Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robots!

• Minion

Robots!

The movie opens friday but are people going to see it? I saw Ice Age and was bored to death, the animation was cruddy, the enviornments were plain, the characters weren't very interesting, oversll not a lot of good stuff.

They're advertising the movie as "more incredible than the Incredibles!" but I highly doubt that. Pixar has a flawless record that gets better with every film, Dreamworks hits and misses, while Fox just misses. A reviewer said that if the movie owes a lot to the novelty of computer animation. Otherwise it wouldn't even be worthy of primetime advertisement.

What do you think?

• Banned User

I am wondering why this (a non Disney movie) is advertised ALL OVER the disney site?

It is a fox movie, and yet Disney is pluging it like it's theirs.

I still want to see it. I think that Robin WIlliams being in it will give The Incredibles a good fight.

• Santa Barbara, CA

The director is Bill Joyce, the guy who created Rolie Polie Olie for the Disney Channel. He is an amazing artist. He loves the thirties. I saw about ten minutes of Robots at E3 and it blows Pixar away. As for the script I cannot say, but the characters, action and visuals are incredible. A new level has been reached.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

I'll be taking my 2 daughters to see it. From what Ive seen in previews, it looks pretty good. But who knows.....I could find it boring.
    Remain Seated Please..... :o

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    The director is Bill Joyce, the guy who created Rolie Polie Olie for the Disney Channel. He is an amazing artist. He loves the thirties. I saw about ten minutes of Robots at E3 and it blows Pixar away. As for the script I cannot say, but the characters, action and visuals are incredible. A new level has been reached.
    I don't know dude lol. The visuals look pretty good, but the Incredibles looked awesome. Characters seem kind of bland, they're using the whole "we've got a bunch of REALLY famous people in it!" thing. That's not always a good thing, story and character development AND good acting are the most important things in a movie, not whose starring in it. I don't want to say TOO much bad stuff about, especially since I haven't seen it, but they're making some bold claims, and the critics are exactly buying it!

• Minion

When I saw a preview months ago, it all looked so uninspired, the same still holds true for me today. That and Amanda Bynes just irritates me so much, yes it's her voice, but that's equally annoying.

• Original Mice-Chatter

hum, I enjoyed Ice Age quite a bit. I didn't find it to be any of the things you said. But then again- it's just a subjective view. I think Robots looks delightful- and I will be going.

I'm not going to compare it to Pixar- the styles are too different.

• Minion

Seems like there have been 10 reviews so far, 7 are positive, 3 aren't. Most say that while Pixar's films cater to adults AND children, Fox simply choose to cater towrds children, and that may not be a bad thing.

• Zapp's Minion :D

I'll wait for it to come out on Dvd to see it.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    I'll more than likely take my boys this weekend. They are both realllly wanting to see it. My oldest is excited due to Robin Williams being in it. My youngest is excited for the movie & then the Robot's Ice Cream at Cold Stone(hey he's only 6 )

I didn't care for Ice Age personally, so I'm hoping this is alot, alot better.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• No bacon; sausage.

This pathetic bit of marketing should tell you all you need to know about how well Fox expects this to do.

• Minion

Robin Williams is great, but I don't think he can carry the whole movie on his back!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon
    This pathetic bit of marketing should tell you all you need to know about how well Fox expects this to do.
    It's official... IT SUCKS!

• Reaver of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    I saw about ten minutes of Robots at E3 and it blows Pixar away.
    At least I'm not the only one who remembers this from E3! I saw it there, too, and it DID look good at the show. Unfortunately, it seems to have gone downhill a bit since then...

I look at the Incredibles, and how it was marketed. It's actors weren't exactly B-Listers, but you hardly saw their names at all. That movie was carried by it's story, not by it's visuals. And that's saying a lot, considering how good the visuals were. I kept forgetting I wasn't watching live action...

The reason I think this movie isn't going to be that great isn't from a lack of talent or visual prowess. I'd guess there were some processors out there with some serious headaches while rendering this film. And the actors are probably going to be good, that's a given. Where I think this movie is going to flop is that they seem to be putting too much emphasis on the visuals and the talent, and not much is left for the story... And any movie that comes out in 2005 with "Hit Me Baby... One More Time" in it should be baned, removed from the projectors and burned in the streets...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• No bacon; sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    Where I think this movie is going to flop is that they seem to be putting too much emphasis on the visuals and the talent, and not much is left for the story... And any movie that comes out in 2005 with "Hit Me Baby... One More Time" in it should be baned, removed from the projectors and burned in the streets...
    Bingo. Pixar's creedo is that story is king. Their ever-improving technology is a means to better tell the story, the story isn't an excuse for nifty technology. I don't care how good Robots looks, the clips of lines from the movie I've heard are so pedestrian and uninteresting, just like the trailers for Ice Age.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast