View Poll Results: How would you rate Tangled?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 stars -- Could not be better! A real classic!

42 61.76%
  • 4 stars -- Great film. Definitely worth watching!

24 35.29%
  • 3 stars -- It was alright. I liked it.

2 2.94%
  • 2 stars -- Didn't particularly care for this one.

0 0%
  • 1 star -- One of the worst films I've seen.

0 0%
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

TANGLED - MiceChat Reviews (spoilers)

Well micechatters, Tangled has officially opened in the US of A! Participate in our poll and talk about the movie here! For the first week of release, I ask if you can use spoiler boxes when discussion specific details. I won't hold it against you if you don't, because this thread is meant to be for those who have seen it.

Discuss away! How did you like it? Did you like the trailers? Do you like the music?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Infinitized!

Re: TANGLED - MiceChat Reviews (spoilers)

I'm tempted to get in on this poll fun and start a poll for TRON. But, it's still too early. (got some good quotes for the selections)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Great Story, all around, really liked the ending.
    Spoiler
    (The entire magical hair thing was a twist that I wasn't expecting in the movie, and it really played well at the end.)
    Loved the interaction with Flynn, Rapunzel, Maximus and Pascal. Really impressed with all four of these characters. It was a good choice, for once, to not have the animals talk in this movie. And kudos to the animators of Maximus and Pascal, for being able to communicate so well, without having them talk! Pegasus used to be my favorite "horse-type character" in all Disney movies, but now, Maximus has gained top spot! I wish they would have some action figures of Maximus, instead of just the girly version with long blonde hair.

There are only two things that I was a little disappointed with, that would have gone from making Tangled a Good Disney Film, into a Great Disney Animated Film, and those were: (1) The music just was not up to the standards the Menken had established in his previous Disney Films. (2) The villain just fell a little short for what I expect from great Disney villains.

Music, only one song I really liked, "I've Got a Dream". Another song was ok, "Mother Knows Best". All the other songs were not memorable at all. And the worst of the songs was "I see the light." Menken could have, and has done MUCH better.

Villain, interesting character, but I wish they wouldn't have revealled her as the villain so soon. It would have been better if you learn about that a little later in the movie. I don't believe they went over the top enough with her character at the end of the movie. And even when she sings Mother Knows best, I wish she would have has a bit more sarcastic punches in the way she said things. And at the end, she really should have been a lot more insane (more insane Cruella type eyes). She's an ok Villain, but they missed a chance to make her even more crazy toward the latter half of the movie. The vocal work for the character just kept missing that special extra that would have made her one of the best Disney Villains. Instead it just falls short.

But overall, I really enjoyed the movie, and even though there are some things that appear to be familiar and lift things from other Disney movies and characters, Tangled does stand by it's own, and gives us another fun addition to the Disney animated film library and cast of characters.

I won't give too long of a review, but my husband and I just saw Tangeled last night. Here's what we thought. Please be advised there may be spoilers I may have not thought to be spoilers and didn't notate. Read at your own discretion.

Pros: The animation was absolutely gorgeous. Some of the scenes were breathtaking
    Spoiler
    especially when Rapunzel sees the lanterns from the boat in the I See the Light segment
    , and it was nice to see that they did more with this movie than Dreamworks. I also really loved the characters, and their interaction as well. Pascal was so adorable, though they never really explain why he lives in the tower with Rapunzel, lol. Kind of odd, but it works. I was happy to see Alan Menken's touch to the score on this one, but I agree with this not being his top notch work. Though it was still pleasant.

Cons: I didn't buy Mother Gothel as the best villan either. It was like something was missing. You never really get to understand why she is the way she is, either than being a vain old woman. But it doesn't take too much away from the movie as a whole.

I think overall, Disney is headed back in the right direction. I liked this one more than Princess and the Frog definately, but I still hope they will start producing instant classics reminiscient to the Renaissance era soon. But seeing movies like this show that there is a posssiblity for that.

• MiceChat Moderator

Yah I have more thoughts but I will comment that I did enjoy this picture more on its first viewing than I did Princess and the Frog. Perhaps it's Ron and John's comic sensibilities that disagree with me most of the time. Watching Aladdin nowadays, I can't help but feel how dated it feels. Hercules was too much of a comedy for me to take it seriously. Treasure Planet was just all wrong with the exception of the story. Little Mermaid is still their strongest work.

Tangled rises above all their latest offerings and is very entertaining. Looking forward to seeing it again.

• keep moving forward...

For being in development as long as it has, Tangled turned out great. After seeing the trailers I was afraid Disney was trying to copy the dreamworks method, but I'm happy to tell you that this was not the case. Maximus and the bar thugs had to be the best characters.

Overall, Disney did a great job with this one, Princess and the Frog and Tangled are about equal in my eyes. This really gives me hope that Disney may be headed for a third golden age, cant wait until July to see Disney's next effort. With TPATF and Tangled being the wind up, I have a feeling Pooh and freinds my start off another great age for Disney animation.

• Mark

was totally worth the wait, totally did not expect the ending to turn out the way it did. great music too

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I LOVED this movie. LOVED. I was not expecting to! Rapunzel is such a wonderful heroine! Strong, smart, independent, even for being so confined for all of her life. She was like a breath of fresh air.

I thought the villan was mean enough, but
    Spoiler
    I hated seeing a "mother" be so mean to her daughter! I liked her song the least.

I liked Ryder too. I loved the chemistry between the two and how they slowly (in such a quick time lol) learned about each other.

And I cried, hardcore
    Spoiler
    the whole time they were first in the village - I mean her parents were RIGHT THERE and she was RIGHT THERE and they didn't even know... wahhhhhh

I loved the lights song too, very fitting and relevant to different parts of life. Having the characters do the voices and sing both is a plus plus plus.

My fave part of the movie though was the humor!!! I was NOT expecting this movie to be so funny. I agree with not having the animals talk - it helped so much with the humor.

Can't wait to see it again!!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Just got back from seeing it. And I adored it. Stunning animation, good story (much better than I was expecting from the initial previews... Did I incorrectly remember her hair having its own ability to move from a preview?)...

I LOVED the way that Zachary Levi's mannerisms into Flynn's animation. Absolutely amazing.

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

I really enjoyed it!

Going in I thought I wouldn't really like it, but boy was I wrong!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I too must say that I loved this film as well. I really hope that Disney gives Nathan Greno and Byron Howard a chance to create their own movie.

• MiceChat Moderator

Saw it again for a 2nd time tonight! The first time I saw it was over a month ago so it was almost like seeing it with fresh eyes. Still enjoyed it quite a bit and it really is a gorgeous looking movie. But on second viewing, I dislike Mother Gothel even more. The way she talks with that sing-song quality, really really irks me. And her design is kind of repulsive too. All intended I know, but my stomach is doing somersaults when she's on screen and singing. Or maybe it's the lyrics that are just so... "don't be a dummy, stay with mummy" that kind of annoy me.

ANYWAY... great film. I haven't voted yet because my score is 4.5. Dunno whether to click on the 5 or click on the 4.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    ANYWAY... great film. I haven't voted yet because my score is 4.5. Dunno whether to click on the 5 or click on the 4.
    Well if your at 4.5, round up!

• King of Los Angeles

Really enjoyed this film. It didn't quite reach the Disney peaks for me, but was still enjoyable. Much like the princess and the frog, I felt like all the pieces were there, but the story was rushed. Beauty and the beast and the lion king took time to unfold and develop. The last two films could have benefitted from a little more...

• keh!

i thought it was a wonderful film! congrats WDAS for making such an achievement. i really enjoyed the story. as for the villain, i thought she was pretty funny. i liked her, but true she isn't up there among the most memorable Disney villains. her song made me laugh. i can't decide whether i like her song the best or I've Got A Dream. they were both fun to listen/watch.

i liked Maximus but after a while i think he was a little too much. enough with the aggression. yeah he changed later, but his determination was a little too fierce for me.

some of the funniest moments were when

Spoiler
    Rapunzel was going through various emotions once she was out. when she was sitting in the cave with regret, hahahaha! that was so great!

this film is a great addition to the Disney library. it feels a little more free than The Princess and The Frog. PATF felt like it fit a little TOO well...

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast