• Banned User

Steven Spielberg =Robopocalypse

Darn it to hell, I want a great Jurassic Park sequel from the man but I guess they are standing by their word. They will no longer going to continue the JP franchise out of respect of Michael Crichton. Whatever, lol. Anyway, Steven Spielberg finished directing The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn starring Daniel Craig (007), which I'm surprised that there's no footage has been leaked. Probably because nobody cares, lol even though its currently almost done from post-production with a release date of this December 28th release! You thought Tron: Legacy had no publicity.

Being a busy man he is, Spielberg is currently filming War Horse, another war film but this time World War 1. It's E.T. meets Saving Private Ryan, how so? It's about young guy and his horse by the name of Joey. How their bond is broken when Joey is sold to the cavalry and sent to the trenches of World War One. This exciting tale won't drop til December of next year but I feel for Disney. This is the Spielberg they made a deal with Dreamworks SKG?

Well, just the other day, Steven Spielberg struck a deal to make his own Terminator meets Transformers of a film called Robopocalypse. The film will be based upon the novel of the same name which was written by Daniel H. Wilson, which hasn't even come out yet. The story explores the fate of the human race following a robot uprising. Drew Goddard (Cloverfield) has written the script adaptation. Spielberg sure loves the alien/robotic tales, so this looks sorta promising. We'll see if he can bring something horrific to stimulate our visual sensors.

So, it's pretty much this...
    YouTube - War of the Worlds Teaser Trailer

Source: Spielberg to direct film of robotic apocalypse
    Last edited by JMora; 10-23-2010 at 11:44 PM.