Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Re: Harry Potter GoF - Reviews and Spoilers

Not really.
    My hubby hasn't read the books and he enjoyed it - didn't necessarily understand everything which didn't bother him.
    He was more annoyed with my incessant questions on the way home to make sure he understood everything and to fill plot holes.
    I think you'll be fine!

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb
    I haven't read any of the books (no time for reading), but have loved all of the movies. So is that going to be a problem with this one?
    No. The movies aren't like the books, and the movies are written (all by the same person) to make sure you don't have to read the books to get it. If you've seen the previous movies, you'll have the background info you need.

That said, I highly recommend the books. Borrow them, as many people have them (and that's easier than $50+ for the set that you might never get to).
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

Oh im so excited i prob wont see it till next weekend
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

• Resident Swing Addict

Quote Originally Posted by MTNGIRL
    Not really.
    My hubby hasn't read the books and he enjoyed it - didn't necessarily understand everything which didn't bother him.
    He was more annoyed with my incessant questions on the way home to make sure he understood everything and to fill plot holes.
    I think you'll be fine!
    LOL you had that same problem too? Then Drew kept asking me what was different between the movie and book and was totally confused as I tried to explain about
    Spoiler
    winky not being there and the fact that we were supposed to assume that Barty Crouch Jr was dead.

Plus I don't like that they left out things like
    Spoiler
    the students learning how to block the unforgiveable curse and for barely glancing over the trial with Barty Crouch since that's when we find out that Neville's parents were aurors killed by the cruciatus curse- a MAJOR thing in future plotlines!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Okay, my daughter is extremely excited to go see this film. She is almost 6 and LOVES Harry Potter. I am going by myself tonight to see the movie and kind of judge it for myself but I want the opinion of people who have already seen it. Do you think a 6yr old can handle it? Keep in mind my daughter turned to me after watching the 3rd one and went: "Those two dogs that were fighting were really cool!" You get the idea. LOL

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    That said, I highly recommend the books. Borrow them, as many people have them (and that's easier than $50+ for the set that you might never get to).
    Unfortunately any possibility of actually reading them will have wait until I am no longer living with a two job crazy schedule. I did borrow the first one a couple years ago and then never had time to open it. The last book I did find time to read took me about a year to get all the way through.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

umm
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• I'm your huckleberry.

My daughter and my mom's partner are going to see the movie tomorrow while I'm at Walk the Line. They always see the HP movies together, then I see them on video. Its become a family tradition of sorts. Judging from all the reviews here they'll both love #4!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Resident Swing Addict

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    Okay, my daughter is extremely excited to go see this film. She is almost 6 and LOVES Harry Potter. I am going by myself tonight to see the movie and kind of judge it for myself but I want the opinion of people who have already seen it. Do you think a 6yr old can handle it? Keep in mind my daughter turned to me after watching the 3rd one and went: "Those two dogs that were fighting were really cool!" You get the idea. LOL
    There is a couple of small curse words and there is a potentially embarrassing moment for a young girl. Also, there are some really intense moment what can be quite scary for anyone, since it deals with good and evil to a much more exponential level. I don't know if you've read the books yet, so I can't divulge more until you ask me to be more specific, which I will be happy to do in spoilers.
    Regina

• MiceChat News Team

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneydancr
    LOL you had that same problem too? Then Drew kept asking me what was different between the movie and book and was totally confused as I tried to explain about
    Spoiler
    winky not being there and the fact that we were supposed to assume that Barty Crouch Jr was dead.

Plus I don't like that they left out things like
    Spoiler
    the students learning how to block the unforgiveable curse and for barely glancing over the trial with Barty Crouch since that's when we find out that Neville's parents were aurors killed by the cruciatus curse- a MAJOR thing in future plotlines!
    Spoiler
    Actually they did mention it in the movie. When Harry is looking at Dumbledoors memory of the trial and Karkov (spelling) is in the cage. He fingers Crouch Jr saying he is the one who put the cruciatus curse on the Longbottoms. I was suprised though that they left out the others who did the curse on the Longbottoms. Sirius's cousin helped out and she plays a fairly big role in the upcoming movies.

I missed seeing Winky. Glad they left out Herminone and her trying to get SPEW going and the whole thing between Krum getting jealous because he thinks Harry and Herminone are going out.
    Last edited by OogieBoogie; 11-18-2005 at 12:52 PM.

• Resident Swing Addict

Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie
    Actually they did mention it in the movie.
    Spoiler
    When Harry is looking at Dumbledoors memory of the trial and Karkov (spelling) is in the cage. He fingers Crouch Jr saying he is the one who put the cruciatus curse on the Longbottoms.

I missed seeing Winky though. Glad they left out Herminone and her trying to get SPEW going and the whole thing between Krum getting jealous because he thinks Harry and Herminone are going out.
    Please edit your post to include spoilers. Thanks!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

There is a couple of small curse words and there is a potentially embarrassing moment for a young girl. Also, there are some really intense moment what can be quite scary for anyone, since it deals with good and evil to a much more exponential level. I don't know if you've read the books yet, so I can't divulge more until you ask me to be more specific, which I will be happy to do in spoilers.
    Regina
    I found it to be very chaotic, scary and definitely violent at times. You should definitely see if 1st since you will be the best judge.
    My hubby(who hasn't read the books) commented on how dark it was. He definitely thought that you can truly see the turn in the story line. Much darker, teenage agnst, some sexual innuendos - the kid story is definitely gone.

• MiceChat News Team

Blog Entries

Please edit your post to include spoilers. Thanks!
    D'oh. Sorry about that.. I'm going on 3 hours of sleep here.

• Resident Swing Addict

Actually they did mention it in the movie.
    Spoiler
    When Harry is looking at Dumbledoors memory of the trial and Karkov (spelling) is in the cage. He fingers Crouch Jr saying he is the one who put the cruciatus curse on the Longbottoms. I was suprised though that they left out the others who did the curse on the Longbottoms. Sirius's cousin helped out and she plays a fairly big role in the upcoming movies.

I missed seeing Winky. Glad they left out Herminone and her trying to get SPEW going and the whole thing between Krum getting jealous because he thinks Harry and Herminone are going out.
    Spoiler
    I do remember them mentioning the Longbottoms, but I would have thought they would have put more emphasis on it in the actual scene and by bringing it up again after Harry left the pensieve. And yes, I thought they would bring out Bellatrix and the others too. Plus, they didn't show anything about Rita Skeeter- the Beetle!

• Resident Swing Addict

D'oh. Sorry about that.. I'm going on 3 hours of sleep here.
    mmm,,, still not fixed yet. Sorry- I don't mean to be anal, but I know that If I hadn't seen the movie yet, I'd be upset.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast