CNBC to Air New Documentary about Mr. Disney

This Thursday evening, February 3rd, at 9 PT/ET, CNBC will air a new documentary entitled, "Walt: The Man behind the Myth."

CNBC

• Disneyland PAP

Re: CNBC to Air New Documentary about Mr. Disney

Thanks, OP. But the title's exactly the same as the DVD that was released in 2001 (here's info about it on Disney's website). I wonder if it's the same. If it is, it's definitely one not to miss for Disney fans if they've never seen it before, or were considering buying it but held off for some reason. I own it and I think I've still seen it for sale at Disneyland. I'll check the link again in a few days to see if it says if it's truly new or not. If it's new, I definitely don't wanna miss it.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    Thanks, OP. But the title's exactly the same as the DVD that was released in 2001 (here's info about it on Disney's website). I wonder if it's the same.
    It is:
    "Walt: The Man Behind the Myth" will premiere on Thursday, February 3rd at 9pm. The two hour documentary will repeat that evening at 12am.

"Walt: The Man Behind the Myth" is the definitive filmed biography of Walt Disney. Based on over 75 interviews with Walt’s closest friends and collaborators as well as leading historians, "Walt" traces the life and creative achievements of one of America’s most enduring icons in entertainment. In addition to the familiar stories of how Walt conceived of Mickey Mouse and created the first feature-length animated cartoon with "Snow White," the film also reveals the lesser-known saga of how the studio faced near-bankruptcy in the wake of a strike and World War II; how Walt skimped and saved, and even cashed in his family's life insurance, in order to finance the early development of Disneyland; how the Disney Studio broke the Hollywood taboo of early television; and how, in his final days, Walt was fully devoted to building a city of the future near what is today Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida.

"Walt: The Man Behind the Myth" is a production of Pantheon Studios, Inc. for the Walt Disney Family Foundation.
    News Headlines
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Minion

I think this is the same 1991 documentary, produced by Diane Disney Miller, that is on the DVD - - and that was shown on network television for Walt's 100th birthday. Well worth seeing.

• Refugee from a island

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    I think this is the same 1991 documentary, produced by Diane Disney Miller, that is on the DVD - - and that was shown on network television for Walt's 100th birthday. Well worth seeing.
    Agreed, I have two copies. One I bought years ago, and I brought at the Walt Disney Family Museum last year. I haven't watch both of them in awhile, but I think the one sold at the Museum has some updated editing and interviews.

Either way, it's great to see Walt still getting attention for a remarkable life, and his contributions to live we all live today.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I love it and own it on DVD