but word has it that he has signed on for a sequel that made him a super star, Top Gun. Paramount Studios is interested in making a sequel to Top Gun that would be updated for the times but will feature Cruise as possible a “grizzled Top Gun flight instructor”.

The good news its not a remake but truly a sequel but the script has yet to be written. Let's see, the lead actress is lesbian in real life, and it was eye candy for gay men like myself. Kinda hard to write a sequel for a film that was so 80s, iconic and sorta cheesy but fun at the same time but if Tom Cruise becomes executive producer. I'm sure he'll find the best writers but this is not the first time a sequel has been in the works but it seems now its really going to happen since Tom wants to do it after all these years.

Source: Looks Like Top Gun 2 Is Cleared For Takeoff ? All Thanks To Larry Ellison’s Son

• Infinitized!

Re: Top Gun 2...

Kilmer's gotta eat... that is, if he's back as Ice Man. Maybe they could have Anthony Edwards make an appearance as a ghost or something.

• Banned User

Re: Top Gun 2...

The British director, who directed 1986 Tom Cruise led original to box office success, told HitFix that the movie will examine how air combat has changed in the past two decades.

"It's a whole different world now," he said. "These computer geeks - these kids play war games in a trailer in Fallon, Nevada and if we ever went to war or were in the Middle East or the Far East or wherever it is, these guys can actually fly drones. They are unmanned aircraft. They operate them and then they party all night."

Scott noted that he met one of the new breed of fighter pilots on a recent flight back from Las Vegas.

He explained: "The guy sitting next to me was all hungover. He must have been in his late 20s and he was one of these kids. He said, 'I partied all night.' And I said, 'What do you do?' 'I work [with unmanned aircraft in] the Air Force.' They operate these drones like it's war games, but it's for real."

Scott refused to comment on a potential return for Cruise's Maverick character, but said that many pilots who flew in the '80s still flew test aircraft and were the first people to operate the drones.

Source: ‘Top Gun 2′ Is A Go! Tony Scott Confirms He’s Got A Missile Lock On Directing MTV Movies Blog