View Poll Results: What did you think about TRON Legacy?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Bits – Phenomenal! The Flynn abides.

35 35.35%
  • 4 Bits – Awesome! Maybe bring back the TRON tunnel in Tomorrowland?

33 33.33%
  • 3 Bits – Strong enough to stay on the grid.

19 19.19%
  • 2 Bits – “What am I supposed to do?” “Survive”

6 6.06%
  • 1 Bit – This sucker should be derezzed.

6 6.06%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: TRON Legacy - MiceChat Reviews (spoilers)

One story twist that I really felt like 'what, where the heck did that come from' was..

Spoiler
    the twist when quorra said basically clu and flynn were intertwined and killing one would kill the other. WTH, where/why is that from? He's a program.. a creation. Why any different then the others? That felt really artificial to the rest of the story IMO to try to bring some fatality into it
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Senior Minion

Sorry, guys. As Tron fans since it was first released, my wife and I went with high expectations.

Afterward... well, we started reading the reviews, wondering if it was just us. The closest thing to how we felt was captured by Andrew O'Hehir's review in Salon.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Banned User

I enjoyed it. Some of the techy philosophical stuff was a little over my head. I thought the visuals were great fun, but what I really appreciated were the more human touches to it - Flynn's relationship with Sam, and, frankly, everything about Quorra. The final shots of the film brought a genuine tear to my eye. The look on Quorra's face as she saw
    Spoiler
    her first sunrise
    was simply priceless.

By the way - am I the only one who wants Bruce Boxleitner to read ANYTHING to me? The phone book, instructions to a plastic model kit, a cereal box, anything? The man's voice sounds like warm honey poured over Grape-Nuts.

The only real drawback for me, and it was a relatively small one, and they tried their best to minimize it, was the final look of younger Flynn/CLU. It....*sigh* The CGI look, unfortunately, is still there, mostly in the lower lip and jawline. *shrug* It was.....distracting, sadly. But I give them kudos for making a bold effort. Trying to make Jeff Bridges 20-30 years younger alongside his present-day self is not an easy task by any stretch of the imagination.

One last thing - did that TRONized Walt Disney Pictures logo look AWESOME or what?!?

• keh!

i enjoyed it but it did drag quite a bit. one of the things i would have done with the story/characters is

Spoiler
    instead of Zeus having that short film time, i would have bumped him to Clu's henchman. he was eccentric and entertaining enough to watch.

• Banned User

I saw the film over AMC in Downtown Disney yesterday taking a break from the rain while at Disneyland, rode a lot the key rides cuz the park was pretty much half empty. Anyway, I was debating to see it on IMAX but just walked over to AMC, and saw it in 3D. Saw just about every summer 2011 preview in 3D expect Transformers 3, grrrrrr.

Keep in mind, I did arrive into this thing with an open-mind, and was excited to see it. I thought that note before the film started about it not being entirely 3D was hilarious, then I thought to myself, what the hell? As the film started and on it's way. I just couldn't help myself, I found myself being way too critical. Mainly because I was having a sense of déjà vu all throughout the film. The intro reminded me of Christopher Nolan's style of Batman film's, from the freeway scene to Sam standing on the crane of the tallest skyscraper in the city, and jumping off Batman style or least he tried too.

By the time he's in the grid, I did highly enjoy the action scenes but why did Darth Maul come to mind when Rinzler comes into frame with his double discs to fight off Sam? As the film progressed, I like the fact it actually had a solid story but it did have plot holes but what film doesn't? Like, if Flynn, Sam & Quorra end up on a bad guy ship, won't there colored blue clothing be at all ALL noticeable being everything from the warriors to the ship colored with red highlights, etc or couldn't Clu have sensed Fylnn? And what's deal with older Flynn being like a cyber-Jesus, and his pad in the grid looking like the set from Lady Gaga's Bad Romance?

I was waiting for Gaga to rise from the pool or something, lol.

What really bothered me or just irritated me, was the younger Flynn, and Clu. It was so obvious it was a CGI character. I know am going to get a lot flack for this but at least with the aliens in Avatar, they were more realistic. Every time Clu appeared on screen, the whole illusion of the film just went out the window. It's the detail like that can destroy a film, especially if it's being billed as a technology wonder. He just didn't look real at all.

By the climax, the lightjet sequence was cool but come on, this is either a homage to Star Wars or the director couldn't think of anything original. Especially when Clu asked Flynn, "Why?" It was like the opposite of "I am your father" with a twist.

Onto the soundtrack, it was pretty average, and isn't Daft Punk's highlight of there career. Only 3 tracks stood out for me. Which were Recognizer, Derezzed, and I loved the retro electronic/new wave 80s feel of End of the Line. Other then that, I think a few people just over-hyped there sound for this film, and the acting was what I expected from a tent pole film, stale. I'm going to see this again on IMAX because the action sequences are worth while, other then Black Swan, there's really no other worth while films for the rest of the season. Tron Legacy fits the action film void, wish it could have been more but it just never evolved. On scale of 5 stars, I give it 2-1/2 but may changed by second viewing

PS the event that never came, I was expecting, and waiting for the ultimate duel that never came between Flynn & Clu. What the hell? Harrison Ford did some amazing stunt work at his age with the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, oh well back to Disneyland today.
    Last edited by JMora; 12-18-2010 at 11:51 AM.

• hi!

Quote Originally Posted by RonNYC View Post
    The film is devoid of wit and whimsy, something the first film has, and takes itself very seriously
    this was my biggest problem. the first film did take itself seriously, but the comedy was done in a way that it didn't distract from the seriousness of the movie. i felt they didn't even try to put anything funny or emotionally connecting in this film.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    The only real drawback for me, and it was a relatively small one, and they tried their best to minimize it, was the final look of younger Flynn/CLU. It....*sigh* The CGI look, unfortunately, is still there, mostly in the lower lip and jawline. *shrug* It was.....distracting, sadly. But I give them kudos for making a bold effort. Trying to make Jeff Bridges 20-30 years younger alongside his present-day self is not an easy task by any stretch of the imagination.
    agree with this as well.. the fakeness of CLU was just way too distracting.. perhaps it wouldn't be as obvious when i watch it on a non-IMAX screen..

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    One last thing - did that TRONized Walt Disney Pictures logo look AWESOME or what?!?
    this was freakishly awesome. i got chills when it first popped up
    -plagued

• Circle of Ancients

I give it 4 stars. It was pretty much everything I was expecting ... awesome effects, lots of fights and a set-up for a sequel.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JMora View Post
    PS the event that never came, I was expecting, and waiting for the ultimate duel that never came between Flynn & Clu. What the hell? Harrison Ford did some amazing stunt work at his age with the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, oh well back to Disneyland today.
    Bridges is not longer a "warrior" thats Sam's and Tron job. My friends said if Tron came and saved the day it would have been more epic (and gave him a real part in the movie as Tron) but thats what sequels are for.

I'm sure the next movie will have more Tron and Bridges since really in the first time they were the most interesting characters.....Sam was good and so was Qurra but I was never like NO SAM DONT I <3 U! Like I would for Tron, lol

• Rrrrreecite!

I didn't know what to expect going in but I was keeping up with the less than stellar reviews on RT...maybe that prepared me. I really liked the movie. The visuals were stunning and the action scenes were just amazing. Daft Punk score was phenomenal! Sam and Daddy Flynn made for a nice little story line. Clu and his Red/Orange gang were great too. I didn't like the some of the director's choices i.e. cut to dog. But all in all a good time at the movies and definitely see it in IMAX 3D (Wow!) 4/5

p.s. So true..Castle intro was sweeet!!

• Artistic integrity

I gave it a 4 out 5 ranking.

It was a solid "good" film.

Disney is obviously hinging on this being the next "Avatar" ... Sorry LOL .. ain't gonna happen.

But they got a solid "B". They'll get solid box office .. but I don't think it's going to be over-the-top -AKA- Avatar.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Clu's visuals didn't bother me at all - I thought it was perfectly fine.

Sam's acting tho - pretty flat.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Clu's visuals didn't bother me at all - I thought it was perfectly fine.
    This only bothered me a couple of times. Just a couple where it was really obvious. It's the mouth... they simply haven't gotten the complex movement of a mouth when speaking down yet.

I was incredibly impressed by CLU the rest of the time though. The fact that they are to this point is quite an achievement.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

We know it cant be too perfect if they could not reinvent Tron....the next film will hopefully be just about perfect and we won't see any different from the Tron of 30 years ago.

•   
    • Minion

I thought it was pretty sweet. I hope they make a ride of it someday I still miss the PM section

• Circle of Ancients

The only time the digital Jeff Bridges bothered me was at the beginning of the film when he was still "Flynn". I thought they were going to do the whole not show his face bit, but the little they showed was kind of weird.

As Clu, I figured since he was a digital being it was actually ok.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast