• Minion

Disney announces DisneyToon Studios Planes

Coming 2013, direct to DVD/BR, Disney has announced a Cars spin off, Planes.

Synopsis:

PLANES takes off with an international cast of the fastest air racers around, in a comedy packed with action and adventure starring Dusty, a small town dreamer who longs to enter the most epic around-the-world air race despite his fear of heights. With the help and support of a fleet of new and hilarious characters, Dusty wings his way into the biggest challenge of his life.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Disney announces Pixar's Planes

could be good....kinda sucks they'd have Pixar do a direct to DVD movie...seems like a waste of time....I'm sure everyone rather see Incredibles 2 first

• Minion

True. And it especially goes against the grain as Iger and JL did say they were going to move away from direct-to-DVD.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

^ title is incorrect, the upcoming film is being produced by DisneyToon Studios (same home as the Tinkerbell series) not Pixar:

The DisneyToon Studios press release:

The sky's the limit as DisneyToon Studios proudly announces PLANES – a spectacular, full-length CG animated comedy action adventure movie for everyone set high above the world of CARS. PLANES will introduce an entirely original and hilarious crew of daredevils from every corner of the globe and draws inspiration from the immensely popular Disney•Pixar’s CARS world. PLANES will arrive on Blu-ray™ and DVD in Spring 2013.

“We had such a great time exploring the world of ‘Cars’ over the course of two films, so it seemed only natural for us to see where our imaginations would take us in a film where planes were the main characters. By expanding the Cars world, ‘Planes’ gave us a whole new set of fun-filled situations and a great opportunity to introduce some fantastic new characters,” commented John Lasseter, Chief Creative Officer, Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios. “The team at DisneyToon Studios has done such an amazing job creating a heartfelt story filled with great comedy, adventure, and emotion. I know audiences are going to love taking off into the wild blue yonder with these daredevil characters, as they experience a whole new kind of animated adventure.”

PLANES takes off with an international cast of the fastest air racers around, in a comedy packed with action and adventure starring Dusty, a small town dreamer who longs to enter the most epic around-the-world air race … despite his fear of heights. With the help and support of a fleet of new and hilarious characters, Dusty wings his way into the biggest challenge of his life.

Fasten your seatbelt as more information on PLANES will be arriving shortly.

"If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Minion

Well can a mod please change the title?

Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

OHHHHH this makes soooo much more sense knowing Disney Toon Studio's are doing this film..I'm glad to hear it they made some "good" movies/series back in the 90's