Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 84
  1. #16

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bozeman, Montana, United States
    Posts
    8,666
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: Harry Potter GoF - Reviews and Spoilers

    Not really.
    My hubby hasn't read the books and he enjoyed it - didn't necessarily understand everything which didn't bother him.
    He was more annoyed with my incessant questions on the way home to make sure he understood everything and to fill plot holes.
    I think you'll be fine!

  2. #17

    • Rock Star Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,351

    Re: Harry Potter GoF - Reviews and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb
    I haven't read any of the books (no time for reading), but have loved all of the movies. So is that going to be a problem with this one?
    No. The movies aren't like the books, and the movies are written (all by the same person) to make sure you don't have to read the books to get it. If you've seen the previous movies, you'll have the background info you need.

    That said, I highly recommend the books. Borrow them, as many people have them (and that's easier than $50+ for the set that you might never get to).
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

  3. #18

    • Im Mrs Americain Dream
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    C Spot
    Posts
    1,871

    Re: Harry Potter GoF - Reviews and Spoilers

    Oh im so excited i prob wont see it till next weekend
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

    My Youtube Video Blog

  4. #19

    • Resident Swing Addict
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    135

    Re: Harry Potter GoF - Reviews and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by MTNGIRL
    Not really.
    My hubby hasn't read the books and he enjoyed it - didn't necessarily understand everything which didn't bother him.
    He was more annoyed with my incessant questions on the way home to make sure he understood everything and to fill plot holes.
    I think you'll be fine!
    LOL you had that same problem too? Then Drew kept asking me what was different between the movie and book and was totally confused as I tried to explain about
    Spoiler
    winky not being there and the fact that we were supposed to assume that Barty Crouch Jr was dead.

    Plus I don't like that they left out things like
    Spoiler
    the students learning how to block the unforgiveable curse and for barely glancing over the trial with Barty Crouch since that's when we find out that Neville's parents were aurors killed by the cruciatus curse- a MAJOR thing in future plotlines!

  5. #20

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12,350

    Re: Harry Potter GoF - Reviews and Spoilers

    Okay, my daughter is extremely excited to go see this film. She is almost 6 and LOVES Harry Potter. I am going by myself tonight to see the movie and kind of judge it for myself but I want the opinion of people who have already seen it. Do you think a 6yr old can handle it? Keep in mind my daughter turned to me after watching the 3rd one and went: "Those two dogs that were fighting were really cool!" You get the idea. LOL

  6. #21

    • Happy Memories
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,282

    Re: Harry Potter GoF - Reviews and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    That said, I highly recommend the books. Borrow them, as many people have them (and that's easier than $50+ for the set that you might never get to).
    Unfortunately any possibility of actually reading them will have wait until I am no longer living with a two job crazy schedule. I did borrow the first one a couple years ago and then never had time to open it. The last book I did find time to read took me about a year to get all the way through.




  7. #22

    • MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oakland CA
    Posts
    5,724
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Harry Potter GoF - Reviews and Spoilers

    umm
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

  8. #23

    • I'm your huckleberry.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ventura County, CA
    Posts
    6,176

    Re: Harry Potter GoF - Reviews and Spoilers

    My daughter and my mom's partner are going to see the movie tomorrow while I'm at Walk the Line. They always see the HP movies together, then I see them on video. Its become a family tradition of sorts. Judging from all the reviews here they'll both love #4!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

  9. #24

    • Resident Swing Addict
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    135

    Re: Harry Potter GoF - Reviews and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    Okay, my daughter is extremely excited to go see this film. She is almost 6 and LOVES Harry Potter. I am going by myself tonight to see the movie and kind of judge it for myself but I want the opinion of people who have already seen it. Do you think a 6yr old can handle it? Keep in mind my daughter turned to me after watching the 3rd one and went: "Those two dogs that were fighting were really cool!" You get the idea. LOL
    There is a couple of small curse words and there is a potentially embarrassing moment for a young girl. Also, there are some really intense moment what can be quite scary for anyone, since it deals with good and evil to a much more exponential level. I don't know if you've read the books yet, so I can't divulge more until you ask me to be more specific, which I will be happy to do in spoilers.
    Regina

  10. #25

    • MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oakland CA
    Posts
    5,724
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Harry Potter GoF - Reviews and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydancr
    LOL you had that same problem too? Then Drew kept asking me what was different between the movie and book and was totally confused as I tried to explain about
    Spoiler
    winky not being there and the fact that we were supposed to assume that Barty Crouch Jr was dead.

    Plus I don't like that they left out things like
    Spoiler
    the students learning how to block the unforgiveable curse and for barely glancing over the trial with Barty Crouch since that's when we find out that Neville's parents were aurors killed by the cruciatus curse- a MAJOR thing in future plotlines!
    Spoiler
    Actually they did mention it in the movie. When Harry is looking at Dumbledoors memory of the trial and Karkov (spelling) is in the cage. He fingers Crouch Jr saying he is the one who put the cruciatus curse on the Longbottoms. I was suprised though that they left out the others who did the curse on the Longbottoms. Sirius's cousin helped out and she plays a fairly big role in the upcoming movies.

    I missed seeing Winky. Glad they left out Herminone and her trying to get SPEW going and the whole thing between Krum getting jealous because he thinks Harry and Herminone are going out.
    Last edited by OogieBoogie; 11-18-2005 at 12:52 PM.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

  11. #26

    • Resident Swing Addict
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    135

    Re: Harry Potter GoF - Reviews and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie
    Actually they did mention it in the movie.
    Spoiler
    When Harry is looking at Dumbledoors memory of the trial and Karkov (spelling) is in the cage. He fingers Crouch Jr saying he is the one who put the cruciatus curse on the Longbottoms.

    I missed seeing Winky though. Glad they left out Herminone and her trying to get SPEW going and the whole thing between Krum getting jealous because he thinks Harry and Herminone are going out.
    Please edit your post to include spoilers. Thanks!

  12. #27

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bozeman, Montana, United States
    Posts
    8,666
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: Harry Potter GoF - Reviews and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydancr
    There is a couple of small curse words and there is a potentially embarrassing moment for a young girl. Also, there are some really intense moment what can be quite scary for anyone, since it deals with good and evil to a much more exponential level. I don't know if you've read the books yet, so I can't divulge more until you ask me to be more specific, which I will be happy to do in spoilers.
    Regina
    I found it to be very chaotic, scary and definitely violent at times. You should definitely see if 1st since you will be the best judge.
    My hubby(who hasn't read the books) commented on how dark it was. He definitely thought that you can truly see the turn in the story line. Much darker, teenage agnst, some sexual innuendos - the kid story is definitely gone.

  13. #28

    • MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oakland CA
    Posts
    5,724
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Harry Potter GoF - Reviews and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydancr
    Please edit your post to include spoilers. Thanks!
    D'oh. Sorry about that.. I'm going on 3 hours of sleep here.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

  14. #29

    • Resident Swing Addict
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    135

    Re: Harry Potter GoF - Reviews and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie
    Actually they did mention it in the movie.
    Spoiler
    When Harry is looking at Dumbledoors memory of the trial and Karkov (spelling) is in the cage. He fingers Crouch Jr saying he is the one who put the cruciatus curse on the Longbottoms. I was suprised though that they left out the others who did the curse on the Longbottoms. Sirius's cousin helped out and she plays a fairly big role in the upcoming movies.

    I missed seeing Winky. Glad they left out Herminone and her trying to get SPEW going and the whole thing between Krum getting jealous because he thinks Harry and Herminone are going out.
    Spoiler
    I do remember them mentioning the Longbottoms, but I would have thought they would have put more emphasis on it in the actual scene and by bringing it up again after Harry left the pensieve. And yes, I thought they would bring out Bellatrix and the others too. Plus, they didn't show anything about Rita Skeeter- the Beetle!

  15. #30

    • Resident Swing Addict
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    135

    Re: Harry Potter GoF - Reviews and Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie
    D'oh. Sorry about that.. I'm going on 3 hours of sleep here.
    mmm,,, still not fixed yet. Sorry- I don't mean to be anal, but I know that If I hadn't seen the movie yet, I'd be upset.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 88
    Last Post: 07-17-2009, 10:03 PM
  2. Harry Potter Chapter 1 Discussion *spoilers*
    By Morrigoon in forum Disney and Industry Theatrical, Music and Publishing Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 05:22 AM
  3. Kingdom Hearts 2 - Open Discussion (Warning: Contains open spoilers!)
    By Disneyphile in forum Kingdom Hearts Series
    Replies: 210
    Last Post: 12-17-2006, 08:29 PM
  4. memorial for Steve Irwin (Warning: Contains open spoilers!)
    By tassie in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-21-2006, 08:22 AM
  5. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-18-2005, 11:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •