Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Th Hits and Misses of the Fall TV Season

I liked Night Stalker, but then it was sort of getting off the supernatural track at the end. I sort of wished I could've seen what happened though. Too bad it didn't last long enough to answer "the questions". "He who mustn't be named" was getting so close. lol

(Gee... Night Stalker sure requires a lot of "sort ofs", doesn't it?)

• Winter in Oceanside...

The only newcomer that I am really enjoying and won't miss is "How I Met Your Mother." I've watched it from the beginning and it is really starting to gel.

"My Name is Earl" and "Everybody Hates Chris" are both okay. If I catch it, fine. If I don't, oh well. "Out of Practice" is starting to grow on me, but it still isn't Must See TV for me.

I really liked the few episodes of "Prison Break" that I saw, but I feel a bit lost since I didn't watch it from the beginning. Guess there is summer reruns....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

As long as Veronica Mars holds up against Lost, and is renewed for a third season, I'll be happy.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• done

Today's Daily Variety is saying that episodes of "Threshold" are being pulled for the time being. Tonight's time slot is instead being filled by a repeat of "Criminal Minds".

And in worse news, they're also reporting that "Reunion" has been cancelled and will stop production after 13 episodes. There's speculation about whether they'll do a closing episode at the end, and there's no word on how long episodes will continue to run.

They suck.

• șoș Tom șoș

^ Not surprised everybody is trying to capture the "concept" show- Reunion was a putsy drama in a high concept format it was bound and determined to destroy itself.

The folks who will tune into watch high concept shows are looking for more than high school dramatics and the aftermath 20 years later. High concept viewers gravitate to shows like 24, Prisonbreak, Lost, Alias, Arrested Development, etc.

Treshold like-wise appeared to be nothing more than an X-Files remake, viewers are looking for singular episodic shows like CSI, Law and Order or Crossing Jordan, or they aim for episodic shows that build full season arcs or even huge sweeping arcs like Lost.

The networks are scrambling to adapt to a savier audience just look at NBC's Kidnapped idea or Fox's Heist--- coming next fall!

• done

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    The folks who will tune into watch high concept shows are looking for more than high school dramatics and the aftermath 20 years later. High concept viewers gravitate to shows like 24, Prisonbreak, Lost, Alias, Arrested Development, etc.
    I loved "Reunion", and I also watch "24" and "Lost". This season, I actually have been looking more forward to each new episode of "Reunion" than of "Lost". Of course, it didn't help the show that after 2 or 3 episodes, it went on hiatus for 3 or 4 weeks because of the baseball playoffs. No, that wouldn't kill off a show at all or make it difficult for people to get into the show.

• Minion

ORDDU: Since--in Morva--they still haven't gotten around to inventing those boxes you ducklings refer to as 'television's, my sisters and I continue to conjur up whatever we want to watch in our crystal balls. Thus far, INVASION is about the only new show we try to watch regularly.

ORWEN: Most of the time we're watching re-runs of old shows--along with LOST and CHARMED. Gotta' love any show about witches, you know.

ORGOCH: Don't lump ME in with the rest a ya time-wasters. I got me too many frogs ta ketch ta be bothered with all that rotten smut! In short, I got a REAL life!!!

ORDDU: Indeed! I'm sure you're the envy of every duckling around--who's always felt that spending most of their time in a cold, wet swamp was like a dream come true...

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

commander in chief is the only new show I like.

But my other favorites are lost, grey anatomy, medium, csi, law in order, numbers
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

• Rock Star Minion

New on the TiVo:
    1. The Office
    2. My Name is Earl
    3. Everybody Hates Chris
    4. Rome (now in hiatus)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Prefect

Blog Entries

i'm becoming more & more disappointed with TV. i didn't find one new show that i liked this season. i only watch alias, lost & the west wing, but this is alias' last season and west wing sucks now. with only lost next year, i guess i'll have a lot more time for MC!
    <o>

• done

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva
    ORWEN: Most of the time we're watching re-runs of old shows--along with LOST and CHARMED. Gotta' love any show about witches, you know.
    How are you liking "Charmed"? I'm still watching it, but only out of habit really, and most weeks, I'm not watching but just listening. I'm just thinking they need to go away, which I think is partly evidenced by their bringing on a new witch this year. I like the actress (I used to watch her in "8 Simple Rules"), but her character is fairly one-dimensional. With what happened to Leo and yet another upcoming "battle like you've never seen", I'm wondering if they're preparing for the end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12