Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• insufferable know-it-all

Harry Potter GoF - Reviews and Spoilers (Warning: OPEN Spoilers!)

Note: This is NOT a film for the under-10 set! Or for the 10-12 set unless they're very emotionally mature! If you need further information, I suggest you look within the spoiler tags for more info before bringing kids. This is an intense film.

Out of courtesy to others, please use spoiler tags until the Monday following opening weekend. If you read this thread later than that, you can pretty much expect folks to stop using spoiler tags.

I'll leave the honor of most of the spoilers to our very own Grumpy4, so I'll just tease with a couple until she's seen the film at midnight tonight.

My favorite moment:
    Spoiler

McGonaghall: What are you doing?!?
    Moody: Teaching
    McGonaghall: Is that a student?
    Moody: Technically, it's a ferret.

I have to say, they did an amazing job with this film! It packs a real emotional punch, with the drama, the suspense, AND the comedy.

If you're wondering if your child can handle this film, I should warn you that:
    Spoiler
    Very early on, an innocent bug is tortured and killed in a dramatic and emotional way. It's actually quite upsetting.

Also, there are allusions to one character seeing another naked. Nothing is said outright, but it's very strongly implied by actions. Nothing the audience sees for itself, of course, but it's most definitely implied.

And if you haven't read the book, I should warn you that a key character DIES.

Okay, that's all you get for now!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Original Mice-Chatter

Re: Harry Potter GoF - Reviews and Spoilers

Well I am going to flagrantly ignore you because I know Rose is more than ready for this. She is so excited and she knows what happens in the movie and I will talk to her before the movie.

On your list #1- she won't care, #2- she won't notice #3- will upset everyone.

Thanks for the info- more please?

• Banned User

my kids and I have never watched harry potter movies nor read any of there books. not interested. I do not want my kids seeign things or reading things that may scare them.

• Happy Memories

I'm going Sunday morning (working the rest of the weekend). This will actually be the first time I manage to see a Potter film in the theater.

• horsin' around!

why is it when people post spoilers...i can't read them? its just a black box! :-)

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by pixywingz
    why is it when people post spoilers...i can't read them? its just a black box! :-)
    You highlight them-

• horsin' around!

ohhhhhhhh thank you! :-)

• insufferable know-it-all

pixy: they're in a black box so that you only read them if you WANT to read them (via the highlighting method) - it keeps people from accidentally seeing things they don't want to know (spoiling the movie for them)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Rock Star Minion

My older one has read the books, and my younger one is just about done with the first one and has watched hte previous movies.

My kids aren't pussies.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

I spoiled a bit tin the thread started by figment - be careful with that thread if you don't want to know!

• Rock Star Minion

89% on rotten tomatoes.
    Let's guess on the opening weekend for this home run (not "Singles and walks and sacrifice bunts and hope for an error by the other team (or, in Chicken Little's case, that the other teams don't show up)" Strategy that Disney has settled for): $105 million first weekend. A little higher than boxofficeguru's estimate of $97 million.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    My older one has read the books, and my younger one is just about done with the first one and has watched hte previous movies.

My kids aren't pussies.
    Ditto-

Rose has grown up watching the movies and being around the conversations about the book- so I am not the least worried.

• Who's your DaddyB?

You can't fit a whole book into a movie... You can't fit a whole book into a movie... You can't fit a whole book into a movie...

I have to keep repeating that.
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

I saw the movie last night at the midnight show in San Francisco. IT WAS FRIGGIN FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the best Potter film I have seen thus far. With the others I left feeling like they had left stuff out and that I couldn't stay imersed in the film the whole way through. This one I felt none of that. I'm going to go see it again tonight and tomorrow.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Happy Memories

A question for those who have seen it... A friend of mine who went to a midnight show (and is now attempting to prop her eyes open long enough to teach 3 classes of 6th graders today ), said that there may be things I miss or don't quite get since I haven't read the books. I haven't read any of the books (no time for reading), but have loved all of the movies. So is that going to be a problem with this one?

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast