View Poll Results: Do you like the new Disney Hawaiian Resort

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 100.00%
  • No

0 0%

• Toad Hall

Talking Video of Disneys Hawaii Resort Aulani. Shows The pool area.

Looks very cool to me. I like the whole Polynesian themes with the canoes and the big volcano that connects to the pool. Another Disney masterpiece. What do you guys think about it.

YouTube - Waikolohe Valley Takes Shape at Aulani
    Last edited by Dustysage; 03-29-2011 at 01:55 PM.
    <font size=4> </font>

Re: Video of Disneys Hawaii Resort Aulani. Shows The pool area.

The architecture isn't terribly creative. What exactly makes this hotel Disney?

Coconut Wireless on Flickr has lots of photos of the hotel and often adds new ones if you want the latest progress: Flickr: coconut wireless' Photostream

Since the original post asked our opinions, this is my take on the hotel: The central landscaping/pool/lazy river area & the lobby are looking to be an A+, up there with the very best Disney (or anyone else) has done.

My criticism, which is the exact same criticism I have for Animal Kingdom Lodge, is that the room wings (which make of up the visible majority of the hotel) seem to be more of an afterthought and aren't on the same level of execution as the lobby and recreation areas. While they do have nice thematic elements such as the wooden beams, rope bindings, "thatched" rooflets and geometric murals, it's not quite the same as Disney's Wilderness Lodge, the TDS Mira Costa, the Beach Club, DLP Hotel and a handful of the other greats, where the architectural excellence is consistent throughout the entire resort building and grounds.

It would not be easy (or inexpensive) to do this one a 15+ story hotel, but aesthetically, I think Aulani's dressed up, but somewhat standard, hotel wings, keeps it from reaching the heights of a Wilderness Lodge or a MiraCosta, from an aesthetic standpoint.

Lobby, Grounds, Pool Area: looking A+
    Hotel Towers: B

As a whole it will still be among the best large-scale hotels in Hawaii, if not the best (not counting the small-scale, ultra deluxe resorts). The pool area looks like it could be one of the best hotel pools in the world, vying with Stormalong Bay, Atlantis (in Dubai, Bahamas) and a few others.
    Last edited by RandySavage; 03-22-2011 at 12:22 PM.

• Minion

omg im going next month and staying next door at marriot ill get pics and post them but Imo i dont like it that much all the hotels around the area are nice and luxurious but this hotel breaks the theme of the koolina area imo the other hotels have like 300-400 rooms each this thing has to many rooms and the beach will become crowd and not paradise like imo

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael808702 View Post
    omg im going next month and staying next door at marriot ill get pics and post them but Imo i dont like it that much all the hotels around the area are nice and luxurious but this hotel breaks the theme of the koolina area imo the other hotels have like 300-400 rooms each this thing has to many rooms and the beach will become crowd and not paradise like imo
    Looking forward to seeing your photos of the Disney property. They are giving DVC tours to people who book them in advance. Might be worth your time.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,