• Banned User

Superman: Man of Steel

I'm really surprised nobody has posted this since Superman is supposedly everyone's favorite American hero, ok, not mine either but another movie is being developed. Superman: Man of Steel was green lighted a budget of $250 million, thanks to Warner Bros couple of months ago. With Zack Snyder (300, Watchmen, Dawn of the Dead) behind the camera, and script written by David S. Goyer.

There were many rumors that it was another reboot, I kinda liked the last remake but Superman was never my favorite comic book either, and its kinda hard to top the one and only original Superman (film wise), Christopher Reeve but this character is forever cursed.

Anyway, a French site, Filmsactu.com caught up with Zack Snyder during his European tour to promote his animate film "Legend of the Guardians", and asked him about Superman, and what the movie will be about. Here's his response translated from French...

"As I already explained, the film will be focused on the early days of Superman. It will not have links with the other films. This will not be a remake. Again, even though I can't talk about the story, I can assure you that this new Superman will not be based on any particular comic book." This puts to bed any speculation that this new movie would be based on either Mark Waid's "Superman: Birthright" or John Byrne's "Man of Steel" miniseries.

Source: News: Zack Snyder Says Superman Movie to Focus on Early Days | Latino Review
    Last edited by JMora; 10-15-2010 at 06:14 PM.

• Banned User

Re: Superman: Man of Steel

Superman related....

Thank God Tim Burton's Superman Lives never came to be, photos have surfaced of the concept of Superman's costume, thanks to makeup effects guru's Steve Johnson's Facebook page: Tim Burton's Superman Lives! | Facebook

• Banned User

Oh yes!

Handsome actor Joe Manganiello (True Blood) more then likely be the new Superman!

Insiders say Joe Manganiello is a top pick to play the new Superman. The True Blood hottie definitely proved himself ab-tastic material on the hit show, and now is on a short list of names to play the famous leading man.

Word is that during last week’s Academy Bake Off, which celebrates visual effects in film, Joe’s name came up several times in talks about the new Man of Steel film. The project is being produced by Christopher Nolan and directed by Zack Snyder of 300 fame (so Joe would fit right in!)

• Banned User

Well, the choice has been made!

Warner Bros. and Zack Snyder have found their new Superman. WB sent out a press release this morning to announced that Henry Cavill (Stardust, The Tudors, Tarsem’s forthcoming Immortals and an actor who auditioned for Christopher Nolan’s Batman) is the new son of Krypton.
    Another source: 'Superman': Henry Cavill Cast As Clark Kent And Superman