Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Star Wars saga 3D

If you haven't heard, it's been officially announced.
    'Star Wars' 3D coming to theaters in early 2012

by Don Reisinger
    The creator of "Star Wars," George Lucas.

"Star Wars" will be entering the third dimension in less than a year, Lucasfilm and Twentieth Century Fox have revealed.

The studios announced yesterday that "Star Wars: Episode 1 The Phantom Menace" will be coming to theaters on February 10 in all its 3D glory. Purists will be happy to hear that Lucasfilm is guaranteeing that the conversion to 3D is "being done with utmost respect for the source material, and with a keen eye for both technological considerations and artistic intentions."

Lucasfilm first announced its intention to bring the "Star Wars" saga to 3D back in September. The studio is expected to release the films in chronological order, thus its decision to start with Episode 1. The films are slated to be released in each subsequent year. So, if Lucasfilm can keep to that schedule, you should be finding yourself watching the movies in 3D through 2018.

If you need a "Star Wars" fix sooner than that, Lucasfilm and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will launch the complete saga on Blu-ray on September 27. The films are coming in a 9-disc set and feature over 30 hours of special features. The box set sports a retail price of $139.99, but savvy shoppers can nab it on Amazon.com for $89.99.
    'Star Wars' 3D coming to theaters in early 2012 | The Digital Home - CNET News

Since it was kinda agonizing sitting through the re-releases some time ago, I'm going to sit out of this re-re--release, etc this time =)
    Last edited by JMora; 03-04-2011 at 06:17 PM.

• far, far away from DL

Re: Star Wars saga 3D

I want to see the Darth Maul duel in 3D. So I guess I will have to sit through it and listen to Anakin whine.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I'll wait until 2016 when "A New Hope" is out. But it would be pretty tempting to see the Podrace in 3D...AWWW!!! Screw it- I'll see this.

• Banned User

People are buying tickets just to see this trailer already

• Banned User

Related

Last edited by JMora; 03-07-2011 at 11:52 AM.

• Banned User

I would see this version in 3D =)

• FastPass n00b

Just let me know when the true *originals* are released again... the ones without George Lucas' many "improvements" over the past 14 years.

• Minion

Dear George Lucas,

In a magic world where you haven't run out of ideas... this wouldn't be happening, but sadly, you seem bound and determined to continue to rerelease these films OVER AND OVER AND OVER. I grew up in the 70s, so I was a Star Wars kid of the orginal variety, and when they came out on VHS, I bought the first ones...then you rereleased them in WIDESCREEN...and then again in Widescreen and THX... and we all bought them again... Then you tweak them and rereleased them to the theaters... we went. It was cool to see them, even if you screwed up the Han Solo shooting first thing, and then...FINALLY, they came out on DVD. Sadly, they were only the digitally tweaked ones, and you insisted that you would ONLY release DVDs of those versions. So, we caved, and bought them, better than our dusty copies of VHS tapes. And then... DAMN IF YOU DIDN'T rerelease versions that included the orginals on DVD... YOU KNEW WE HAD TO HAVE THEM... EVEN though you swore you wouldn't release those.

Then came the prequels. and now....3D. GEORGE... MAKE SOMETHING NEW. These stories have been told and retold now MANY times, and all by YOU. Stop it. We can't take it anymore. Remake Willow or something, but stop it with this stuff.

Sincerely,

an exhausted and frustrated fan

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^like Indy 4 he's out of idea' he should just put money into Movies/TV shows and let the new generation of film makers go out and make the next Star Wars....

• I'm not really here

I'll go see the Phantom Menace since I didn't get to see that one in theaters as I was in an incredibly little town in Brazil at the time.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Tech-wise i'm sure the 3D conversion will be great. Special Effects of Star Wars are still amazing OT or PT. Lucas is a master at making anything but good screenplays and as of late, stories so i'm giving the saga in 3D a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by JMora View Post
    Purists will be happy to hear that Lucasfilm is guaranteeing that the conversion to 3D is "being done with utmost respect for the source material, and with a keen eye for both technological considerations and artistic intentions."
    Definitely excited for any 3D Star Wars, but LOLZ @ the artistic intentions.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JMora View Post
    I would see this version in 3D =)
    I love this. I thought it was - DUH! WINNING!

•   
    • Minion

I will go see it just because I love Star Wars the brand. As far as these being the, "being done with utmost respect for the source material, and with a keen eye for both technological considerations and artistic intentions." I bet Greedo will still shoot first

• Workin to live,lovin life

I'll have to pass. A. I don't care for 3D. B. Lucas is milking this beyond belief. C. Lucas should have let others direct Ep. 1-3 and I have deleted them from my brain, just like Matrix 2 & 3 and Pirates 2 & 3. Oh and D. I love Star Wars as much as the next person, but I don't like the constant "re-do's". Green Screen and CGI don't automatically make a movie better George.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast