Thread: Why Walt?

• Vroom, vroom!

Post Why Walt?

Yes, That is the question that most people put past me, when they ask who my Idol is, Who I look up to, etc..
    I always say Walt Disney, and they say, Why Walt?
    Simply put he was a person with the same kind of back ground that I have in common with,

He, like I grew up in what is considered to be poverty,and moved to, and lived in several towns in his youth, but only considers one to be his home town.
    While I wish to say that I have his strong ethics for work, I can also say I strive to.
    He was the kind of person that was ahead of his time, but at the same time to be ahead, meant that he was an innovative person, laying down the foundation for others to follow.
    He was a creative person, that had brilliant Ideas and a good talent of the pen and brush in his youth.

And yet, I look at how things are today and I wonder, if he did not exist then, and he tried to make it now, what kind of chance would he have?
    Well, Lets say that he had his most famous character, he was going to introduce to us all Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, or even Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.
    Odds are, if he were starting to introduce us to them today in the here and now, It would be on deviant art, or Newgrounds as flash cartoons, and he would get labeled a furry, and never make it outside of that...
    Today, his chances would have been none I am afraid.
    I believe, that his case, of success, was a once in a life time success. Never to be duplicated in the same field(s) Twice.
    Without this person, I would not have the feelings that I do about certain things, He introduced me, not in person of coarse, But Through his films, Art, animation, Classical Music, Humor, Nature, Wild Animals, Great Adventure, And Sadness.

There are not too many people that I feel a connection to, Sometimes I wonder if there is some sort of link between him and I, or He and all of the others that respect him.
    He made his own land, a magic kingdom of his own dreams, a feat that none of us could ever hope to come close to replicate.

He innovated the world of animation, and brought to us the idea of story in animation.
    Yes I truly feel that it would be a sad world if he never existed, but even worse if he was not ahead of his time, Or born in the right time later.

And so, on the days when I feel frustrated, and I am writing my story, and I feel trapped, and that I have no hope and should fold in and quit, I think about all the things that Walt was up against, and how he was poor once too, probably worse than I am now, and I wonder.. What would he have done?

What more inspiration would you need?

Tell me your stories, on Why Walt.
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

• Vroom, vroom!

Re: Why Walt?

No replies?
    Oh well... Maybe someone will soon.
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Why Walt?

Walt did things no one else can, he made a new Movie Genre, made one the best theme park ever, and just changed the whole world as we know it. I would be a completely different person if Walt was never around and I'm sure many other would be the same.