• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Talking An all new - Winnie The Pooh - in theaters July 15, 2011

There are very few films of my early childhood that I can remember well, and fewer still that retain a special spot in my heart. Of those, one that stands out is Winnie the Pooh. For many years of my youth, Pooh and his melancholy friend Eeyore held court atop the spare pillow on my bed. One day, Eeyore's tail went missing. I tied a shoelace to his rump and pretended that all was well. To this day, I wonder about my beloved pals and where they might have ended up.

When I heard that Disney was preparing to return Winnie the Pooh to the big screen, I was worried. Would they try to do it with CGI or puppets? Would they forever ruin the fond memories that I had of my dear friends? When the first trailer hit the air, I knew that Disney had taken the golden path with this film.

The all new tale is
    Inspired by five stories from A.A. Milne’s books and will thankfully be animated in the classic hand-drawn style. “Winnie the Pooh” reunites us and introduces a whole new generation to the hunny-loving, philosophical bear and his friends Eeyore, Tigger, Rabbit, Piglet and Owl in a quest to save Christopher Robin from an imaginary culprit. And I'm told that, just like my own Eeyore, the film will explore the loss of Eeyore's tail. I cried just a little bit when I heard that. So many memories.

The expected release date is July 15, 2011.

Narrator: John CleeseVoice Cast: Jim Cummings, Craig Ferguson, Tom Kenny, Travis Oates, Bud Luckey

Directors: Stephen Anderson, Don Hall
    Producer: Peter Del Vecho
    Score Composer: Henry Jackman
    Lyrics by: Bobby Lopez , Kristen Lopez

This will be the first big-screen Pooh adventure from Disney animation in more than 35 years.

A.A. Milne (1882-1956), wrote just two books and several poems about Winnie the Pooh and Christopher Robin (named after Milne’s son). The books are actually collections of stories, five of which were used as inspiration in the new film. Filmmakers visited Ashdown Forest where Milne wrote the books and where the real Christopher Robin spent his summer vacations.Tony Award-winning songwriter Bobby Lopez, and his wife Kristen, wrote the seven new songs for Pooh and his pals, including “A Pooh Bear Takes Care of His Tummy,” “A Very Important Thing To Do,” “Everything Is Honey” and “The Winner Song.”

The video trailer for the film is charming and I'm really looking forward to seeing my old friends again:

So far, so good. I'll try to keep this thread updated with new photos and info as they become available. Please chime in with your own thoughts about the film and any info you might find.

-Dusty
    Last edited by Dustysage; 02-11-2011 at 03:46 PM.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Re: An all new - Winnie The Pooh - in theaters July 15, 2011

Thanks for posting that up Dusty. It looks really amazing and I look forward to it very much. I also liked your thoughts regarding it. I've never noticed how deep you were right there man.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I seriously can't wait for this. Tigger is my all-time favorite Disney character... has been since I was a little kid. I absolutely love the old Pooh films from the 60's. Seeing this new one is going to be in the style of the old ones just brings tears to my eyes.

• Koubu Pilot

Just the other night I decided to watch Roseanne on Netflix and watched the Disney World War II episode. If you don't remember, ABC had a bunch of different shows like Family Matters, Full House, etc do location episodes at WDW. Darlene refuses to go on any rides and would rather sit on a park bench until DJ and David convince her to let them go on rides. While waiting near Dumbo in Fantasyland, Pooh comes up to Darlene. Even Darlene makes Pooh depressed, but then she decided to go easy on him since Winnie the Pooh was the first book she ever read and gave him a hug. Darlene loses herself when she realized she's hugging Pooh. She grabs his hand and drags him off to ride Space Mountain. The episode had the Conners ending their day in EPCOT and it appears Darlene had Pooh with her the rest of the day (meanwhile, Mark is jealous as he thinks Goofy is hitting on Becky).

• Vroom, vroom!

Hate to admit loving these characters, but I do.
    Im 23, and I do get made fun of how much I loved it as a kid, and I still have a secret soft spot for pooh and friends. I would watch this in the theater if I had little kids to take, but I dont. So Ill probably wind up renting it on dvd... Its not the same though.
    (I just feel creepy seeing a cartoon in the theater.)
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

I can't wait to see this, for some reason I don't remember Pooh as a kid, but I love Pooh and friends, they to me now are classic Disney. I am so relieved and excited that they are making this with hand drawing animation not CGI. This will be a must see, for me all my daycare kids this summer.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I'm putting my vote on this being Animated Feature of the year...this movie will be charming, funny and heart warming....while Cars 2 is more about action and we'll merchandise. The first Trailer was great and they have not even shown Rabbits Cousins that appear in the move yet (they're suppose to be really funny or t least that's what they told us at D23)

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

The first of the Pooh movie posters has been spotted:

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I love the new poster. It is a sort of simplicity that has not been seen from The Walt Disney Company in far too long. I recently read the free copy of Winnie-the-Pooh included in iBooks and it just got me even more excited. This is the summer film I am looking forward to the most.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    The first of the Pooh movie posters has been spotted:

Dusty, it's actually the third in the series of teaser posters. All three can be seen at:
    http://micechat.com/forums/news/1462...15-2011-a.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Rock The World

I've seen the movie! My wife surprised me for my birthday with a trip to the British Film Institute's centre on London's South Bank. They're holding a year-long celebration called "The Disney 50", showcasing every single Disney animated movie, from Snow White to Tangled, and this week was something special: a preview screening of the new Winnie the Pooh movie, followed by a Q&A with the film's creators.

Now I'm not a huge Pooh fan. I read and enjoyed the books when I was very young, and I can remember watching the original Disney movie when I was about 10 but, beyond that, Pooh and firends have always seemed more of a marketing exercise than anything else. (The recent TV series and movies haven't really helped that image). So I was really pleasantly surprised by this new film. It's warm, witty, charming and genuinely funny in places. It really plays with the idea of living storybook illustrations and feels like a movie from another era. This was helped by its gentle, steady pacing. It's hard to believe this was in production at the same time as Tangled!

It's also got some great (if fleeting) musical numbers that are actually catchier than Menken's work on Tangled (which I found a tad disappointing), particularly the opening number, "A Pooh Bear Looks After His Tummy" and the big group number, "The Backsun!". This last one features some great chalk-effect animation.

All in all, I think this is a great little movie that sits very comfortably next to the original. It's even prompted me to go back and re-read A.A. Milne's original stories, which is no bad thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk