View Poll Results: What did you think about TRON Legacy?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Bits – Phenomenal! The Flynn abides.

35 35.35%
  • 4 Bits – Awesome! Maybe bring back the TRON tunnel in Tomorrowland?

33 33.33%
  • 3 Bits – Strong enough to stay on the grid.

19 19.19%
  • 2 Bits – “What am I supposed to do?” “Survive”

6 6.06%
  • 1 Bit – This sucker should be derezzed.

6 6.06%
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

• Infinitized!

TRON Legacy - MiceChat Reviews (spoilers)

It's almost here, but some have already seen it.

Discuss Tron Legacy. What did you like? What did you dislike? And how about that Daft Punk?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: TRON Legacy - MiceChat Reviews (spoilers)

I liked it, if you haven't seen the original, it's OK - everything is explained to you - you'll still follow the movie.

• I'm not really here

Haven't seen the film yet, but have the soundtrack and that Daft Punk is freaking amazing! They are really branching out and experimenting here. Can't wait to here more of them like this.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Saw an advance screening this afternoon at the IMAX. Looks terrific in 3D!

I thoroughly enjoyed the film for what it is: a sci-fi popcorn flick. Good story that is well told (well, I thought the third act fell apart some). Jeff Bridges is giving another terrific performance as both Flynn and Clu.

The film is devoid of wit and whimsy, something the first film has, and takes itself very seriously.

My expectations were high and they were met. Not a great movie by any measure but it is a highly and broadly entertaining one. I think Disney's gonna have a hit on its hands but not one of the magnitude that I'm sure the company is hoping for.

I totally got my geek on and had a great time.

I hated the original TRON, (yeah, I'm that old!) so I'm not sure if I'd actually pay to see the new TRON or wait until it came out on DVD @ the Redbox!

Honestly, I thought it was pretty good, definitely worth watching, though (without getting into spoilers) I feel like the end wasn't fulfilling. Maybe it's just me because I don't like loose ends to a movie, but I'm still not really sure what happened or if there were any loose ends. If anyone who has seen it can PM me I'd really like to clear up some questions I have about what happened lol.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I left the theater void of emotion, which is actually something I didn't expect. I was expecting to walk out with a very strong feeling of disappointment or a strong feeling of excitement. But I was met with neither.

It's not a bad film. It has some great moments. but I think there's something lacking over the entire picture. The whole thing just feels very sad and monotone. I can't really describe it. I mean... I don't know whether or not to return all the toys I bought or to buy more.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak777 View Post
    Honestly, I thought it was pretty good, definitely worth watching, though (without getting into spoilers) I feel like the end wasn't fulfilling. Maybe it's just me because I don't like loose ends to a movie, but I'm still not really sure what happened or if there were any loose ends. If anyone who has seen it can PM me I'd really like to clear up some questions I have about what happened lol.
    I actually LOVED the ending... and usually they aren't fulfilling to me lol I liked how there was redemption and sacrifice... what needed to be done happened. And there was enough of the "after" to explain without taking away from the movie's tone.

Anyway, I thought the movie was good. It's not really my type of thing, to be fair. It dragged a little bit. I did LOVE the fight scenes, esp the light cycle part. I thought some of the effects were truly amazing.

I am really confused too, a lot of the on/off grid part and programs in a computer coming to earth and even existing. But not thinking too hard about it it was enjoyable.

I am glad I won't have to pay to see it though.

And it has to be said: The guy playing Sam is HOT. Best part of the movie

(I'd like to knwo who gave it a 1 and why)
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• keh!

so is the 3D worth it? i don't expect it to be like Toy Story 3 where it's "false" 3D as some would say.

• I'm not really here

The 3D at Tron Night was very well done. Almost to the point of not realizing it was in 3D. It just looked real. Very crisp and smooth. Not gimmicky at all. The film was shot using an upgraded Fusion Pace system with Sony FX cameras (upgraded versions of what was used for Avatar).

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    so is the 3D worth it? i don't expect it to be like Toy Story 3 where it's "false" 3D as some would say.
    I don't believe Toy Story 3 was false 3D. Clash of the Titans would be.

Haven't seen it yet, but I plan to see it this weekend at AMC's Del Amo 18 in Torrance in IMAX 3D, which is where I saw Avatar. I hope it's better than Avatar which had great effects but a hackneyed story.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

I'm going 3/5, and here's why:

Spoiler

Throughout the opening with Sam, I really enjoyed the film. Hey, they even got their geeky Unix stuff right, so I give them credit for that. I liked the opening, and getting him into the grid. The Encom boardroom with Dillinger's son really setup the sequels, but hey, it provided some nice 'evil corporation' shots before Sam's big upload.

However, once he enters the grid is where the movie starts to fall apart for me, but there's three key things that made me leave the theater saddened:

ISOs - Yes, the concept of the ISOs is cool, and I knew about the subplot from the Video Game. However, in the context of the film, they made no ****ing sense. How the hell is there just randomly generated DNA in this machine from the 1980s? Okay, lets say this subplot did make sense (computer starts to process Kevin's DNA from constant leave/reentry from the portal). Only one issue with it - IT ONLY SERVED THE PURPOSE OF GETTING QUORRA IN THE REAL WORLD. It had no other plot consequences or anything else.

CLU tries to take over the world - COME ON! This is where it really did it for me. Yes, I get it - CLU created a perfect system. What's to say his trip through the portal would have even worked? Would his digital ways even work outside of the grid? I thought the only reason why Quorra could go through was her DNA-like structure...etc.

OMG SAM SHOULD HAVE JUST JUMPED IN THE PORTAL AND KILLED THE CLU PROCESS IN THE REAL WORLD SAVING KEVIN - "killall -9 clu". Instead, Kevin had to 'be the hero', and merge with CLU. At least Sam got a backup - so we can expect more Bridges in the series. (I did like the classic disc on the SIM card)

I did enjoy most of the film. These three parts really bothered me. Clearly there's no care for the computer backstory or anything anymore. That saddens me."
    -Monorail Man

• MiceChat Moderator

I went 3/5 for nearly the same reasons as you, TronorailMan but my thinking of it was a bit different and not as technical but somehow it bothered me just the same.

I saw it for a 2nd time tonight... this time on IMAX 3D and my goodness... it was way better seeing it this way. Hands down. And it was a lot better the 2nd time too. The 2nd half really does suffer a bit more but overall, this is good sci-fi and it doesn't deserve the low rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    I'm going 3/5, and here's why:
    I'll be the first to agree that Tron: Legacy doesn't hold up well under serious scrutiny, but as Ron pointed out, that's really not the point. The movie's sole purpose is to get busy on the Grid and show off some serious CG pyrotechnics--and there it absolutely delivers. For the first time ever, I was glad I sprung for an IMAX 3D ticket. This is the type of movie that IMAX was made for: eye-popping visuals and bone-rattling sound. And beyond that, I was actually pleasantly surprised to find a more cohesive storyline than I expected--certainly more than the original Tron. Legacy lacks an emotional center and could've used a greater sense of fun, but these were minor quibbles to me. In the end, it's a whiz-bang thrill ride of movie entertainment.

4/5 for me.
    Last edited by disneytim; 12-17-2010 at 03:37 AM.

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast