Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: 'Winnie the Pooh' 7/15/2011

I had the chance to meet Winnie The Pooh 2011 Director Stephen Anderson at the 12/11 opening reception of The Super Big Micro Show:

He told me that they've completed about 60% color on the film and they really happy with all the hard work thus far. The fabulous Paul Felix is the Art Director and he's got a fantastic crew so he felt even more lucky and optimistic for Pooh's return to the big screen next year.

more at:
    http://micechat.com/forums/features/...post1056358444
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Are they really gonna put this heads up against Harry Potter?
    Thats pretty ballsy of them. Good luck Winnie the Pooh. I salute you

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

^The studio's counter-programming campaign worked a month ago, and that was focused on introducing a new princess. HP7 part 1's business declined by 60% in it's second weekend* in theatres which didn't hurt Disney a bit.

The return of well-known & beloved characters should be an easier sell. The key will be to get Disney and self-proclaimed 2D animation fans to support the new film in theatres and not wait for DVD, download or cable releases.

Hopefully WB has a better part 2 to better close out the franchise for fans.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ter-tops-49545
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

first international teaser one-sheet poster

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    The return of well-known & beloved characters should be an easier sell. The key will be to get Disney and self-proclaimed 2D animation fans to support the new film in theatres and not wait for DVD, download or cable releases.
    Good point. I'm gonna be the odd man out, though. As much as I love classic hand-drawn quality animation, I'm finding it hard to get excited over a Winnie the Pooh feature film in this day and age. I don't think the subject matter related to a large enough audience.

That said, I remain hopeful, because WD Studios has exceeded my expectations as of late with "The Princess and the Frog" and "Tangled".

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

is that the Horned King I see there?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Kids Preferred Brings Pooh Bear to
    Toy Fair 2011

Winnie the Pooh Soft Toys News

Walt Disney Animation Studios may be bringing Pooh Bear back to the silver screen this coming summer, but there are plenty of parents and caretakers who still prefer the feelgood designs of E.H. Shepard (to the A.A. Milne children's books). To be sure, there will be plenty of consumer products, housewares, and apparel to accompany the theatrical release of Winnie the Pooh (July 15, 2011). However, hidden in the wake, one toy design group both is sticking with what it knows best, charming soft toys for toddlers, while adding a little bit extra for those interested in the new film. A highlight of American Int'l Toy Fair 2011, the East Windsor, NJ-based company Kids Preferred announced an expansion of their Winnie the Pooh plush toys.

Kids Preferred specializes in soft toys, perfect stuffed animals for newborns, or even as specialty gifts for a Significant Other . Classic brands in the company's catalogue include Charlie and Lola, Spot, and The World of Beatrix Potter.

Last year, Kids Preferred began selling Classic Pooh, the name of a pastel-colored product line. Shepard's original decorations and illustrations, for example, were warm, organic, and oftentimes humbling in how they punctuated the humorous tales of a honey-loving bear who loved to play games and visit his friends.

Pooh may have been "a bear of very little brain," but he always enjoyed a stroll in the forest, imagining new ways to entertain he and his pals rain or shine, no matter the circumstance.

This year, Kids Preferred expands their old school Pooh Bear offerings with additional nine-inch and fourteen-inch soft, plush dolls. These products comprise a new, "movie-inspired" line of items. For newborns, this extended Winnie the Pooh line now includes blankets, rattles, and "attachables" -- clip-on character toys for strollers, car seats, or the crib. These items earned their most recent rollout to specialty stores and online boutiques as early as January 2011; most items are priced at $20 or fewer.

New Winnie The Pooh toy details:
    Kids Preferred Brings Pooh Bear to Toy Fair 2011

• Banned User

I'm wondering why the movie is being released three months earlier in France and the United Kingdom...

Well I don't like the way they marketed the trailers and I am very sad about Christopher Robin's new design, But I guess things need to change with the generations to make sure it continues to be fresh. But other then that I am excited about this movie. I grew up watching the Old Winnie The Pooh movies and I am very happy that they (Disney) are returning to the roots of that lovable bear with classic story telling. But I really hope that they don't do the annual releases on Pooh movies again (Pooh's Heffalump Movie anyone?) because they usually try to get as much money off of successful franchises as they can even if it means lowering the entertainment value. But I am happy and as I sad earlier I will see this movie.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^what do you mean the trailer had modern music but it was not like Tangled or anything...it seems to look like a great film for anyone not just kids...and at least for now the marketing does not seem to be trying to "lure" anyone to the film. The Trailer has won some internet best Trailers for 2011 for it being funny, fun and just a great look at what will be in the movie....as long as they don't put punk rock music in the trailers it should be good marketing.

^ No what i am trying to say is when I think Winnie The Pooh I don't think that type of music. Also It has captured my interest and I am going to go see it. In fact I know people who are in there 50's and are going to see it.
    Last edited by Syon; 02-22-2011 at 01:09 PM.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    I'm wondering why the movie is being released three months earlier in France and the United Kingdom...
    Easter holiday in Paris, France and the U.K. runs 9 April - 25 April 2011

there sure are a lot of complainers on this site.
    i think this movie is going to be really good and i cannot wait to see it!!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^welcome to the internet.....though I do my own share of "constructive criticism" my self....I have to agree that the Pooh movie looks great and I love the first trailer and the song used in the trailer for me worked well and was better than a Pink song.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast