• 2 Wands - Should have only been 1 movie

1 2.13%
  • 1 Wand - It was terrible

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1: MiceChat Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    What are the bonus features in this set? If I didn't already have the 2-disc DVDs of the first 6 movies, I may have considered this.
    I ordered it even though I already had the gift set of the first movies... just because these are bluray and for the price it's hard to be wasteful (even tho I already have film 6 in bluray)
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Rock Star Minion

Just doing a little light reading this morning and noticed that
    Spoiler
    Dobby dies
    at the end of Malfoy Manor chapter, while
    Spoiler
    Voldy steals Dumbledore's wand
    at the end of The Wandmaker chapter.
    So, the movie has rearranged stuff. And we don't know if Harry saw that second thing happen.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Circle of Ancients

This is how I look at the 1-6 on Blu Ray ... it's only $40.

I'm anticipating a huge collectors edition Blu Ray set with all 7 movies. It's going to happen. But ... I don't think it will be on the initial Blu Ray release. They will have a package set next year with all 7 movies, no question, but it won't be the deluxe that everybody is anticipating.

The soonest we are going to get an all-inclusive "Bells and Whistles" set is probably sometime in 2012. So $40 to upgrade our DVD's and have the first 6 movies on Blu Ray, thus getting us through the next 2 years is fine with me.

• Pilot EdForceOne

This is why I love amazon... the blurays got here this afternoon

Am I evil? yes, I am

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Have you seen this box set? This is for Year 3 - So far they've done 1-4. I've got these so the deal from Amazon wasn't great for me, but I did send it to a few friends who don't have them all yet and they grabbed it.

I'm waiting to watch the movie again before writing a review... I just haven't decided if I loved it or only liked it. I felt like a LOT of it dragged on which was depressing when it ended and I realized they gave us 2/3 of the book and left SO much out. I want to watch it again and see if I have that same feeling at the end.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    This is why I love amazon... the blurays got here this afternoon
    No way ... mine says they will get here between Dec 2-7 ... which is fine as they are Xmas presents anyway.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    No way ... mine says they will get here between Dec 2-7 ... which is fine as they are Xmas presents anyway.
    Yup yup... made the purchase right before I posted in this thread I had bought it - used amazon prime for free 2 day.. and got it next day.

Prime rocks

Am I evil? yes, I am

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Part 1 was very good. As a earlier post said, even though it was part 1 of 2, it left me satisfied and yet still anticipating part 2.

The "Tale of the Three Brothers" sequence was done beautifully and
    Spoiler
    Hermione's torture scene is still giving me goosebumps. I can't stop thinking about how powerful her screams are.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Whip cracker

I thought it was good. Looking forward to Part 2.
    If adventure has a name, it must be Indiana Jones ... and Disneyland

• Rock Star Minion

Here is my list of scenes from the book missing in the movie:
    Spoiler

1. No Dursley goodbye, with extra wizards and witches as security. Especially, no Dudley "'thanks.'" DVD will apparently have a cut scene of this. Doesn't affect the plot, though.
    2. No Harry's birthday party, and Ginny's birthday gift, and Ron (not George) coming upon the scene. Not mentioned here nor in Movie 6 that they've broken up, so she can't be used as hostage. They weren't really "seeing each other" in Movie 6 anyway. Doesn't affect plot, except possibly the epilogue.
    3. No Viktor Krum at the wedding (Fleur invited him) discussing Xenophilius's pendant and why anyone should be a famous Quidditch player when all the best girls are taken.
    4. Not enough discussion about Dumbledore's past at the wedding. More might be in 7-2, when Hermione starts reading the book. Harry's wavering trust in Dumbledore is a major plot point in the book, though perhaps it's not all that important, until the late King's Cross scene. The book does contain large amounts of verbage directly from The Daily Prophet, which won't make for good movie-watching. Could have made it a talk-show-style vignette, though.
    5. No torn letter and photo in Sirius's room.
    6. No longer narrative by Kreacher about the locket, nor how Grimmauld and Kreacher are Harry's property.
    7. No Lupin story at Grimmauld, with his doubts about his new family, how he later does the right thing and thanks Harry for it over Potterwatch. During this story, Harry learns that former MoM Scrimgeour fought to his end not to reveal where Harry was. without it, we don't know which side he's on.
    8. Did Polyjuice Harry take Moody's eye?
    9. No memorial to Harry and Potters at Godric's Hollow. The Potter's house should have been charmed to look like a regular house until a wizard looked closer to see the unfixable damage to it. Plus there should have been some magical graffiti there urging Harry on. There is also a memorial in the town square (war heroes in Muggles' eyes) that changes for wizards to a Potter memorial. Easy addition.
    10. We didn't see the Dumbledore's, Kendra and Arianna's, graves in the Godric Hollow graveyard. He learns his sister had died at a young age.
    11. No LV in Godric's Hollow almost catching H&H.
    12. No recollection by LV, seen by Harry, of the Potter murders.
    13. No portrait of former Headmaster Phineus Nigellus Black, who can flit between this portrait and the one in the Headmaster's Office. He tells someone at Hogwarts that H&H are in the Forest of Dean. Revealed later in the book exactly who, but now it's going to be a lot tougher, unless the two-way mirror will be used for this.
    14. I'd like to have heard, after Ron destroys the locket, Harry say, "Ron, that wasn't me." And Ron replying, "I know. It was me."
    15. No overhearing of Dean Thomas, Ted Tonks, Griphook, and a second goblin (can't remember the name offhand) about the fake Sword of Gryffindor currently in the LeStranges vault.
    16. Ron tells them not to use the name Voldemort, as this is how he and the Death Eaters find those who are not afraid to use his name. That's how Xenophilius (lover of the unknown and foreign -- nice touch) calls the Death Eaters to his house. That's how they are supposed to be caught by Death Eaters later. That's how they were almost caught in London by Death Eaters earlier.
    17. No mural about friendship on Luna's wall.
    18. No new Quibbler edition with stories against Harry.
    19. No escape plan that exonerates Xenophilius, already noted earlier
    20. Bellatrix is righfully concerned about the Sword of Gryffindor, and how she is scared that it was taken out of her vault. We'll find out early in Movie 7-2 why.
    21. I didn't hear Griphook announcing it was a fake. Nor that Harry told him to say so. Important, IMO, to the plot, or at least to the understanding. H&H&R should have reason to suspect something is in that vault.
    22. No Wormtail death by his own silver hand, though in Movie 4, he was not warned not let his loyalty waver.
    23. No Dean Thomas in the Malfoy dungeon.
    24. No Luna talk at Dobby's funeral.

Most are not extraneous. Only a few should be there instead of an awkward dancing scene which should have ended with, "Hermione, I love you, but I don't want you to bear my children." "Same here." Or something of that sort.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Infinitized!

Finally saw it today. Very good. Can't wait for the finale.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234