Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Minion

Re: First Look at Brave

ORDDU: Why, Evening Star, duckling! Didn't we just have a nice little chat over in the Laughing Place Pond earlier this evening? How nice to see you again! Thank you for putting up some pictures for us to look at.

• Gooseberries and Apples

Today is my day to trawl the Disney boards it seems. I wouldn't have posted here, but I was struck by the similarities to Rossetti in those posted pictures.

The bright cloud of hair paired with the dark, dour clothes... there's even something of it in her eye/brow/nose shape. Though, as I said, it is extremely, extremely stylized. More reminiscent of a caricature then a representation.

Hrm, and maybe some Waterhouse inspiration in the clothing....

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Land of the Brave: How new Disney movie
    will put Scotland right on the map

The Disney-owned studio are putting the finishing touches to the next computer-animated blockbuster, Brave, the mythical story of a Scottish princess taking on magical forces across the Highlands.

The film is released next summer but the Daily Record has been given an exclusive sneak peek at the eagerly anticipated film.

It features a Who's Who of Scots talent, including Kelly Macdonald, Billy Connolly, Kevin McKidd, Robbie Coltrane and Craig Ferguson, alongside award-winning actresses Emma Thompson and Julie Walters.

But director Mark Andrews says the biggest star of the movie will be Scotland itself.

He has had teams of researchers scouring the country to make sure they get the scenery, the rain, the Scottish dialects - and even the midges - just right.

And Mark, who has worked on most of the other big Pixar hits but makes his feature directorial debut with Brave, says a lot of the credit for the movie will go to an anonymous Edinburgh cabbie who mapped out a special scenic route of Scotland for him on his honeymoon.
    Originally titled The Bear And The Bow, it's about the adventures of Merida, a feisty archery-loving Scottish princess voiced by Kelly Macdonald.

She is at odds with her controlling but loving parents King Fergus (Billy Connolly) and Queen Elinor (Emma Thompson) and gets in trouble with some magic which has consequences for the whole kingdom.

Mark said: "It's all about the relationship between a mother and daughter, and how this young woman has problems with her mother.
    full article at:
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/showbiz/television-news/2011/06/30/land-of-the-brave-how-new-disney-movie-will-put-scotland-right-on-the-map-86908-23237377/

"If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I took a look at the trailer for it, and it looks entertaining. I'll definatel see it when it comes out, and I think it will be cool on how Pixar does a fairy tale.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Saw the 3D version (we had free tickets that's the only reason!) and it was ok. Very very dark and ominous. i didn't like that. We'll see what the actual trailer reveals.
    Nothing I've seen of this movie, so far, looks that appealing. Not really that fond of the the darker artistic styling, and the animation just looks a little creepier, for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: Well, I have to say that this newest princess is one of the least pretty of all the other Disney princesses in a long line of Disney heroines. I mean, that big fat face!! That unruly red hair! Yuck!

ORGOCH: Well, if'n that ain't the cauldron callin' the kettle black!!! Ever take a look in the mirror of yer own dang self, sister? I mean, that big fat face! That unruly red hair!! Double YUCK!!!

ORDDU: But you have to admit--as someone on another web footed sight said--that this newest princess DOES come across like an angry cabbage patch doll come to life...
    hahahahahaha, you 3 have really identified some of what is causing me to take a step back from this movie, at this point in time.

Yeah, she does resemble those Chuckie dolls that used to sit on top of those rotating balls in Spectromagic!

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: Well, I have to say that this newest princess is one of the least pretty of all the other Disney princesses in a long line of Disney heroines. I mean, that big fat face!! That unruly red hair! Yuck!

ORGOCH: Well, if'n that ain't the cauldron callin' the kettle black!!! Ever take a look in the mirror of yer own dang self, sister? I mean, that big fat face! That unruly red hair!! Double YUCK!!!

ORDDU: But you have to admit--as someone on another web footed sight said--that this newest princess DOES come across like an angry cabbage patch doll come to life...
    I find that a bit offensive. I'm glad there's finally a Disney princess with curly hair.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123