• Banned User

Jurassic Park 4?

Cruel joke or maybe?
    Universal Denies 'Jurassic Park IV' Rumors

1/10/2011
    Kamila Kurpan

Over the weekend, the Internet was buzzing about a fourth Jurassic Park currently being in production. This is only a rumor.

The rumor started when a tourist took a photo of the Universal Studios' “Shooting Schedule.” The “Shooting Schedule” has Jurassic Park 4 filming on Stages 7, 10, 12, and 14 right after Desperate Housewives and Parenthood.

Universal has confirmed that Jurassic Park 4 is not filming nor is it anyway near production.
    Jurassic Park director Joe Johnston was last heard to be involved with the production of Captain America. Unfortunately, there is no new Jurassic Park in the making at this time.

• Jack's Posse

Re: Jurassic Park 4?

hmmmm, I wonder if it still says 'Jurassic Park '4' on that board....
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    Mike's funny. Dirty as a mud wrestling tournament, but funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    Mike Skellington: He is what everyone says is wrong with the internet generation, and I love the ******* for it!
    Mike Skellington
    My Tumblr.....Pretty Please Follow!!!!!!!!! And I'll follow you back.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

wow another person in another thread said it was not even in production yet....seems this is a joke or he was wrong.

• Banned User

Finally
    Jurassic Park Trilogy Blu-ray in 2011

Share247Posted January 12, 2011 09:43 AM by Juan Calonge

During an extended interview with French site Ecranlarge.com, Eric Legay, marketing director for Universal France, revealed some of the catalog movies that the studio intends to release on Blu-ray in 2011, which prominently include the Jurassic Park

• Banned User

Wtf?
    New Jurassic Park Trilogy Announced

January 14th, 2010 6:00pm est

Dinosaur movie franchise jurassic park is set to take another bite out of the box office - hollywood bosses are planning to bring a second trilogy to the big screen.

The original 1993 film, starring sam neill and jeff goldblum, was a massive success, grossing $914 million worldwide and spawning two sequels.

Now, nine years after jurassic park iii hit cinemas in 2001, movie bosses are planning to let the dinosaurs roam the earth once again.

And Joe Johnston, who directed the third installment, reveals a new movie will be closely followed by two more.

He tells boxoffice.com, "there is going to be a jurassic park iv. And it's going to be unlike anything you've seen. It breaks away from the first three - it's essentially the beginning of the second jurassic park trilogy. It's going to be done in a completely different way.

"If you think of the first three as a trilogy, number four would be the beginning of a second trilogy. We just want to make them justified in their own right. We don't want to make sequel after sequel just because there's a market for it. We want to tell different, interesting stories."

I'll believe it when I see it. This has been rumored, started and stopped, several times over the years. And we would know that a fourth movie was being planned far in advance of filming. It's probably just a fun thing they added to the board.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by theeighthpassenger View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it. This has been rumored, started and stopped, several times over the years. And we would know that a fourth movie was being planned far in advance of filming. It's probably just a fun thing they added to the board.
    As much as I want to see another JP film, doing another trilogy would be a stretch. I don't want to see this happen...

or

or

LOL

• Goofy

im taking a guess here. i think its going to happen. i could be wrong on this though.

I don't think there's anymore story to tell really. It would be fun but I don't think they can come up with anything as good as the first two with the same franchise.

• Banned User

Speaking of dinosaurs, just read some recent interesting articles about scientists solving the sex riddle of dinosaurs. The day of a real Jurassic Park is nearing =)

Source: Dinosaur experts have finally found a way to tell the sex of flying reptiles from 65-million-year-old fossils.

This begs the question, would you enter a real Jurassic Park?
    (rising both arms here)

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by JMora View Post
    This begs the question, would you enter a real Jurassic Park?
    (rising both arms here)
    I think I'd rather go to Disneyland where the Pirates don't eat the tourists.

• Banned User

WOW! Watch & listen as a high school guitar orchestra play the Jurassic Park theme song.
    Last edited by JMora; 02-02-2011 at 06:25 PM.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

What does that have to do with a fourth movie being made in the franchise? A high school band playing a theme song from 1993 seems a bit off topic even though this thread is about a potential sequel.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tui View Post
    What does that have to do with a fourth movie being made in the franchise? A high school band playing a theme song from 1993 seems a bit off topic even though this thread is about a potential sequel.
    Anything "connected" (joined or fastened together); "Linked" (connecting element; a tie or bond) or a family (joined or fastened together) of Jurassic Park is JURASSIC PARK! If I want post a JP related story in anything "Jurassic Park," is Jurassic Park. Least I don't post anything in WDW's 'Dino-Land,' a wana be Jurassic Park!

For all JP fans...

Jurassic Park

Exclusive First Look At Telltale's Jurassic Park

by Andrew Reiner

Pitting players against the deadliest beasts to ever walk the planet seems like the perfect blueprint for a video game, but since 1993 developers have struggled to capture the magic of Jurassic Park. Though a dozen plus games have carried the series’ iconic logo, their uninspired designs fall in line with a prehistoric Rambo fantasy more than the source material found in the Jurassic Park novels and films.

Dinosaurs are the attraction, but the heart of Jurassic Park is humankind. Our emotions and tendencies shape these stories. The best and worst of humankind are almost always on display, whether that’s someone being brave enough to put their life on the line or ravenous enough to sacrifice others for their own personal gain. These stories are built on deep character development and the hope that viewers and readers are emotionally invested with the human element long before a dinosaur emerges from the brush.

No Jurassic Park video game has explored this element. Perhaps this is why Universal Pictures, the Jurassic Park license holder, hasn’t unleashed its dinosaurs in the video game space since 2003’s Operation Genesis. Enter Telltale Games, a development studio with a reputation of making character driven adventure games. “Universal didn’t want another dinosaur shooting game,” says Joel Dreskin, Telltale’s director of marketing. “That’s something from their side that interested them in Telltale Games as a partner for the property.”

Telltale plans to create an experience identical in tone to the films. To do this, the human element must come through loud and clear. The team has studied the films and hopes to take pages from the Steven Spielberg playbook for both pacing and presentation.

Executive director Kevin Boyle understands the challenge the team has ahead. “As far as pacing goes, there are some things that are useful from the heritage of Telltale, but creating a new experience that pays off on both the slower-paced character building moments and high tension you expect from Jurassic Park is a new direction for Telltale,” he admits. “Story and character are a really important part of it. You are going to feel drama. You are going to feel tension. You’ll feel different kinds of emotions. There’s humor. Light moments. Downtime to get to like the characters. Certainly the wonder and awe of the island, and then everything breaks down to those moments of terror.”

Telltale isn’t just trying to channel the true essence of the license; it is also responsible for adding to the lore. This game is designed as a direct sequel to the first movie, addressing the plot points that weren’t followed through in the first film and never surfaced again in the sequels. For instance, what ever happened to that Barbasol can filled with embroyos that Dennis Nedry lost in the jungle?

Some of the game takes place at the same time as the film, but Boyle says you’ll experience these moments through the eyes of new characters. “We’ll see our characters kind of cobbling together and asking ‘What the hell went down here?’” Boyle says. “We’re going to pursue this MacGuffin to a new conclusion.”

Which begs the question, who are the main characters? You won’t get the chance to wear sunglasses at night with Jeff Goldbum’s character Dr. Ian Malcolm, or have an unintentionally flirtatious conversation between Dr. Alan Grant and Ellie Sattler – although most of these characters are referenced. One character you may recognize is a bit player from the first film named Gerry Harding, the chief veterinarian at Jurassic Park. You’ll also meet his daughter, as well as various people interested in that can of dinosaur embryos. The inhabitants left on Jurassic Park’s Isla Nublar will make themselves known, and odds are some of these people are smugglers and mercenaries.

Applying the Jurassic Park license to the storytelling systems Telltale has created in past games makes sense to a degree, but in our conversations with the team they kept coming back to Quantic Dreams’ Heavy Rain. “While our story is more linear than Heavy Rain, actions the player takes are reflected in the way the story is told,” Boyle says. “The choices the players make result in changes to the details of the story. Players will know we are paying attention to the decisions they make.”

Telltale is also heavily inspired by Heavy Rain’s gameplay mechanics. The team is still figuring out how actions are presented to the player, but Boyle says Telltale is approaching the task with “more focus on cinematic presentation of your interactions.” Expect plenty of investigating and looking around in the slower-paced gameplay sections, but when the tension escalates to life and death scrambling, the gameplay shifts from selecting destinations to immediate response.

It wouldn’t be Jurassic Park without velociraptors, and Telltale says they are huge nuisances. The big bad tyrannosaurus rex is also on the hunting trail. Lead designer Joe Pinney also teases another foe. “There’s a dinosaur beyond the movies – a new threat,” he says with a smile. “You’ll recognize it from its glowing eyes in the brush. It’s a nocturnal dinosaur.”

Like most of Telltale’s recent games, Jurassic Park is designed as a five-part downloadable series. The team plans to release it on PCs, Macs, and consoles.

Telltale hopes that the direction it is taking with this beloved license keeps players engaged with the characters as they are dangling from the maws of dinosaurs. The fourth Jurassic Park film has been spinning its wheels in development hell and if the game hits on all the right notes, it could be the continuation fans have been waiting for.
    Last edited by JMora; 02-02-2011 at 06:34 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Future Disney CM and WDI

I always thought that since the release of JPIII; there was always definitely going to be a JPIV; it was just a matter of when.

1. Disneyland 1997;
    2. Disneyland Resort 2008; 3. Hong Kong Disneyland 2009; 4. Disneyland Resort 2009; 5. Disneyland Resort 2010; 6. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2011; 7. Disney Cruise Lines 2011 - Disney Dream; 8. Disneyland Resort 2011; 9. Disneyland Resort 2012; 10. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2012; 11. Disney Cruise Lines 2012 - Disney Fantasy; ?. Tokyo Disney Resort; ?. Disneyland Paris