• keh!

Thumbs down Needs more Big Momma's House movies...

Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son - Movie Trailers & Clips - Rotten Tomatoes

quite possibly one of the worst things i've seen today, and this week... and probably... the entire month of November.

i saw the trailer alone, and i felt so embarrassed, thinking "oh god, i hope my dogs aren't judging me right now." there seriously aren't enough negative words in the english language, and in any other language, to describe how awful that film looks. i had to watch an Alvin and The Chipmunks trailer in order to wash out the bad taste. just give it the Razzie already.

it's OVER Martin Lawrence! Mrs. Doubtfire was YEARS ago!! there's no need to make your own footprint to compete! you're just making it on a sandy shore, it's going to be washed away in seconds you fool!

ok, rant over.

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Re: Needs more Big Momma's House movies...

The studios know that garbage like this is actually profitable. They can be made cheaply (since they are all practical effects, and not the mega-expensive CGI). There's a built-in audience for a film like this. It will do moderatly well on theaters, and sell well on DVD. Then there's the cable/ppv fees. What's more, the profits from this film will be rolled back into the studio coffers to fund the next generation of summer 'blockbusters'. The studio knows this film will drop quickly after its first two weeks, hence the February release date. It doesn't have enough pull to make it through the summer, it will open in first or second place, then languish in the top 20 for 8 weeks or so. And that's long enough to be profitable.

• Bangarang!

Re: Needs more Big Momma's House movies...

Words fail me.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney