• Banned User

Mickey Mouse getting a feature film?

Full Length Mickey Mouse Movie In Development

By Mike Lee • March 24, 2011
    http://www.fusedfilm.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/MDG-389x300.jpg
    Despite all the feature length videos, T.V. series, video games, toys, and other merchandise, Mickey Mouse never got a theatrical treatment. That could be a thing of the past if it successfully goes through an intense screening process.

Bleeding Cool spoke to Disney veteran Burny Mattinson, who is serving as supervising story artist for the upcoming Winnie the Pooh, about a potential film for Disney’s most iconic character.
    I am working on just an idea of my own which is basically a Mickey, Donald, Goofy feature film idea. We have to present it first to the bosses to get the green light.
    It would be nice to finally see the Mouse get the movie he rightfully deserves. The film would most likely be a very low-key like the upcoming Winnie The Pooh, unlike a high stakes adventure like The Princess and The Frog. Even then the film needs to go through a screening process that includes preliminary pitches, complete with artwork, before they are presented to the studio for approval. Then the film goes through a period of “active development”, months filled with intense storyboarding, reworking and design. Then, a second green light is needed before actual production begins.

So I am crossing my fingers that everything goes through the preliminary process and this film actually gets made.
    Source(s): Full Length Mickey Mouse Movie In Development || FusedFilm.com
    Feature Length Film Starring Mickey, Donald and Goofy Being Developed at Disney
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 03-25-2011 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Hotlinked image

• I'm not really here

Re: Mickey Mouse getting a feature film?

That would be fabulous news. Mickey has been lacking from the theatrical world. Used to at least have shorts. A full length feature would be so cool!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Very interesting indeed, and curious to see what script/action such would be. Over the years, Mickey has been toned down since came to symbolize the company: he was much feistier when Ub Iwerks and others handled him in the 20's and 30's. In recent cartoons been more reactive, and some animators describe him as being limited in terms of what can get up to (hence having Donald and Goofy along for broader action or more 'aggressive' material).
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Very interesting indeed, and curious to see what script/action such would be. Over the years, Mickey has been toned down since came to symbolize the company: he was much feistier when Ub Iwerks and others handled him in the 20's and 30's. In recent cartoons been more reactive, and some animators describe him as being limited in terms of what can get up to (hence having Donald and Goofy along for broader action or more 'aggressive' material).
    It's sad. He went from kind of being a bit of a rebellious teenager to a settled adult living in the suburbs. Epic Mickey brought back a bit of that feisty nature. I hope they work with that. He was always very loyal to his pals, but he was never above some pranks either.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I hope so, I miss the old Cartoons there were some really good cartoons but the last good cartoon Mickey was in was Runaway Brain (one of my favorites too), If they can make it as funny as the Goody Movie and have some good songs then I'm all aboard for a movie with the classic Disney Gang.

• Minion

I'm hoping for a Gottfredson inspired adventure, preferably using the Phantom Blot
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki