Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: 'Winnie the Pooh' 7/15/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Timekeeper View Post
    I don't think so, granted, this might have been made around the time when the marketing department was in transition.

Doubtful. This is a brand new trailer with brand new footage that may not have been ready during the transition. This looks like the polished work of a brand new team that is copying everyone else.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Disney + Menken fan

-delete-
    Last edited by Xedex; 11-11-2010 at 01:10 PM. Reason: wrong tread
    "Fish are friends! NOT food!"
    ~Finding Nemo

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

I think, the people who are in charge of marketing, are trying to make this pooh a flop, so that we customers, are stuck with 3D Animation!

One last thing to all people reading this and the other threads: Which movie would you rather see on 7/15/11? Winnie the Pooh? or Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows, part 2?
    A massive fail on this upcoming 2D feature will send as many pink slips to marketing as it would other studio departments, so no on the idea of an internal secret plan.

This attempt at counter-programming the release of this film is looking at 7/16 & 17th and beyond...

Plus which film do you think will deliver in addition to box office untold 100s of millions of Disney dollars via merchandising, sponsorships and multitudes of consumer products?

Pooh remains one of the top animated characters in the world with $6.9 billion in global retail sales1

Nearly 100% familiarity among moms of K2-5 2

The No. 1 preferred character for expectant moms, gift givers & mothers of infants and newborns 3

The No. 1 Disney character among preschool moms4

Eeyore and Tigger are the top two most liked characters by Adult Women 18-345

Tigger and Winnie the Pooh are the top two most liked characters by Adult Women 35-505
    https://www.disneyconsumerproducts.c...=null&region=0
    https://www.disneyconsumerproducts.c...ss_room_all_US
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• will-o-the-whip

Eeyore and Tigger are the two most liked Disney characters by women 18-35.... Really? Says who? Oh, an internal Disney study. Sounds like a study set up to prove a predetermined conclusion. I've seen many companies set up those types of studies before. I find it hard to believe that Eeyore is more liked than Sleeping Beauty for women 18-35. I could believe more pitied however...

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    That font is completely wrong.

If they want us to believe that they're going back to the older style of storytelling, they should remind us of those earlier moments in the trailer.

I love the band KEANE but it's not Pooh.

This trailer feels cold when it should feel warm, fuzzy, and inviting.

...and.... I sure hope that the end of the trailer isn't the end of the movie!!!
    Agreed on the font... it's a Winnie the Pooh trailer, not an Apple commercial.

As for the animation and visual styling, though (ie, the part of the trailer the animators had control over...), I actually thought it looked charming and reminiscent of the older Pooh cartoons. I won't lie and say I'll see it over the HP7, but I think it looks like it'll be a good movie in its own right. I'll definitely try and get around to seeing it.

One last thing to all people reading this and the other threads: Which movie would you rather see on 7/15/11? Winnie the Pooh? or Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows, part 2?

Timekeeper
    Harry Potter. I want to see the pooh movie, but I'm bananas about the HP release!

I don't remember what appealed to me about Winnie the Pooh as a child...but I think the reason it still resonates in our culture is because the characters are not perfect. One of my friends has a Eeyore plush because she identify's with his personality.
    No sweat, no sweet.- British Proverb

well count me as one that will see this over Hairy Potter. There is something about those characters that is appealing and who can hate EEyore. He is the best character in those books and the story sounds like its about him.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

The crew t-shirts are pretty cute. On the front it says "Winnie the Pooh" with the words "In theaters 2011" beneath. Pooh and Eeyore are standing on top of the words. On the back underneath the collar is piglet hanging onto a red balloon for dear life. I wish I could have one.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• will-o-the-whip

Take that, recent projects!
    Haha... quote of the year!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Namrepus View Post
    Okay, maybe I'm being a nervous Nellie here, but I don't see a Pooh movie being a summertime blockbuster. I'd be more confident if it were being released any time in the year other than dead in the middle of summer.
    Yah, this sounds like it would be a much better spring time movie.
    Weren't most of all those other endless pooh movies released in the spring, too. It seemed like they had an annual pooh movie release once a year, for many years in a row. Then suddenly they stopped. Now that Disney is just about finished "Tink"ering around with movies, they were told to get get back to "pooh"ing out movies on a regular basis again. This new movie (in the style of the original pooh-vie) does look rather charming, but I'll wait for the dvd.

• Banned User

Im worried about this new Pooh movie, while it looks charming and cute, I am sure it will be a big flop at the box office. I just wish that after the big success with Tangled that Disney would follow that up with another hit. Oh well.

well I for one am very excited about this one. I really cantwait

Eh, I'm not sure I completely agree that people who watch HP will not watch WtP. I've been a HP fan almost as long as I've watched Disney movies. Of course I'll go to the midnight release of HP7-2, but after I go home and take a nap, I'm going to go back out to watch Winnie the Pooh. The whole reason I'm so excited about it was *because* I was so disappointed with the other Pooh movies (for whoever said that Disney were going to make annual Pooh movies now).

I think that Disney is getting the message that they need to return to their golden age. Sure, this won't be an Aladdin or Beauty and the Beast, but I'm really hoping that it's leading up to it. There are more fairy tales that can be made into movies, after all!

Personally, Winnie the Pooh defines my childhood, along with Harry Potter. I'm hoping to see the midnight showing of HP, and then see Pooh later, but I will definitely go. I'm very excited for both movies, but more so for the return of the classic Hundred Acre Woods.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast