Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Perennial Lurker

Snow White's House for Sale: Wishing Well on the Outside, Tiki Room Inside

CurbedLA shows Snow White voice actress Adriana Caselotti's house in Larchmont Village for sale for $1.499 million. Lots of Snow White details throughout, and as Curbed states, the inside could be a Trader Vic's - or the Tiki Room. It seems like she really embraced -and lived - her role.

The story is here.

• Glitter.

Re: Snow White's House for Sale: Wishing Well on the Outside, Tiki Room Inside

Haha, I'd love to own that!

• Hooterville, USA

Her life was kinda sad after she voiced Snow White. According to her biography, Disney blacklisted her after she did Snow's voice.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Parking Lot > DCA

The interior looks awful. Yuck.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Interesting, just not what I thought would get for my mere 1.499 mil. Hey Druggas, so after she was blacklisted, what did she go on to do after that?
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Banned User

probably shouldn't be in this forum.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I like parts of that house, but I get a weird creepy vibe from it. Yeah, why was she blacklisted?

• The Original Disney Doll

Yikes! Ok, the house is serioulsy ugly. Sorry Snow.
    Yeah, I wanna why she was blacklisted too. Enquiring minds want to know.

• Herr Ducktor!

I don't think "blacklisted" is the word. More like "typecast".

And hey: it's not a bad house. Interior maybe a little dated, probably pretty cool in its day. I, for one, am glad she embraced Snow White as a part of her life, rather than growing to hate it.

Thanks for sharing this.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    Her life was kinda sad after she voiced Snow White. According to her biography, Disney blacklisted her after she did Snow's voice.
    Couldn't have been THAT blacklisted: ". In the early 1990s, when the Snow White Grotto at Disneyland was refurbished, Caselotti re-recorded "I'm Wishing" for the Snow White Wishing Well at the age of 75."

Quote Originally Posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
    Couldn't have been THAT blacklisted: ". In the early 1990s, when the Snow White Grotto at Disneyland was refurbished, Caselotti re-recorded "I'm Wishing" for the Snow White Wishing Well at the age of 75."
    Baller.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

As well as becoming a Disney Legend in 1994....
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by von Drake View Post
    And hey: it's not a bad house. Interior maybe a little dated, probably pretty cool in its day. I, for one, am glad she embraced Snow White as a part of her life, rather than growing to hate it.

Thanks for sharing this.
    The shower/bathroom is cool. I mean I like the stone shower (and I want to have a pebble bathroom when I own a home), but the rest of it... You get this sad vibe that being Snow White was the biggest thing to happen to her.... Kinda' sad.

• Hooterville, USA

According to wikipedia:

""In the mid-1930s (after a brief stint as a chorus girl at MGM), Caselotti was hired by Walt Disney in 1936 as the voice of his heroine Snow White. She was blacklisted by Disney after the film, as he did not want her to appear in any other films following Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs[citation needed]. Jack Benny specifically mentioned that he had asked Walt Disney for permission to use her on his radio show and was told, "I'm sorry, but that voice can't be used anywhere. I don't want to spoil the illusion of Snow White." She is considered a Disney Legend. The only other work she did following her premiere was an uncredited role in The Wizard of Oz, as the voice of Juliet during the Tin-Man's song, "If I Only had a Heart".
    She did, however, do a few promotional spots for Snow White, signing memorabilia. In 1973, she guest-starred on an episode of The Julie Andrews Hour saluting the music of Walt Disney, singing I'm Wishing with Julie Andrews. She also made a guest appearance on the syndicated Mike Douglas show. Later in her life, she sold autographs. She also made an attempt at an opera career. In the early 1990s, when the Snow White Grotto at Disneyland was refurbished, Caselotti re-recorded "I'm Wishing" for the Snow White Wishing Well at the age of 75.""

Not much of a career if you ask me.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• no flash photography...

sounds like doing snow white killed her career thanks to walt disney....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast