Thread: TR3N is a go!

• Minion

TR3N is a go!

Who is excited about the next Tron movie being green-lit? What do you think the plot might be?
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: TR3N is a go!

Source?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Source?
    @Themeparkone 's twitter
    @ThemeParkOne Theme Park One
    Go for TR3N.
    Last edited by Coheteboy; 01-23-2011 at 01:19 AM.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• keh!

uh... make it better than the 2nd one? those are my hopes.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Here's a better source, posted by Jmora in the Tron Legacy thread:

Tron Legacy DVD and Blu-ray release would feature a teaser for Tron 3
    Details Of The Secret, Imminent Trailer For Tron 3, Film Presumably Set To Follow – UPDATED

Submitted by Brendon Connelly on January 22, 2011 – 7:21 pm
    Back in 2008, Disney’s plans for a Tron sequel went public when a surprise teasery concept clip was played at Comic-Con. From out of nowhere came a huge tidal wave of geek hysteria…
    And Tron: Legacy surfed that wave all the way to release, and now, it would seem, beyond.

Despite an arguably disappointing box-office showing for film 2, all signs are that a Tron threequel is on the cards. It’s not entirely clear if the film has formally been given the green light yet, but there is, remarkably, already a trailer.

I actually started to post a story on this a few nights back but, appropriately enough for a Tron story, my data seemed to get eaten by a ghost in the machine. At that time, there were just rumours of a Tron 3 teaser set for release on the DVD and Blu-ray of Legacy. Now there’s even some clear description of what this teaser entails.

You can read the full details on Aint It Cool, but I think it’s fair to say – at least after a quick SPOILER ALERT for the more delicate reader – that Cillian Murphy’s role in Legacy is likely to get expanded upon somewhat in the next picture (no surprises there). And it also sounds like we can probably expect a lot more “real world” activity than the very Grid-locked part 2.

Knowles refers to the clip as both a teaser and a DVD extra, and says that the footage was shot previous to Thanksgiving last year. He has a couple of snaps of one of the sets used (a messy office) and even attempts to quote dialogue from the promo. This thing is, astonishingly, completely real. To become a teaser for a third film, however, Disney will need to green light such a thing. Is that really about to happen? It could depend on how well received the DVD and Blu-ray are.

If this teaser is to be included on the UK discs, which we’re currently expecting to launch on April 11, then it will show up for classification at the BBFC before long. That should clarify a few details – including a title for the teaser, which could reveal the name Disney are planning for this third film. Place your bets now.

UPDATE: The plot thickens. There’s a listing on the BBFC database for something called Disc Roars. At 2 minutes and 51 seconds it’s the shortest work listed for Joseph Kosinski. The cast list given is: Jeff Bridges, Garrett Hedlund and Olivia Wilde.

Disc Roars is not showing on the official list of special features for the Tron: Legacy DVD and Blu-ray. I believe it is more than likely to be the “secret” teaser, and that Disc Roars is nothing but a smokescreen codename.

Or… it could be featurette on the sound that the light discs make. But if so, why isn’t it listed alongside the other supplements? And 2 minutes 51 sounds about perfect for a teaser like the one Harry describes.

If it is the trailer, note that the BBFC are pretty much confirming Bridges will make some kind of appearance. Nice. It would be terribly disappointing if he didn’t.

An April 11 release is reportedly scheduled for the UK version of Tron Legacy on DVD and Blu-ray, and there is no confirmed US release at this point. We’ll report more when info becomes available.

The image below is one of two sent to AICN (check there for the other) that seems to show the set for the Bruce Boxleitner and Dan Shor scene.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Infinitized!

If the 3rd will have a story line with the Dillingers, that would be cool.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    uh... make it better than the 2nd one? those are my hopes.
    would not be too hard, lol

What I got from reading articles is that Ed Dillinger (David Warner) will be back in this one, along with RAM (Dan Shor), which sounds really exciting, but what's less exciting is that we will still have the same writers and directors. Darn.

• I'm not really here

AICN has details of a preview for Tron 3 on the Legacy DVD. Scenes were already shot.
    Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Hmmm, I will have to get to posting that thread on Sci-Fi tributes in Tron Lagacy.

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.