Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Man O Lantern

What are you Reading?

Instead of dragging up the previous reading thread....figured I'd just post a new one.

What are you reading lately?

I'm re-reading Wicked....on page 200 and liking it much better the second time through. Slow going last year, but this time I'm really appreciating the humor and language of the book, especially after reading two other Maguire books.

I'm also reading Philip Roth's The Plot Against America. I'm blown away by him....I wish I could bottle his fiction writing skills and make other writers drink it. He's freaking amazing. I thought he was over-hyped before, but wowza, he's really good.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Re: What are you Reading?

I'm reading Neverwhere, by Neil Gaiman. And I just finished American Gods, by the same author. I'm not as into Neverwhere as I was the other book, but I'm just a few chapters in, so I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Senior Minion

The next two on my list are "Flight: My Life in Mission Control" by Chris Kraft (former head of flight at NASA), and "Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln" by Doris Goodwin. I'm really looking forward to the Goodwin book.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Micechat

• Gay Man

I'm reading another Murikami book (and I hope I never run out). This time it is Norwegian Wood. He's really is one of the best fiction writers I've EVER read - and I read a lot.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Rereading Wicked. Fitting in Lemony Snicket 10 when I need a light read.

• And, THEN she said...

Just got done with Stephen King The Colorado Kid..Not A big fan of the Genre...Its really good if you like crime Novels..but it just wasnt my cup of tea..

• My cuties!

I just got done with Getting Over It; I couldn't get through it fast enough! Bleah! I've read MUCH better Brit Chick Lit!

I'm reading How to Meet Cute Boys next.

• Waiting for the stork

I'm currently reading Praying for Sheetrock not my usual type of book.
    But it is really interesting.

It's a non fiction novel about a small county in Georgia during the civil rights movement.

very interesting, very descriptive
    procrastibating

Just finished reading "I know This Much is True" by Wally Lamb-Unbelievable! I loved it-great book about a set of twins, one is schizophrenic and it really focuses how the one twin affects the other's entire life....amazing. Now I am reading "Flu" about the 1918 flu-terrifying!!! And next on my list is Jennifer Weiner's "Little Earthquakes."

"I'm re-reading Wicked....on page 200 and liking it much better the second time through. Slow going last year, but this time I'm really appreciating the humor and language of the book, especially after reading two other Maguire books."

I also read Wicked and liked it but liked the other three books better-I think I will reread before I read his new one "Son of a Witch" (his best one by far was "Mirror Mirror"

• Defying Gravity

I am reading The woman in white right now. I have a lot of books at home that are simply to big to fit in my bag, and since my reading time is to and from work that is a problem. I must buy a bigger handbag.
    You say Im a bitch like its a bad thing.

London BABY!!

• Infinitized!

I just finished State of Fear by Michael Crichton. Very good book although I found the start of it was a little slow. It is one of Crichton's longer novels.

I just started Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. This is the prequel to The Da Vinci Code. I already read Da Vinci - very good, and this one is turning out to be excellent as well. I highly recommend the illustrated versions of each book.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Ream of Rivals: The Political Genious of Abraham Lincoln Daptivated by him. When I worked for a congressman in Washington, I visited the area at the Capitol where his desk eas in multiple occasions, visited a chyrch that he had attended, and visted the theater where he was shot, and the nearby house that contains the room and bed that he died in. You can practically travel in his tracks.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

i just started "'smart couples finish rich" and i'm also reading "seinlanguage" by jerry seinfeld here and there. i can't read seinfeld in bed while the hubby's sleeping because i laugh so hard i wake him up!
    <o>

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

I too am re-readinng Wicked, not too far behind Stinkerbell. I might go back to the beginning since I found a really interesting theme I would like to follow a little more closely.

I read The Colorado Kid, was not really a fan of it. King was not at his best in that book, the genre is not a style he should try again. I was bored.

I am almost to the mid point on Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister. The book was hidden from me for a while (thanks kids) and I found it amongst my Dark Tower Books. Somehow there is irony in that.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast