Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Counting down the days until - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

So who besides me is counting down the days until the next Harry Potter film comes out in the theatre?

I have been rereading the seventh book, and I am up to the part where Harry, Ron, and Hermione learn about the Elder Wand. Now if you haven't read the books, you probably don't know what I am talking about. Don't read any further if you want the movie to be a complete surprise.

It's bound to be a great movie, as the entire saga of Harry and Voldemort finally comes to an end.

While reading the book, I come to parts that I am really hoping make it into the movie.

One last look at the Dursleys, and Dudley thanking Harry.
    The Seven Harry Potters
    Bill and Fleur's wedding
    Hermione's wonderful beaded handbag
    Retreiving the real locket
    Godric's Hollow
    The Silver Doe

Than there are the sad parts.

Hedwig, and Dobby, George, and Mad Eye Moody.

It's seventeen more days until the movie makes its appearance and I can hardly wait. I know it won't be a carbon copy of the book, but hopefully all the chills, tears, and smiles will all be in their rightful places.

I read somewhere that the first part of this two parter will end with Snape retreiving the wand from Dumbledore. That is a lot further in the book than 1/2 way. That leaves me to speculate that a lot of time will be devoted to the final battle at the end.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• My prices are INSANE!

Re: Counting down the days until - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Got my tickets. We'll be watching it at the Cinerama dome, or as I like to call it, the Honeycomb Hideout.
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• formerly very helpful

I guess we should start looking for babysitters now! I'm getting excited. I suppose I'll be a little sad when the final film ends. This saga has been a good ride.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I've got my tickets for the midnight show!
    A signature should go here.

• Banned User

James Cameron, while speaking at the Blu-Con event in Beverly Hills, blasted Warner Bros over its failed attempt to convert Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 1 into 3D. Addressing the issue of Warners' rushed efforts to produce a retro-fitted version of Deathly Hallows, Cameron said that the studio was repeating the same mistakes they made with Clash Of The Titans.

I maintain you can't do a good conversion of a two-hour movie with high quality in a few weeks like they tried to do with Clash Of The Titans," the BBC quotes him as saying.

"I don't mean to throw that movie under the bus because my buddy Sam [Worthington, from Avatar] is in it, but I think everybody realised that this was a point at which people had gone too far.

They announced it in 3D - threw a bunch of money trying to convert it to 3D in post-production and it simply didn't work. They just didn't get it done.

You see another stumble with the most recent Harry Potter movie from the same studio making the same mistake - except really getting spanked for it now because they didn't get the film done.
    Cameron said his belief that post-conversion "should be used for one thing and one thing only - which is to take library titles that are favorites that are proven, and convert them into 3D - whether it's Jaws or ET or Indiana Jones, Close Encounters... or Titanic."

Source: James Cameron blasts 3D conversion movie trend | Movies News | NME.COM

Funny how this news has come about because just last month, if you haven't heard... Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part One will not be released in cinemas in 3D, it has been announced!

The movie, which was filmed in 2D, was due to be converted and released in both formats in conventional and IMAX cinemas nationwide on November 19.

However, Warner Bros has now announced that the filmmakers were unable to complete the transition into 3D for the entire film, and have now abandoned plans for the technology.

A statement said: "We do not want to disappoint fans who have long-anticipated the conclusion of this extraordinary journey.

"We, in alignment with our filmmakers, believe this is the best course to take in order to ensure that our audiences enjoy the consummate Harry Potter experience." Director David Yates said of the announcement: "This decision, which we completely support, underscores the fact that Warner Bros has always put quality first."

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part One was to be the third film of the series to be released in IMAX 3D, and the first to include a conventional 3D print.

The studio has confirmed that the final installment of the franchise, Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part Two, remains on schedule to be released in 2D and 3D formats on July 15, 2011.

Source: New Harry Potter movie! Not in 3D! | Technically Incorrect - CNET News

But today, Warner Bros. have confirmed details of the upcoming London and New York premieres of Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part One. The London event will be at Odeon & Empire cinemas in Leicester Square on Tuesday November 11, with arrivals scheduled to begin at 4.15pm. The NYC event will take place on Monday, November 15 at the Alice Tully Hall.

• Disneyland PAP

Got IMAX tickets for opening weekend with seven friends who are all Harry Potter fans. And late last night I finally reached the end of Chapter Twenty-Nine - The Lost Diadem of my Jim Dale-narrated CDs that I've been playing in my car.

Went looking on Amazon to pre-order the soundtrack and discovered this wallet-squeezing deluxe version. Haven't ordered it yet, but the SWAG-junky that I am, I'll probably end up picking it up.

Amazon.com: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -Part 1: Limited Edition Collector's Box Set: Alexandre Desplat: Music: Reviews, Prices & more@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/516aWw3pABL.@@AMEPARAM@@516aWw3pABL

• ...is busy, please hold.

Based on footage released to MuggleNet the movie will most likely open with Harry awaiting alone in a gutted and deserted 4 Privet Drive.

Apparently a poster to Equus (the nude play Dan Radcliffe lead on West End & Braodway) will be in the background during a wizard deul between the trio on the lam and two Deatheaters set in a London cafe.

Get ready for a lot of fan service hovering around Dan as well.

the last scene is rumored to be Voldemort taking the Elder Wand from the White Tomb. The last shot may or may not be Tom testing the wand by casting out lightning to the night sky.
    Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
    Think of it as a third arm that magically
    shoots bullets!

• Rock Star Minion

I, again, will recommend that people NOT read the books before seeing the movie. You will be highly disappointed, as my wife was with Movie 6.
    The books are just too filled with important details that the movie will leave out and try to work around.

Movies have not yet discussed that Harry owns the house on Grimmauld Place, and Kreacher within. That was discussed in Book 6, left out of Movie 6. Perhaps a simple throwaway line from Kreacher will clear it up. Or, perhaps a note from the Ministry noting this transaction a year late. As I noted in the other thread, the mysteries of Elf Magic have been overlooked in the movies in the interest of time. Now it's going to bite them.

This does not need a 3D rendition. Perhaps people who won't read the books need someone else's imagination thrown at them in such a manner. I will be seeing a normal version of this right after kids are out of school that Friday.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dead_Mau5 View Post
    the last scene is rumored to be Voldemort taking the Elder Wand from the White Tomb. The last shot may or may not be Tom testing the wand by casting out lightning to the night sky.
    I think it's about page 500 or so in the book. While the trio are hiding out at Shell Cottage.
    That means we have to wait until part 2 for HB Carter's portrayal of Hermione disguised as Bellatrix. (spoiler alert!!)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Banned User

Those in Orlando area, according to: blogs.orlandosentinel.com

The Universal Cineplex at Universal Orlando will go totally Harry Potter for the premiere evening of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows — Part 1.” At 12:01 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 19, all 20 screens, including the IMAX screen, will be devoted to the new film starring Daniel Radcliffe as the boy wizard.

Tickets for the early “Deathly Hallows” showings can be be purchased at the box office or through www.fandango.com. Universal is expecting to sell out the event. (There will also be a 3:15 a.m. IMAX showing.)

Guests can also purchase a special combo ticket that includes Thursday evening showings of the two most recent Potter flicks, “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” and “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince,” before the 12:01 showing of “Deathly Hallows.” The ticket for all three films is $20.
    Remember, the film is no longer going to be in 3D!

• Rock Star Minion

I have a very small window on Friday afternoon that we're trying to squeeze the movie in (one kid gets out at 3:10, other kid has sport practice at 5:45. Advance tickets don't seem to show every single start time. Might have to split up the round-up gang.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Here in Chicago, I'll just wake up in the morning, check out the local showtimes, and head out for the nearest matinee. My neighbor has decided that she is going with me. We both want to see it before we read, or hear about it from too many people. Although that doesn't really matter so much with this movie, since it's based on a book that we've both read a few times.

1 more week.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

This will most likely be my last midnight showing of HP, so I MUST go. Can't wait.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Characters are my friends

I have my ticket for opening night! I will be watching the movie at Citywalk at Universal (and will be spending the day at Universal before seeing the movie). Can't wait!!
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have been watching the Harry Potter movies that they have been running on the Family channel this weekend. It helps me to remember a lot of the key plot lines of the story. There was a nice article about the three childhood stars of the movies in my Sunday newspaper. Harry, Hermione, and Ron, and their real life counterparts have been at this for 10 real years versus the seven fictional years of the books. I think they have all done a splendid job.
    Pop Century Resort

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast