• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'Jungle Cruise' Tom Hanks, Tim Allen set sail

Tom Hanks, Tim Allen
    Teaming Up
    for Live-Action
    'Jungle Cruise' Film

Tom Hanks and Tim Allen, who voice-starred together in Disney’s Toy Story movies, are teaming up for another Disney project, Jungle Cruise.

The two are attached to star in the live-action adaptation of the Disney theme park ride, being produced by Mandeville’s David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman, riding high as part of the producing team behind The Fighter.

Roger S. H. Schulman has been hired to write a new draft of the script for the long-in-development project.

The story’s details are being kept under wraps, but Disney is planning Cruise as a big action-adventure movie with unique aspects that will make it more than just a straight-up adventure.

Hanks is attached to play a family guy while Allen would play a tour boat captain.

The moviemakers plan on having a script completed before going out to directors.

Schulman, repped by Paradigm and Rain Management, worked on Shrek and many of Disney’s straight-to-DVD slate including Mulan 2, Jungle Book 2 and The Fox and the Hound 2.
    Tom Hanks, Tim Allen Teaming Up for Live-Action 'Jungle Cruise' Film - Heat Vision

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: 'Jungle Cruise' Tom Hanks, Tim Allen set sail

I'm soo happy Seth Rogan is not going to be in the film!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

They need a younger attractive male in one of the lead roles. And with Hanks acting as a dad, this just smells like Eddie Murphy's Haunted Mansion . . . . I'm not overly excited about their choice.

• Banned User

Tom Hanks is 54 years old. That's, uh, a tad on the high side to be playing the American Everyman Dad character, no? Grandpa, maybe. But Dad?

Watch, the Mom character will be played by some 20-something starlet. And the kid will be like, 5 years younger than Mom.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Oh boy. Looks like the same sort of casting mistake that sunk the Eddie Murphy version of the Haunted Mansion movie.

I'm happy to see them making a Jungle Cruise movie, but not with these two aging actors in the key roles.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Just Engaged!

Oh, so a Gilligan's Island movie.
    Great.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Oh boy. Looks like the same sort of casting mistake that sunk the Eddie Murphy version of the Haunted Mansion movie.

I'm happy to see them making a Jungle Cruise movie, but not with these two aging actors in the key roles.
    I'm with you, Dusty. It all feels like another cheap marketing ploy to plaster the name Toy Story on something :/

"From the two guys that brought you Toy Story, comes the buddy tale about a father and a skipper..."

Yuck. I wonder what happened to the original script? Maybe Disney felt it was too dramatic :/

Whoa people. Lets all relax. "It will be alright" disney wont pull another murphy like movie.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I for one am happy that these "aging actors" have been cast! (this from an "aging" MiceChatter). I love these two actors a lot and am excited to see what they will do with this project. Not every movie has to have hip, young actors playing lead roles.

I love these actors too! At least we are guaranteed a good performance!! They could have cast a Joe Bro or something hideous like that!!
    Well Gawrsh!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    Tom Hanks is 54 years old. That's, uh, a tad on the high side to be playing the American Everyman Dad character, no? Grandpa, maybe. But Dad?

Watch, the Mom character will be played by some 20-something starlet. And the kid will be like, 5 years younger than Mom.
    My dads about that age.....seems to me most parents of teens/kids can be 30-50 plus he is an actor I'm sure he is comfortable acting as a father......I really think non of you have seen Tom Hanks acting he's pretty damn good in about everything from Angles and Demons, to Toy Story, Forest Gump, Saving Private Ryan and Cast Away....
    I say we wait to see a trailer before we hate this....also I don't remember hearing anyone giving Jeff Bridges this much crap and he's old and did fine in the new Tron movie (at least his acting was good maybe not the movie)

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    When I turn 54, I'll have a 12 year old kid. 54 year olds can play dads.
    Fight On! Beat the Huskers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Senior Minion

Where's Tim Conway and Don Knotts when you need 'em?
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Goofy

thats great. i can't wait to see that movie. those guys are great actors especially in toy story trilogys. so looking foward to it.

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Wow. Why do we hate older people now?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast