Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Ex-Marvel stockholder

Blog Entries

Re: Disney to start targeting new borns while they are still in the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    If they dont allow disney into the hospitals then they should ban pampers , huggies gerbers, carters etc from giving out free stuff
    Most hospitals give out a free sample bag to every new born, so to a certian extent when a baby is born they and the family are introduced to the multi billion dollar industry of baby stuff...
    If Disney is out all should not be allowed... There is no harm to disney being allowed in
    This.

As soon as you know you're going to have a kid, you're inundated with companies trying to get you to sign up for this and buy that and, usually, you get a diaper bag from the hospital filled with samples and pamphlets. Frankly, I'm surprised Disney hasn't jumped on this sooner.

Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. - Mark Twain
    The Adventures of the Gonzo Family and the Diminishing Bank Account
    The Adventures of the Gonzo Family and the Temple of the Defaulted Loan

Shameless plug: I have a Band and You can buy our music at
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/zom...er/id514847110

My son was born 30 years ago, and even then we were pushed into signing up for a movie camera program (yeah, no cam corders yet ) and Johnson and Johnson baby toys. Not much different than today.

• Goofy

that is too crazy.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Crazy.....they got into my head when I was young....and now I see there movies and eat there very bad food...good Job Disney no one Brainwashes people like you

well said. they are going overboard with this.

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    well said. they are going overboard with this.
    Yes how dare Disney produce things and try to get people to like it and buy it!!!??? What kind of business are they anyway daring to try to make profit??? (/sarcasm)

• 1 of 5DQ

I don't know what to think about this... While it is nice to hand out a "freebie" to new parents, there is something almost "stalkerish" about being there waiting for the baby to be born for the sake of marketing and merchandise.

I have to think about this one...

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    If they dont allow disney into the hospitals then they should ban pampers , huggies gerbers, carters etc from giving out free stuff...
    Exactly. When my kids were born (here in Orange County), we got gift packages of diapers from Pampers, free onesies from Carters, free baby food from Gerber, and a few other free items from various baby-oriented companies. This isn't any different, and IMO, it's certainly not newsworthy.

• Not on the Jedi Council

Can't any moment in life not be an occasion to merchandise? Tacky.

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJ View Post
    Can't any moment in life not be an occasion to merchandise? Tacky.
    A couple of things:

1 - Disney can't be blamed for this, given the fact that dozens of other manufacturers have done this long before Disney. So if it's tacky, then they're all tacky, and not Disney alone.
    2 - I don't know any parents of newborns who have objected.
    3 - This isn't newsworthy in any way, shape, or form. Why it's getting print time is beyond me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12