Disney Teakettle Breaks!

Not sure if this is the right location (I'm a bit new posting on this site), but I have a scary story and question about a Disney Parks Product, the Chef Mickey Teakettle.

My mom recently had a horrifying experience with this teakettle. After boiling some water, she was carrying it to the sink when the handle broke off and the whole kettle crashed to the ground. The only thing that saved her legs and feet from being scalded were her pants and shoes (thank goodness it's winter in Minnesota).

She filed a complaint with the CSPC, but wants to send the broken kettle to Disney. They need to up their safety standards with all of their products (this one was from Taiwan). Does anyone know where to send this complaint to get some results? Thanks all and be careful with those Disney Teakettles!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: Disney Teakettle Breaks!

Did you contact the Disney Store? That would be the first place I would complain to.

Glad she wasn't injured!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Is this the teakettle? I'm guessing so since my wife has the matching apron. If so then yes I would contact the Disney Store since it is a product they carry. If it was bought from some other store I would start there. Best of luck, and like NeverNeverland said, "Glad she wasn't injured!"

Name:  400148480113[1].jpg
Views: 158
Size:  50.0 KB

More info here: ''Best of Mickey'' Mickey Mouse Tea Kettle | Kitchen Essentials | ProductDetailPage | Disney Store
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Here's what it looks like...

http://www.laughingplacestore.com/im...16_175_300.jpg

And here's an update. After getting a case number from the CSPC, my mom called the Disney consumer line and did get connected with a claims adjuster, Barbie, at Disney World. Barbie told my mom to send them the teakettle using a UPS sticker that she would send via email. We don't have any UPS drop off sites near us, so Barbie said to just flag down a truck (insert picture of my mom running down the street...). When asked if she would hear back about this issue, Barbie said that she could add that to her claim, as if it were a surprise that she'd want to know! Finally, as an offer of compensation for all her trouble, my mom was told she could get free shipping on any Disney Parks item she found online (seeing as she didn't want another teakettle).

Needless to say, my mom was so disappointed that Disney just didn't seem to care that their products are dangerous and could cause serious injury. I'll think twice before buying any Disney product with possible safety concerns in the future. Maybe they should offer fewer products at a slightly higher price that are actually quality? I know I'd happily pay to know my family is safe!