• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Depp's 'Dark Shadows' finally sees daylight

It looks like Johnny Depp’s next movie will be Warner Bros. and Tim Burton’s big-screen incarnation of gothic vampire TV soap opera Dark Shadows.

The reteaming of Burton and Depp has been more than three years in the making -- Depp was obsessed with the series as a child -- but the studio has now set an April start.

Depp will portray Barnabas Collins, a vampire living in a Maine manor who is searching for his lost love.

Now that Depp has made his decision, the other projects he was flirting with will have to find new actors, unless of course they can be wrapped up by April. For example, Depp's name has been mentioned in connection with Kathryn Bigelow’s Triple Frontier as well as Universal’s Snow White and the Huntsman.

Richard Zanuck, Graham King and Christi Dembrowski are producing.

Seth Grahame-Smith wrote the current draft; John August also penned the script.
    'Dark Shadows' will be Johnny Depp's next movie - Heat Vision

6/2008
    http://micechat.com/forums/movies/97...k-shadows.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Re: Depp's 'Dark Shadows' finally sees daylight

Great news for JD & TB, bad news for Disney's Don Hahn-produced 'Frankenweenie' feature pushed back again...
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• My prices are INSANE!

Wow, Dark Shadows with a budget.
    I still think there should be a wobbly wall in the movie somewhere.
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• Infinitized!

Gotta release those vampire movies while they're still the fad.

• Shifting cargo

This sounds like an interesting movie. I'm personally excited to see Johnny portraying the sexiest role of our era; a vampire.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Great news for JD & TB, bad news for Disney's Don Hahn-produced 'Frankenweenie' feature pushed back again...
    They were going to make a 'Frankenweenie' movie? That was a cute, yet really sad little movie.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by RedHandedJill View Post
    They were going to make a 'Frankenweenie' movie? That was a cute, yet really sad little movie.
    1/22/09
    http://micechat.com/forums/news/1106...-d-2011-a.html

• "Always On The Move..."

I've been waiting for news that this is actually going to happen! YAY!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch View Post
    I've been waiting for news that this is actually going to happen! YAY!!!!!!!!
    Double Yay!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Michelle Pfeiffer in Talks to Reteam With
    Tim Burton for 'Dark Shadows'

Role would cast her opposite Johnny Depp in Warner Brosí big-screen take on the 1960s gothic vampire TV soap opera.

Michelle Pfeiffer is in negotiations to reteam with Tim Burton for Dark Shadows, Warner Brosí big-screen take on the 1960s gothic vampire TV soap opera starring Johnny Depp.

The movie has an April start and has been casting up, with Jackie Earle Haley, Eva Green and Bella Heatcote already on board.

Depp will portray Barnabas Collins, a self-loathing vampire living in a Maine manor who is searching for his lost love.

Pfeiffer would play Elizabeth Collins Stoddard, the reclusive matriarch of the Collins family which runs the Maine town. The character has not left the mansion since the disappearance of her husband a decade earlier.

Pfeiffer is finding herself very much in demand this new year. The actress is juggling a role in New Lineís all-star New Yearís Eve and is shooting Welcome to People, the directorial debut of scribe Alex Kurtzman.

The last time she worked with Burton was in 1992ís Batman Returns where she memorably played Catwoman.
    Michelle Pfeiffer in Talks to Reteam With Tim Burton for 'Dark Shadows' (Exclusive) - Heat Vision

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

'Prom' Actor Thomas McDonell Joins Johnny Depp in Tim Burton's 'Dark Shadows'

McDonell, who is generating early buzz from "Prom,"
    will play Depp's younger self in the movie, a big-screen
    take on the 1960s gothic vampire TV soap opera.

Thomas McDonell, who is generating early buzz off his work in Disney's upcoming Prom, has been cast as Johnny Depp's younger self in Tim Burton's Dark Shadows.

Warner Bros. is eyeing an April start for the movie, which is a big-screen take on the 1960s gothic vampire TV soap opera.

The movie has been casting up, with Michelle Pfeiffer, Jackie Earle Haley, Eva Green and Bella Heathcote already on board.

Depp will portray Barnabas Collins, a self-loathing vampire living in a Maine manor who is searching for his lost love. McDonell, who has already garnered comparisons as a "young Depp" in industry circles, will play the young Barnabas.
    'Prom' Actor Thomas McDonell Joins Johnny Depp in Tim Burton's 'Dark Shadows' - Hollywood Reporter

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

This kid is terrific in every film she's been is in, from 'Let Me In' to the first 'Wimpy Kid' movie:

Tim Burton's cast for Dark Shadows gets better and better. Kick-*** star Chloe Moretz is now in talks to join the Warner Bros drama based on the 60s TV soap. Moretz will play Carolyn. She's the daughter of Elizabeth Collins Stoddard (Michelle Pfeiffer), the reclusive matriarch of the Collins clan and owner of the Collinwood mansion where the supernatural saga unfolds.

Moretz just wrapped the Martin Scorsese-directed Hugo Cabret and she is currently starring in the Derek Martini-directed Hick with Blake Lively and Alec Baldwin. Moretz also is expected to reprise her Hit Girl character in a Kick-*** sequel.

Chloe Moretz Joins ‘Dark Shadows’ – Deadline.com

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

And... pictures from the set are starting to surface.

I like Tim Burtons work. Really I do. But there are some things that Tim Burton should not touch. This... is one of them.

What's with the makeup on Depp's Barnabas? - Entertainment - Movies - TODAY.com

So is Johnny Depp playing Barnabas Collins, the Joker from Batman or Michael Jackson resurrected ? You decide...
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 09-14-2011 at 08:31 PM.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    So is Johnny Depp playing Barnabas Collins, the Joker from Batman or Michael Jackson resurrected ? You decide...
    I think there's some Mad Hatter thrown in there as well.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    And... pictures from the set are starting to surface.

I like Tim Burtons work. Really I do. But there are some things that Tim Burton should not touch. This... is one of them.

What's with the makeup on Depp's Barnabas? - Entertainment - Movies - TODAY.com

Even before reading your entire post I clicked on the link, and immediately thought Johnny Depp was stealing Jack's Joker make up and costume. Although Johnny has never been one to follow the norm, and always do things differently, I'm not sure about this look. Not sure I like the clowny vampire look.