•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

What Movies Should I Put On My Christmas List?

The older that I get, the harder it is to come up with a list to give my older son which lists what I'd like for Christmas. This year, I figured that I'd give him a movie list. Movies are always great to get, and quite frankly I am way behind in my movie watching.

Now I don't like anything R Rated. No monster movies for me. I like comedies, and musicals, and Disney stuff of course. Sports stories are great. Has anything came out good recently in that department?

You can see, I'm really behind in the movie department.

So do me a favor MiceChatters. What movies have you bought lately on DVD that you like? I have come up with just Toy Story 3. Beyond that I'm clueless. I need help.

• Disneyland PAP

Re: What Movies Should I Put On My Christmas List?

Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 comes out on Tuesday.

I heard How To Train Your Dragon is very good. I'm putting that on my wish list to give my family.

Otherwise, here's what I've bought recently that are new releases, in case any tickle your fancy:

Modern Times (Charlie Chaplin)
    Avatar Extended Collector's Edition
    Disney's A Christmas Carol
    Inception Briefcase Gift Set (pre-order)
    Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
    The Sound of Music
    Back to the Future Trilogy
    Road to Perdition (Rated R, but stars Paul Newman in his final acting role, not counting his voice work in Cars)
    Tombstone (Also rated R, but stars Kurt Russell who brilliantly plays Wyatt Earp in a film that just recently was mentioned he actually directed; a violent but well-done western)

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I loved How to Train Your Dragon.

The Sound of Music and Back to the Future are classics, if he hasn't already seen them too many times.

How about Remember the Titans with Denzel Washington?

A verry underrated baseball movie is "61", a very authentic and well-done movie about the 1961 Yankee season, centering on Mantle and Maris and their pursuit of Babe Ruth's home run record.

Bull Durham's great but it's a little spicy so I'm not sure about the rating. Eight Men Out, or my favorite movie, period - Field Of Dreams. You know all about Eight Men Out.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 comes out on Tuesday.
    Not this Tuesday, the following Tuesday (Nov 30) along with Sorcerer's Apprentice. I suggest getting Fantasia quick because it's supposed to be on the shelf for only a month or two - a very limited release this time.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Not this Tuesday, the following Tuesday (Nov 30) along with Sorcerer's Apprentice. I suggest getting Fantasia quick because it's supposed to be on the shelf for only a month or two - a very limited release this time.
    I guess forever is a relative term. The last time it was released, it was going away forever...Fantasia, anyway.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am looking for newer released movies. I used to go to the movies more often, but since the prices have gone up so much I do more movie watching at home. I can't believe that the Harry Potter Movie would have cost me $11 for a Friday afternoon showing at noon. However I got the senior price, because I am over 62, and that was $8.

I have all the sports movies that you mentioned Barry.

Movies seem to go from the theatre to the store shelves a lot faster than they used to, so I'd like some that I have not seen at all.

I would add Inception on your list. I think it gets released in the next weeks.

I would also add Matchpoint by Woody Allen. It's one of my favorite movies.

Waking Sleeping Beauty would also be a great choice.

I'm impressed that Sound of Music is still so popular in the US so that people buy it on DVD. I live where the movie was shot and nearly nobody knows the movie here in Austria. I spent half a year in the US and I didn't know SoM until some American friends showed us the movie.